• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/28/2009 at 5:18 PM, Chiquita said:

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. They are giving anti-psychotic medication and discharged after they no longer hear voices.

Does anybody have any information on psychosis? I'm simply ignorant regardings this illness. Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this? :emot-fail:

Thank you in advance, guys!

Chiquita

I have this issue, i am demon possessed because i hear voices and whenever i pray against the evil causing it the voices sound lower in volume. I persist and take medication which is doing a good things for me. admittedly its tough to fight this, because it is so strong and i get severe headaches from it.

Edited by Prycejosh1987

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It is about chemical imbalance and spiritual possession . The way to deliverance is compliance to meds and to convince the disturbing spirits to leave one alone . And that is to have a fruitful meaningful life . Otherwise, one would have to learn about one's own weaknesses, like inordinate fears, sadness, anger and shame for these are what the spirits leverage on . Once emotions are mastered, the spirits leave . But sometimes the spirits or the sufferer become dependent . Jesus is said to have cast demons from the ill with ease . Christian spirituality is a powerful help .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 7/28/2009 at 12:18 PM, Chiquita said:

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. They are giving anti-psychotic medication and discharged after they no longer hear voices.

Does anybody have any information on psychosis? I'm simply ignorant regardings this illness. Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this? :emot-fail:

Chiquita

A Nobel-Prize winner in Mathematics used to always believe he saw more people than there really were. When he played with children, he believed there were seven or eight when there were only two or three. While his perception was flawed, his intellect wasn't; when two men delivered to him the papers for his Nobel-Prize, he asked, "Am I seeing one person, or are there four"? The men assured him there were two. He laughed and gave them a hearty thanks. He understood, and accepted his state, and was even able to laugh at it. He was obviously very functional and literate as a Mathematics professor. Was it a mental condition, or was it demonic?

The real question should be, "Is he saved"? That question is the only question that makes any difference. If saved, demons cannot possess a believer because Christ himself lives in him, and we read, "He is greater in you than he who lives in the world." If he is not saved, then from an eternal standpoint, it would not matter, though from his temporary time on earth, it may.

Edited by Coliseum
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

One can be oppressed/afflicted by powers of spiritual wickedness without being possessed by evil spirits; furthermore, existing biochemical, physiological, and psychological pathology can be exploited by the evil ones.  Discernment given by our Father above --- a gift of His Holy Spirit --- is the only means by which the truth may be revealed. 

Psychosis and other psychiatric maladies can arise from factors independent of spiritual oppression or exploitation. The question isn't one of salvation because the born again can and do suffer from such things. In this world of the falling away men lack vision and knowledge of the spiritual, given to exalting themselves as judges of what they can't comprehend. There are some who deny spiritual realities and there are others who ascribe spiritual causation to all things; both do so at their peril. The flesh is weak. 

What's the result for the afflicted? They're tossed about by the insolence of those who judge them according to the flesh. Their salvation is called into question, they're told they lack faith or worse, that their suffering is the result of sin on their part, all of which has the effect of magnifying their suffering. Woe to the blind guides who teach the afflicted how to stumble as they do themselves.  Refer to Job 42:7-9 to learn of the Lord's wrath against those who work iniquity. 

For the born again who suffer in such a way, consider Job and the man born blind from the 9th chapter of John. The Lord manifested His work in both to the glory of God. Look to Jesus Christ and praise HIs holy name,

It is good for me that I was afflicted,
That I may learn Your statutes.
The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of gold and silver pieces. 

(Psalm 119:71)

• Thumbs Up 1

One has to know Michel Foucault's Panopticum if  one works in a mental asylum . Don't label mental patients . Psychosocial relationship counselling teaches that there are many different social circumstances that befall them, some extremely sad, others less so . Acceptance therapy is a form of Zen, focus meditation that may help in amplifying existent skills across domains that boosts self esteem and resistance against the voices . My case is special because mine is late middle age onset and  even my elderly parents said I was a no hoper and had to forget the past, i.e. my childhood after I explained that it had little to do with them, and just get on with life . Some say carte blanche forgiveness is a requirement for progress but that in my experience will certainly be abused if not managed carefully . The way is reasoned awareness after forgiving, explained as a need to let go to move forward . Then comes self analysis of the past best in a childlike innocent way, forgiving yourself if necessary . In John, it is no use the Holy Ghost washing away one's sin if one is faced in the same direction afterwards . Therefore, Christian spirituality is a must . All my non medical treatment has been self DIY as CBT doesn't really work . What may work however is the character and personality of the adjuvant therapist . I've tried Western philosophy of the Enlightenists, Cassanova, Existentialism, new Age Spiritualism, all the forms of Yoga, Fung Kok Loy Tai Ji virtues, and Carl Jung personality psychology . They all helped only so much . What finally helps is the life of Jesus, his teachings that are in the Bible but NOT walking with Jesus or even the thoughts of of the apostles. Jesus was aghast at John for doing so because he said he didn't mind ending up on the cross with him! It is personal conviction in Christian spirituality and an openness coupled with a sense of self preservation  that hopefully will lead one afflicted out of darkness .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

9 minutes ago, Peter Krishnan said:

Jesus was aghast at John for doing so because he said he didn't mind ending up on the cross with him!

Can you please share where this is found in the Bible? I can't find it. Thank you.

It is an interpretation of seemingly trivial events that took place on his journey after the fig tree; he told Peter to build a temple on a rock someplace and asked him to remain behind . Jesus was walking ahead alone when John went up to his side and indicated he'd stay with him till the end . Jesus let John walk with him for a while, then said he needn't do so and John quickly stepped away . I can't read the Bible properly because it is too traumatic for me now . Sorry, John didn't actually say so . I just heard it in my head then . Sorry again .

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/28/2009 at 9:18 AM, Chiquita said:

Chiquita

If understanding your post as it indicates, you aren't a psych tech in any capacity. These would be somewhat on the level of licensed vocational nurses, or close to it in similar proximity of educational status and some type of certification. I'm sure online studies are easily available to you.

But, you must realize they would fall short of the knowledge of Christianity unless otherwise indicated. There are some facilities that do cover the gambut of this, but they are not commonplace. They are also very pricey being a sad state of advantage to opportunists which are personally displeasing to me.

They of course, ostracize the poor and financially disadvantaged.

These being in the poverty level or close to this, would probably be majority of the core group of those suffering from emotional issues considered as a psychotic or indicative of needing psychiatric care. I am of the personal opinion, these mental disorders and the like can be a spiritually, genetically, and/or a co-combined issue.

Schizophrenia and its variances are the most common of ailments. 

If you are working in a mental institution of some sort, there should be plenty of cases studies you could take interest if you have personal interaction with them. What if you are allowed to disclose do you actually do as an employee? Are you in housekeeping or food services? I'm curious of your occupation due to the interest. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Peter Krishnan said:

he told Peter to build a temple on a rock someplace

Just for your information, Peter....Jesus Christ is the rock the church is built upon.   Jesus was telling that He Himself is the rock.

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."  Matthew 16:18.

Edited by Debp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, Peter Krishnan said:

I can't read the Bible properly because it is too traumatic for me now . Sorry, John didn't actually say so . I just heard it in my head then . Sorry again .

Don't apologize for this, Peter. If you are emotionally troubled by the heavier aspects of historic events in the word of God, I highly recommend children's bible stories about Jesus in particular and His love for children especially. You need to know and understand the Lord's vast and unconditional love for you in particular as a person. Yes, He loves you. He also wants you to have peace of mind and not have such a troubled heart about things. 

John 14:27 KJV - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1