• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

My sister has made the mistake of staying with her boyfriend/fiance even after getting into a spiritual battle with him. He's a Jehovah's Witness, she is a Christian.

And now, after I told her, "I feel obligated to talk to him. Nonbelievers either need to get with the program or be rejected for rejecting Christ."

She responded more or less saying that "We both believe the same thing it's just different in the fine details"

At this point I go, oh great. She's already stepped onto a slippery slope, and now she's letting him change her beliefs.

Tell me, what should I do? Tell our pastor to talk with them? Something like that? She's in a dangerous position.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

This is a very hard one. Will your sister even listen to you? I know mine would not listen to me. If she will not, then yes, ask your pastor to intervene. If he can not do this, he may be able to point you to someone who can. Other then that, all you can do is sit down with scripture and compare what the JW believes to what a Christian believes.

How versed are you with the JW beliefs? It is essential that you know and understand what they believe before you even try to talk with her. I have no doubt, by her statement, that he boyfriend/fiance has already given her his side of the story, twisting their doctrine to make it sound like they believe the same way a Christian believes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

This is a very hard one. Will your sister even listen to you? I know mine would not listen to me. If she will not, then yes, ask your pastor to intervene. If he can not do this, he may be able to point you to someone who can. Other then that, all you can do is sit down with scripture and compare what the JW believes to what a Christian believes.

How versed are you with the JW beliefs? It is essential that you know and understand what they believe before you even try to talk with her. I have no doubt, by her statement, that he boyfriend/fiance has already given her his side of the story, twisting their doctrine to make it sound like they believe the same way a Christian believes.

I did suggest that she meet with our pastor. I know that JWs differ in many fundamentals of our faith, such as the Trinity and the deity of Christ and salvation and heaven/hell and the list goes on. However, I'm not well-versed enough to be able to defend myself without notes.

I'll be living in the same house as her in July, and at that point I can really nudge her to do the right thing. But at this point I think a sit-down with our pastor would do a lot of good. Maybe even her boyfriend would go...

Hmm.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Praying that the Lord will give you the wisdom and the opportunity to speak with your sister and her fiancee. Love her and encourage her in the Lord. Blessings!!

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Praying

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

My sister has made the mistake of staying with her boyfriend/fiance even after getting into a spiritual battle with him. He's a Jehovah's Witness, she is a Christian.

And now, after I told her, "I feel obligated to talk to him. Nonbelievers either need to get with the program or be rejected for rejecting Christ."

She responded more or less saying that "We both believe the same thing it's just different in the fine details"

At this point I go, oh great. She's already stepped onto a slippery slope, and now she's letting him change her beliefs.

Tell me, what should I do? Tell our pastor to talk with them? Something like that? She's in a dangerous position.

First off PRAY and continue to be in prayer for her and him,too.

[it is different in MAJOR BELIEFS OF GOD AND CHRIST AND EVERYTHING]

(Please I ask you forgive my typos etc Iam so tired but wanted to answer you now and can more later if you pm me its ok,as I am not typing well today due to fingers prob,I am not going to go back and correct it all due to fatigue as I ammore ill today,please just check it out though )

(>>>I can help you in teachings if you want help,but if talking to a jw,they will jump around,you will need to ask lets keep to one at a time to fully understand (and ca nsay ill write down any othe thing to come back to it later,then remind them when they subject jump the agreement to ONE A T A TIME,they subject jump because it keeps them from thinking it out,the org teaches that and doublethink etc I think your pastor may be help in this for you and some new books are out and more info to help, too) and think it out,when I'm feeling bit better I can go over what Bible says and what they teach with you if you like me to)

I was raised in the horrible cult and I know they are not soposed to marry out (of the corporation) called the organization..prob why he is indoctrinating your sister to be in it. (it will also make him look better in the org or he may actually believe what they have told him) It may be that neither she nor he cares what anyone says (?)and just want to jump fast into a relationship(a bad thing to do,but infatuated people do sometimes) advise to continue prayers.

When one first goes to their "meetings"they have the honeymoon period,they bombard a new one with "friendship and niceness,later you're just another unhappy one of the bunch being regulated into their mind control and unloving life without Christ or HisLove sighs)

Most important your sister needs to know Christian Truth of Who Jesus is (He is the Truth not an orgs teachings they made up they call the truth) and the totally NONChristian teachings they say of Him in contrast.

CAUTION:

She needs information what it means for her future personally and who they were in their past ,how they got started and what they really teach and do to peoples lives.

If she "studies with them" it is called by them "mental regulating"(I call it brainwashing,they will use their books and excerpts of messed up (not real they changed them)scriptures to convince and repeating their views thousands of times )

They will "warn her the devil is going to use her family or friends to say things against them or their org",then when family tries to talk to them,the person thinks oh it is prophetic! nonsense! So tell here that anyone going into something should look at the facts, historical and from out side their own information before going head on into what they don't know about,that is only reasonable, safe, sane,right.(for they are hiding ALOT) (and they twist and layer alot of teachings and confusion)

CAUTION HER THIS:If she becomes baptised-into-their-org(&their other jesus) (it is not the Father Son HolySpirit ,and certainly not the LORD we know either!they do not believe HE rose from the dead or the Holy Spirit is even a person,nor Jesus isDiety,they consider HIm a created angel ,misusing Real Bible Scripture (changing it in their scripture in many places,book of JOhn,in Corinthians all over in it, mix up teaching about Preiminince and begotton to that they say Jesus was created not that what it means -it is really HE is before all things and above over all things Creator of all things (HIMSELF UNCREATED),confusing when HE was in heaven (Preeminent over all HE is First, and on earth later begotten in Mary.)

(The twisting scripture and false teachings and mind regula ting ,please see it is alot and look into a book about this or online for help in CHristianexJehovahwitness sites that are Christian or freeminds.org has so much help ther e(I personall ytlakedot the owner of this site logn ago when I was out of this org)tons of info their own old books show they did what I said and more(freeminds has a ton of help including their own literature to show her with who hey really are and say overtime!and helps how to talk to her or him too) http://www.freeminds.org

!!!CAUTION THIS:and if she ever tries to leave that org ,they will ban (disfellowship)her [if she is not baptized in it she will get "dissassociated, samething!] from her entire family ,including any children they have and him and everyone else she thinks was her friend there. there is NO honorable way to leave it,they just rule you and don't allow you to think or leave !

Whenone leaves ,as I did,my entire family were forbidden to ever talk to me a gain,the org says in their literature of those who leave as me that; I am DEAD and deserve to be KILLED but it is not legal to kill,they print such things Ive seen it, slowly a little of my family talk to me a bit,not much ,some never. that is for only leavingand becoming a Christian ( makes it worse with them!by a landslide )One cannot be free ever again with them, one cannot use their own minds for anything and one certainly has NO rights to leave EVER and remain able to see their own mom or dad or sisters or brothers or children etc etc. if they are in it,and when going into it ,soon they will want one to stop "associating with nonJWfamily too if they do not convert over or talk about it,too)

in my days in there(a good deal of my life)>>>The watchtower printed and I quote as I was in org with mom when I read it too! : "if the governing body asks you to jump. Your only answer should be how high!?"

They have a LONG-history of fortelling the false endtime dates,(1800s onward)(alot of other stuff) I lived through reading the watchtower that armegeddon was coming and would be in 1975 end etc and there are many other times, it's teachings are founded upon Charles Taze Russell's teachings alone (now they deny it once we were told it was his and we were definately NOT CHRISTIAN they are more subtle in this now) and he made them all up!

http://www.freeminds.org may be help to you in finding ways to talk to her now before she is in too deep and ways to help him who is already in it etc.

It would be volumness to write it all out here,I hope you read up,books in Christians stores or looking online be alot of help to you.

Every person I ever seen posting s or met who left says"I escaped the org" ESCAPE why "escape"is so common to all of us who don't even know each other? because it controls us so totally. It will try to control and invade every and I DO MEAN EVERY ASPECT OF HER MARRIAGE &FAMILY LIFE, FRIENDS<THOUGHTS, DRESS CODE, EVEN ANY LOOK OF DISSCENT(dissagree) ON HER FACE DURING A MEETING! IT'S SOO OUT THERE......

>>>>ALSO SHE WILL BE FORBIDDEN TO EVER EVER EVER SPEAK DIRECTLY TO JESUS CHRIST! BELIEVE HE IS GOD OR ROSE IN THE FLESH.OR TAKE ANYCOMMUNION ANYWHERE(they don't have a real communion)<BELIEVE SHE WILL GO TO HEAVEN, OR STUDY THE BIBLE IN A GROUP FOR BIBLE STUDY WITH ANYONE ,INCLUDING FRIENDS ,UNLESS IT IS ONLY A JWITNESS BOOK WITH AN ELDER THERE(to control what people talk about)..............ENDLESS LISTS...........

it is not a good life in the org,

However be that as it may, GOD THE TRUE GOD IS STRONGER THAN LIES AND PRAY AND TEACH HER TRUTH IN JESUS AND THE BIBLE SO SHE WILL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE AND PRAY ALOT GOD IS NEAR!!! I PRAY HE GUIDE YOU AND GIVE YOU HELP AND PEACE THAT YOU WILL NEED AND WORDS FOR HER IN HIS HolySpirit and BIBLE.

I am so sorry she is chancing this life and hope she looks eyes open and in Gods help in prayers really soon. May the Lord guide you to what she needs to hear and perhaps LOrd willing her bf may come out also to know Jesus Christ amen

elkie

Would she talk with your pastor?? He is hopefully prepared for such,ask him.

I did suggest that she meet with our pastor. I know that JWs differ in many fundamentals of our faith, such as the Trinity and the deity of Christ and salvation and heaven/hell and the list goes on. However, I'm not well-versed enough to be able to defend myself without notes.

I'll be living in the same house as her in July, and at that point I can really nudge her to do the right thing. But at this point I think a sit-down with our pastor would do a lot of good. Maybe even her boyfriend would go...

Hmm.

May I please suggest that she talk with your pastor without her bf firstly,he could be more freely with her,then if with her bf. However, JW's are not allowed to learn from pastors or anyone actually they forbid it,so you know the level of resistance ,your sister should go to see your pastor without him firstly ;my opinion.

I used to work in counter cult to help with Gods Help in me and for them, people out of the org at one time. I saw some come out,and they came to Christ praiseGOD!

elkie

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

She is allowing herself to be unequally yoked and that is bad. I know you are praying for her and this whole situation. Here's a website that I suggest you study to help you sort through some things. Maybe your sister might take a look, too:

http://www.4witness.org

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

Personaly unequally yoked isn't that big of a deal to me. I understand the complications of it, and the dangers. It all depends on the believers faith and maturity in the Lord. Caution must be used when deciding to mary someone, but that goes for anyone who is to get married.

Talk to you sister, but don't go overboard with the preaching. Be very careful not to condemn her or her man. Be humble and calm, just keep planting seeds. Pray and be still. Trust the Lord to guide you and her.

Surely if she does end up going to that cult the Lord will let her know the truth. Do not try to seperate them!

Blessings to you!