kiwi

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

What did God show you when you came to Him?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Am I the only one who hasn't had a "revelation"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

No Kiwi, you aren't. I seek God's will for my life from the scriptures and personally think that a lot of the supposed revelations, are God giving the desires of ones heart. Whether he (God) places the desires there or just gives us what we desire I am not sure. I have heard so many supposed revelations that are not revelations at all, because we all knew it anyway. In other words nothing new revealed. The other night this guy on a chat I go to kept saying that God had specifically revealed to him personally that God wants to us the internet for his purposes. I was like duh, no revelation there, and he was offended because he really thought he was telling us something we didn't know. God may have convicted that person in their heart of something, and they for some reason think its a special revelation, but their thoughts don't necessarily make it so.

Do you see what I mean? I don't see prophetic utterances as necessary now, since we have the whole Bible, and most supposed prophetic utterances are so general and don't really give any new information. We all knew it before in other words (duh).

Angels,

What did God show you when YOU came to Him?

Lana,

I understand your view.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Kiwi you may have hit the nail on the head there. I needed something big because I did have a very rebellious spirit and when I asked Christ into my life I had a hard time believing He wanted me. Anyway in a dream I was taken by an angel to my first grade school yard. I saw myself there lying to a class mate. When I woke I thought God had showed me how far back I had to go to seek forgivness. So once again the angel came to me in a dream and He took me to a beautiful place and said no He wanted you to know this is how far back He already forgave you. I then felt the overwhelming embrace of pure Love. I woke up sobbing and I have never been the same since. So you see because of all the damage I had done to myself and how hard I had made my heart God had to reach a little further to get to me. But He did get to me. That revelation was for me and not something to bring wisdom to the world. God touches each of us in different ways but we are equaly important to him. Read the thread about Ezekiel, it's interesting the lengths he has Ezekiel go to to get the attention of the Israelites. With some of us God reaches his hand out a little farther because we are so rebellious. Be grateful you didn't have to travel that path, it's a hard one.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Angel,

I originally came to the Lord when I was about 10 and was at a church camp in Black Hills, South Dakota. The Lord revealed that I was a sinner and He wanted me to accept His Son as my Savior. Well it wasn't too long after that, that I walked away from Him and eventually became an agnostic. Years passed until 1975 after I had gotten involved with Edgar Casey and "spiritism". A young man with whom I worked was a devout Christian and I was always trying to debate him about the scriptures. But he wouldn't debate, he only gave me a verse (for that day). It took several months, but little by little, the "Gospel" took hold and I BELIEVED!

I went to my cot (aboard ship) and cried and prayed and cried some more because I SAW how I had rejected Christ and followed after man and my own desires. I prayed for forgiveness and received it. When I finally got up, I was a different person. I went and got all my Edgar Casey materials and through them off the fan tail of the ship.

I've had several other "visions" (revelations) since that time, but that is another story.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Great stories, Ernie and Teri...

again, I feel like I'm 'left out' somehow--no "revelations" at all-is that weird?  anyone ELSE care to write anything about this?  

(And, ANGELS: I'll ask once more (to ask you your own post): what did God show you when you came to Him?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Kiwi,

I feel like you in a sense. I have had "revelations" and "visions" and "life changing experiences" however, I know many people that can tell you the day and year that they recieved Christ and the tremendous change that happened right away. Not so with me. Like you, I was saved very early in life and didn't experience anything then. But I walked away during my teenage years. Horribly away. I drank a lot. I slept around a lot. I quit going to church because that's where the "in crowd" went and I wasn't in their crowd. When I went I sat alone. I always felt alone. I also remember crying at night in my bed and asking God "isn't there more to it than this?"  I later married a man that believed that drinking was the answer to everything and I had a miserable life in general. And still alone because he was usually out drinking. Sometimes for days on end. A very tragic thing happened (I will spare you the details) and it rocked my world. Hate developed in me and I was aware of it and I frankly didn't care. However, it ate at me. It was consuming me. I knew I was in real trouble.  Well, one day, all alone, I got on my knees before God and forgave the person that had injured me and caused me pain. I really did. Not just words spoken, but real forgiveness. I felt an instant change. A warm, lovinging feeling came over me. I felt like the world came off my shoulders! I cried healing tears and when I read the Word, I understood it. Really understood it. I knew then that the Lord had forgiven me, since I forgave. It wasn't a revelation to anyone else. It was for me. Something else that was revealed to me that was important. The Lord came to me when I was alone. He let me know that all those times I sat by myself or paced the floor by myself or cried alone in my bed, all those times He was with me. I think a revelation is something that you know, but your don't KNOW. When God writes it on your heart, well, then you KNOW. This may not sound like much to you, but it literally saved my life. Spiritually and physically.

I think that great big testimonies come from great big stumbling stones. Be thankful that you didn't resist as hard as some of us.

• 2 years later...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/05/1955

delete