GodPreciousChild

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

According to Gen. 8:13 Noah was 601 when the waters dried up from the earth. My own opinion is the oxygen levels before the flood were greated allowing things to grow bigger etc. Its amazing to think after all Noah had been through prior to the flood he still had to come out of that ark and start all over again at his age!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In the Bible it says in Genesis that Noah lived to be 950 years old, how is this possible?

The human body replaces all it's cells as you get older. Water in your body is replaced about every 96 hours. Your outer skin cells are replaced every day also the lining of your intestines. Other cells like your liver are all replaced about every three or so years and other organs up to ten or eleven years.

What makes us get old and body parts not work well in contained in the ends of our genetic cells.

It is beilived by some (including me) that the radiation that we receive each day damages this dna and causes physical problems within our bodies. Before the flood there was supposedly a rather thick layer of water high in the sky that filtered out much of this damaging radiation that destroys our DNA.

If the cells would reproduce themselves faithfully there is no reason why a human would die of old age at all. Disease, starvation and accident would be the only real worry for life spans, and we really don't know about the bacteria, viral and other little critters that affect our health prior to the flood.

We also don't really know if everyone lived that long or just the pure genetic line from Adam to Noah that was not mingled with the "Sons of God".

It's good to ponder, but if it was really important in the scheme of things we'd have been told.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

its a question of faith mostly, if you dont believe that Jesus is God and exists eternally ("before Abraham I AM" and they said "your not even 50 yrs old yet you claim to be older than Abraham"), then you will struggle to believe all that is in the bible.

It is ok to question things but take it to God in prayer and you will be satisfied.

I have no trouble with believing miraculous things that are above my understanding, before i met Jesus i neither knew where i came from nor how i got here. There is still a multitute of universes i know nothing about yet God knows every inch and every atom.

I have no problem believing mankind who was created to live forever, but after the fall lived up to 1000 yrs and gradually settled to three score and ten, 70 yrs being a mean average, some such as Moses living to 120 by righteous living.

Moses was recorded as having the strength and eyesight of his youth, that was because he was often in the very presence of the giver of all life. Immediatley after these times his face shone such that he wore a veil so others could look at him.

God is able to do exceedlingly above ALL that we can ever hope for or even imagine.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Well don't you think a guy who lived to be over 900 years old would have left some evidence of his existence? I mean, clearly he was someone important. But theres never been any solid evidence of moses found, even by the hard-digging professional israeli archaeologists. And if he lived to be over 900 years old, how come no other civilization ever mentions him? The greeks, romans, egyptians... All of these people were around at the time and inhabiting that area, but none of these civilizations mention a moses. You'd think they would, because clearly a guy who can live that long and did such a thing as to take away all the jewish slaves of egypt (another thing apparently theres no evidence of) would have been of interest to them. I also understand he led jewish soldiers to conquer rival tribes and areas. But they didnt bring him up either. Clearly a man who could live to be almost 1000 years would be remembered in more than just a book written after his supposed death. And there's never even been a tomb of moses found either.

Also, the technical mechanics of living that long raise questions. Did god literally prevent his tissues from decaying, and his joint from wearing out, and his lungs healthy and his heart muscles intact every day? And then he just decided to stop and let moses die? When you look at all the little things that cause aging in people, it raises questions about what god did to prevent these, and which of these maladies his DID prevent. But there's no answer to this. No one bothered to write down just how moses was being kept alive.

Actually, the topic is NOAH. :emot-hug:

Whoops, mixed noah and moses up again haha

What can I say? Ancient Bibical figures all looked alike. :laugh:

Whoops, mixed noah and moses up again haha

What can I say? Ancient Bibical figures all looked alike. :laugh:

Thanks for understanding!! haha all long hair and white beards and robes... In my mind, anyway. Though, I know for a fact Im not even close to being the only one that does that mix up on a regular basis :b:

Actually (I hate to admit this) but I've done it myself. Especially when reading all of the 'begatting'. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

It get a bit much to handle xD Aaaaaaanyway, I think that basically what I said about moses applies to noah too. No one outside the people who wrote the bible mentions him (unlikely due to his age and importance), theres been no tomb or ark found, and it doesnt explain how he was, in the physical sense, kept alive by god. Can anybody look past my brain farts and enlighten me, please?

The story of Noah..or at least one version of his story...was recorded 1000 years before Moses wrote about it. There were Sumerian (the language of the first known writing) tablets found with the story of Noah and his flood. There is little chance to ever find anything like a tomb for Noah which would be in the range of 3500-4500 BC. That is about 2000 years older than the oldest tomb discovered in Egypt...and as we all know...the Egyptians were just about the cleverest at preserving their history.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you look into the mythological stories of just about every civilization that has written anything for us to read, they talk of Gods coming to earth and having relations with humans and creating offspring and at one time or another a flood.

When I look into the Bible in Genesis I see the "Sons of God" mating with Adams daughters and creating the Nephilim. Same story in the Sumerians, Chinese, Egyptian Mysticism, Greek Roman Babylonian and others.

If you read the timing and actions of Gilgamesh, it pretty much parallels Nimrod in actions and deeds and timing. Timing and actions of Oris and that bunch would be those mighty ones it talks about before the flood.

And remember that Paul tells us that the entities that the Pagans sacrifice to are really demons, they are not just figments of someone's imagination.

The Gods of the Pagans are part of the fallen angels that came out of their own place and came here in the fourth dimension to our little place and pretty well messed things up..... and their stories, while not from the Father, are stories from the Dark Side's point of view, and in that context make sense.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Tho I think, despite my careless error, the case of moses is something else to bring up against the whole idea of people living to extreme ages.

If you think 900 years is a long time, place that in the context of eternity. :laugh::laugh:

When God created man and breathed life into him, He did so without disease or deterioration. Man, a spiritual being in a physical body, was designed by God to last an eternity and to fellowship with Him. Through the fall of man (the first Adam), sin entered the world and corrupted the flesh. Regardless, one day those who have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb (the second Adam) will once again have a physical body...one that will never die.

How about them apples? :whistling:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

If people wanna believe it was some kind of supernatural miracle that allowed them to live hundreds of years...fine. God performs miracles. But too many people always try to rationalize it by saying things like it was the atmospheric conditions...or cellular this...and diseasee free that. C'mon. Bones are bones...they are brittle, breakable, and wearable. The physical composition of bone can't hold up for hundreds of years. It wears down and breaks. Same with the heart, or brain, or flesh, or other internal functions of the human body.

The bible doesn't say God performed a miracle to allow them extraordinarily long lives. The bible also doesn't say that Adams eternity was any more special than any of ours. God could have planned for Adam to live a normal life and then resurrected him into eternity like the rest of us.