• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi,

My doubt is regarding the way Jacob treated Leah. God commands all husbands to love their wives as their own body, yet from what I've read, Jacob always hated Leah. Why didn't God ask him to be loving to her. Why was God a mute spectator? He gave her sons, but children are an additional blessing. Why didn't see that she had the marital bliss He has promised all of us?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

hi,

My doubt is regarding the way Jacob treated Leah. God commands all husbands to love their wives as their own body, yet from what I've read, Jacob always hated Leah. Why didn't God ask him to be loving to her. Why was God a mute spectator? He gave her sons, but children are an additional blessing. Why didn't see that she had the marital bliss He has promised all of us?

God was not mute. God gave Leah more children than Rachel, because Jacob was not as nice to her. For a woman in that time, that gave her more status than her sister.

Where is marital bliss promised to us in the bible? You wont find it Gerda.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/10/1968

Gerda's

hi,

Romance came from Rome, and I've never read anywhere in the bible that Jacob hated Leah. Edited by precepts

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Gerda,

Jacob was a man and as such he was sinful and often mistaken. What held him in Gods favor was not his perfect Legal ways, but Faith in Gods Word and God's unmerited Grace. :blink:

Leah was seen by God and her condition was not overlooked, God rewarded her for her Faithfulness. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yeah, I'm not sure Leah was hated . . . after all, she did conceive many children by Jacob . . . if you catch my meaning. But she did not receive the kind of affection and favor that Rachel did.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

hi,

I told it in a story form here, if you're interested.

Beginnings.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

Leah may not have been "hated", but rather "resented" because of the trickery that was used for her to be his wife. If I had worked 7 years and was tricked with the sister as my bride. I would probably have resented her too, although there is no evidence she was a willing participant in the trick. It was apparent that Rachel was his favorite, but it does not say Leah was mis-treated or considered "inferior" as a wife.

Guest shiloh357

Rachel was the wife Jacob loved most. Leah was simply loved less and this is evidenced by the fact that Rachel's frstborn, Joseph became the first born son of the family ahead of Reuben who was the firstborn of Leah and this made Leah's sons very jealous. Granted, Joseph's arrogance showboating in his younger years only added fuel to the fire.

Guest Butero
hi,

Jacob never wanted to marry Leah, and was tricked into the marriage. Leah was a willing accompliss in the scheme. Even so, as has been pointed out, God gave her a large number of children because Jacob loved Rachel more. I don't know what you expect God to have done. In addition, I really don't remember any examples of Jacob intentionally mistreating Leah.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Leah was a willing accompliss in the scheme.

Willing? Or was she being obedient to her father?