• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The mark of the beast is the incense burned to a Roman Emperor (most specifically Nero) by the apostate Jews. No sense looking for it today, you won't find it. THere are no Emperors left.

Interesting thing about the Mark of the Beast in Revelation: It is the exact antithesis of the Mark of God in Deuteronomy 6.

Deu 6:8 You shall bind them for a sign on your hand, and they shall be for symbols between your eyes.

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Such a mark would have significance to Jewish people who had been taught about wearing the Word. It has NONE to us modern folks.

What is the writer telling the reader then? Apparently that whomever receives this mark is replacing the true God of Scripture with the Beast. Did the apostate Jews do this? Yes they did...by doing as they were told. Did the Jews of that day not cry out "We have no King but Caesar!" Yes they did. Who incited them to do this? Their leadership. The False Prophet. The Jewish leadership had been given all the authority of the beast to persecute Christians. Witness if you will the words about Paul our brother who had been one of them:

Acts 9:1 & 2 Now Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest, and asked for letters from him to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.

Whom did Paul go to? THE HIGH PRIEST. And if the Romans were in charge of the region, and history tells us that they were, how could they not be offended at his going to the High Priest for such authority...unless the High Priest and Sanhedrin was already figuratively speaking in bed with the Romans, hence John's calling the Jewish authorities 'the false prophet'. The Sanhedrin had the authority of Rome behind it because they were Emperor Worshipers themselves. Their false teaching that Jesus was not Messiah turned apostate Israel into Rome's mistress. God then cast apostate Israel into a bed of tribulation and punished her double for her sins using Rome to do it.

It was the apostate Jewish leadership (the false prophet of Revelation) which sold unbelieving Israel down the river and caused her to receive the mark of the beast, condemning that entire generation except for those became Believers.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest reverent1

If the mark of the beast were considered to be if you were reliant upon the system or not we would all flunk.

Render unto Ceaser no ?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

the mark has been contested for years, but what do we truely know about it? just what revalation says. that has already been pointed out. what im here to say is that in my personal opinion, after reading all the replies, is that it will be a mark, a real, physical mark. i dont know about the technology part, but that is possible also. the mark of the beast will be known to us before we are taken, i think, something that was just created and then jesus will come back. now God willing i am what has been prophesied over me, a modern day prophet. im not claiming to know the future; in fact only little things have been shown to me by the Lord. but im scared, scared of what knowing the future could hold. so pray for me, and for the end times. pray for the people that will be left behind, that they will finally see the truth by someone, anyone.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

the mark has been contested for years, but what do we truely know about it? just what revalation says. that has already been pointed out. what im here to say is that in my personal opinion, after reading all the replies, is that it will be a mark, a real, physical mark. i dont know about the technology part, but that is possible also. the mark of the beast will be known to us before we are taken, i think, something that was just created and then jesus will come back. now God willing i am what has been prophesied over me, a modern day prophet. im not claiming to know the future; in fact only little things have been shown to me by the Lord. but im scared, scared of what knowing the future could hold. so pray for me, and for the end times. pray for the people that will be left behind, that they will finally see the truth by someone, anyone.

So you're saying you are a prophet? How do you know that? And welcome to Worthy, btw. :emot-highfive:

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/30/1963

The significance of the mark of the beast is a combination of three 6's: [6 is the number of imperfection]

6 - satan

6 - abaddon-Apollyon

6 - the man of lawlessness

This triad consists of:

1.satan [the dragon]

2.abaddon-apollyon, the angelic beast and king of the abyss angelics [Jude 1:6]

3.the little horn of Daniel's visions

The mark is the name of the beast, or the number of his name .... it is also the number of a human

His name given in scripture is Abaddon-Apollyon, he is a fallen angelic who will do satan's bidding on the earth during the tribulation period .... he has ruled over 5 Middle Eastern kingdoms for satan in the ancient past and he will be released from the abyss to rule there again over his last 2 kingdoms during the tribulation period [Revelation 9:11; 11:7; 17:8]

Those who receive his mark will do so because they will want to identify with him .... these will worship him as a god

This beast will fully possess the human little horn, king of the northern Middle East .... the combination of a fallen angelic and a human [Daniel 8:9-12; 8:23-25; 11:36-45; 12:7]

This entity will be who some call the "antichrist" [anti-Christ means "against" Jesus Christ]

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

We can know this about the Mark it has to be received and along with it the person is willing to worship the Beast & his image.

I would say because the person is willing to worship the beast & his image the receiving of the Mark would have to be done willingingly. IMO.

REV 14:9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, 10 he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

MelodyCat,

Good scriptural reference on this subject !!!

You are correct .... those who take the mark of the beat will do so willingly

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The significance of the mark of the beast is a combination of three 6's: [6 is the number of imperfection]

6 - satan

6 - abaddon-Apollyon

6 - the man of lawlessness

This triad consists of:

1.satan [the dragon]

2.abaddon-apollyon, the angelic beast and king of the abyss angelics [Jude 1:6]

3.the little horn of Daniel's visions

The mark is the name of the beast, or the number of his name .... it is also the number of a human

His name given in scripture is Abaddon-Apollyon, he is a fallen angelic who will do satan's bidding on the earth during the tribulation period .... he has ruled over 5 Middle Eastern kingdoms for satan in the ancient past and he will be released from the abyss to rule there again over his last 2 kingdoms during the tribulation period [Revelation 9:11; 11:7; 17:8]

Those who receive his mark will do so because they will want to identify with him .... these will worship him as a god

This beast will fully possess the human little horn, king of the northern Middle East .... the combination of a fallen angelic and a human [Daniel 8:9-12; 8:23-25; 11:36-45; 12:7]

This entity will be who some call the "antichrist" [anti-Christ means "against" Jesus Christ]

How did this fallen angel rule over 5 kingdoms and then end up in the abyss? God set those fallen angels from Gen. 6 into the abyss and that was before all these kingdoms so how did this future ruler get into the abyss? From what I get from scriptures is that these angels just can't come and go at will and that satan cannot send anyone there or take anyone out.

Briefly .....

This fallen angelic, the first beast of Revelation, is Abaddon-Apollyon who rules over the 7 human kingdoms and associated human king positions for satan .... satan is the god of this world

This beast is described in Revelation 9:11; 11:7; and 17:8

Five of his ancient kingdoms have fallen .... the 5th just before the first century .... these are all identified in scripture and verified by historical records

He is currently in the abyss where some of the fallen angelics are imprisoned and he is their king .... no interaction with humanity is possible while these are in the abyss [Jude 1:6]

He was sent to the abyss after his 5th kingdom fell .... and is still there today

He will come out of the abyss to rule again during the coming tribulation period .... and he will be released by satan [Revelation 9:1 .... read Revelation 12 regarding satan and the fallen angelics]

Abaddon-Apollyon will be destroyed in the lake of fire at Armageddon [Revelation 19:20] .... and satan will then be captured and imprisomed in the abyss for 1,000 years [Revelation 20:1-3]

Edited by Stephen1

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Briefly .....

This fallen angelic, the first beast of Revelation, is Abaddon-Apollyon who rules over the 7 human kingdoms and associated human king positions for satan .... satan is the god of this world

This beast is described in Revelation 9:11; 11:7; and 17:8

Five of his ancient kingdoms have fallen .... the 5th just before the first century .... these are all identified in scripture and verified by historical records

He is currently in the abyss where some of the fallen angelics are imprisoned and he is their king .... no interaction with humanity is possible while these are in the abyss [Jude 1:6]

He was sent to the abyss after his 5th kingdom fell .... and is still there today

He will come out of the abyss to rule again during the coming tribulation period .... and he will be released by satan [Revelation 9:1 .... read Revelation 12 regarding satan and the fallen angelics]

Abaddon-Apollyon will be destroyed in the lake of fire at Armageddon [Revelation 19:20] .... and satan will then be captured and imprisomed in the abyss for 1,000 years [Revelation 20:1-3]

Who sent him there? and where can we find this in scripture? I cannot see where God sent a ruler who resided over 5 kingdoms then sent him to the abyss only to let him out to rule once again, doesn't make any sense at all. I agree there is one who will come from the abyss thats pretty clear in scripture but what you are saying here just doesn't add up in any way. And God releases the ones from the abyss according to Rev. 9 a star or angel falls from heaven with the key to open the abyss, are you saying this angel is satan?