• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

oh c'mon...she's boring

I think her songs are boring.

But I thought - at least with the first song - that her performance of said boring song was stunning.

For her finale, she seemed more nervous, and I think that's why she went off key. But as she kept singing she began relaxing and got back into her rhythm, so to speak.

That being said, she didn't draw out the emotion of the song "Memories" from me that it normally does. But that's the difference between performing a song and emoting a song.

Let me explain it this way: back in the 80's there was a Christian group called Harvest. One of their songs went like this:

It's not often I feel like lifting my hands in worship

It's not often I feel like singing songs of joy

But so often I'm reminded of His ways and how He's so faithful

So I'll offer Him this sacrifice of praise

All that is in me, all that I am

There's nothing I withhold from Him

All that is in me, all that I am

Will glorify the Lamb...

Now, as the lead singer sang this song, you could feel the groaning of his heart with the words. You could hear this as a prayer. It drew my heart to groan and cry out in prayer as well with it.

But one day in college, I heard a girl sang this song during a church service. Instead of singing it as a prayer, she sang it as a declaration to the people. Instead of praying the words, she was making statements about the words. You could tell this in how she was performing the song (looking directly at the people and such) and how her voice fluctuated the notes and such.

To me, it completely killed the song. :cool:

So, anyway, that's what I mean by performing the song rather than emoting the song.

Wow, neb, that was one of my favorite songs back then. I've been trying to find it online, along with their other songs, and I can't find it. Do you know how to find it?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people also just enjoy people exhibiting a talent.

Not in the entertainment business world. They want to see sales and couldn't care less about talent.

Can you honestly tell me that Johnny Rotten had a brain enough for talent?

The people who liked the Sex Pistols liked an image they had created for themselves of a rebellious generation that shocked people. It was a defensive mechanism for people who suffered from fear. How many singers have you heard and went "how did they get a job as a singer?"

So my point is that talent has almost nothing to do with it. There is a certain level of ability and determination which is required, of course, but talent? People are buying a style (and image) which they identify with. Talent is a completely non-primary issue in the entertainment business at the level she is competing for.

bwahahaahaah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,108
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

The hype over Susan Boyle was so people could feel less superficial than they really are for a fleeting moment.

I'm the Susan Boyle of Worthy Boards. People should feel sorry for me being old and ugly too. Shall I sing???

No, that's not true! I LOVE Susan Boyle; her voice and the fact that she is so totally NOT slick and phoney. I'll bet you're not old OR ugly, yod. I could get a picture from nebula but then...she have to kill me! :cool:

And don't let him fool you about singing either . . . he got them doe ray me's down so fa te . . . hey? what happen to la?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I do not know who Johnny Rotten is and I do not know who the sex pistols are ..

I feel spared by the sound of their names..

But I really like many kinds of music ...

The metal and hip hop and the rap ...no...

Susan's singing is a blessing to my ears..

(she needs to leave her public voice to song and get her mouth washed out though..)

I love country and oldies and classical and all kinds of stuff..

My husband hates George Jones... :noidea::cool:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,108
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

. . . . now where is david alan coe in your list?

:cool:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I think those are all beautiful people. How dare you say they are old and ugly!?!

They're NOT old and ugly...they're just not beautiful people, IMO, they're just so-so. How dare YOU so Susan Boyle is old and ugly? :cool:

In my old age I'm turning into my dad who could drive all the way to Mexico and back without ever turning on the radio or playing music. I can only remember him liking 3 different artists his whole life. Merle Haggard, Ray Price, and Hank Williams.

I'll bet you could drive that distance with your left blinker on too....

:blink:

Hmmm....come to think of it dem are some purty dang good 'uns. ::::spits tobacco::::::

:noidea:

I think those are all beautiful people. How dare you say they are old and ugly!?!

They're NOT old and ugly...they're just not beautiful people, IMO, they're just so-so. How dare YOU so Susan Boyle is old and ugly? :cool:

In my old age I'm turning into my dad who could drive all the way to Mexico and back without ever turning on the radio or playing music. I can only remember him liking 3 different artists his whole life. Merle Haggard, Ray Price, and Hank Williams.

I'll bet you could drive that distance with your left blinker on too....

how did you know????

But as Susan Boyle-ish as I am, I still know how to use a "QUOTE BOX" better than you!!!

:blink:

Hmmm....come to think of it dem are some purty dang good 'uns. ::::spits tobacco::::::

:noidea:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow, neb, that was one of my favorite songs back then. I've been trying to find it online, along with their other songs, and I can't find it. Do you know how to find it?

I just found this recently.

Looks like you can get them for a donation. I'm planning on purchasing some once I get my pennies scraped together. :noidea:

http://www.epicministries.org/browse_product.php

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I just found this recently.

Looks like you can get them for a donation. I'm planning on purchasing some once I get my pennies scraped together. :noidea:

http://www.epicministries.org/browse_product.php

Yeah, I'll have to do some scraping, too. But that song isn't on that CD. Or is it a different title?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

How can anyone not like Hank Williams :noidea::rolleyes::laugh::noidea::noidea::noidea: ...when I first heard him I was awe-srtuck...there was a melancholy southern drawl that just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up...beyond the sunset; I'm free at last; rocking chair money; and now I strum them on my Robert Taylor guitar but sing them to myself and the cat with a very english accent...doesn't have quite the same impact.