• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

religious intolorance/ anti Christ.

in the last days it will be as the days of Lot.

its gonna get worse before it gets better. (we win, we win)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

God is intolerant of their lifestyle....that's all I need to know.

MG, I think this is the wrong attitude, and perhaps why members of the LGBT community have the impression that we do nothing but condemn them. God does hate their sin, yes, but loves them. If all we know is that God is intolerant of their lifestyle, and act as if we are intolerant of them, we do wrong. They don't need our intolerance, but the hope that we have within us, the gospel of Christ.

Somewhere along the line, intolerance of sin has become intolerance of LGBT's. Christ died for us while we were sinners. Someone brought the gospel to us while we were sinners.

That's my (biased) two cents.

I have no hatred or intolerance for gay people nor do I have the right to condemn them. I don't approve of their lifestyle choices but God IS actually the one who isn't tolerant of them. I know He loves them the same as me....but there's no denying that homosexuality flies in the face of God's plan for mankind. I leave judgment of them to Him.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

MG, I think this is the wrong attitude, and perhaps why members of the LGBT community have the impression that we do nothing but condemn them. God does hate their sin, yes, but loves them. If all we know is that God is intolerant of their lifestyle, and act as if we are intolerant of them, we do wrong. They don't need our intolerance, but the hope that we have within us, the gospel of Christ.

Somewhere along the line, intolerance of sin has become intolerance of LGBT's. Christ died for us while we were sinners. Someone brought the gospel to us while we were sinners.

I have no hatred or intolerance for gay people nor do I have the right to condemn them. I don't approve of their lifestyle choices but God IS actually the one who isn't tolerant of them. I know He loves them the same as me....but there's no denying that homosexuality flies in the face of God's plan for mankind. I leave judgment of them to Him.

Sis, I don't think you have hatred or intolerance for them. I just disagree about the part where you said "that's all I need to know", because we also need to know how to bring them to Christ. The law and grace go hand in hand, both are very important. Just as it is right that no one should water down the law and hence become tolerant of their sin, neither should we water down (or omit) the grace that saves them.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Sis, I don't think you have hatred or intolerance for them. I just disagree about the part where you said "that's all I need to know", because we also need to know how to bring them to Christ. The law and grace go hand in hand, both are very important. Just as it is right that no one should water down the law and hence become tolerant of their sin, neither should we water down (or omit) the grace that saves them.

Oh, I misunderstood what you meant. Yes, we do need to know how to lead them away from homosexuality and toward God. It's not easy; if you know any gay people personally then you know a great many of them feel there is no hope for them; that they are going to hell. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try though.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Oh, I misunderstood what you meant. Yes, we do need to know how to lead them away from homosexuality and toward God. It's not easy; if you know any gay people personally then you know a great many of them feel there is no hope for them; that they are going to hell. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try though.

:deadthread: Agreed.

I think the enemy likes LBGT's to focus on an unbalanced message, law without grace, because when they feel condemned with no way for redemption, they aren't going to turn to Christ. They understand the law well enough to know that it condemns them. But their cries of "religious intolerance" shows clearly that they do not understand the grace part of the message of Christ.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We should treat them like anyone else who rejects God, a sinner in bondage. All we can do is tell them the truth in love, Christ love. We can not turn anyone away from their sin. We have to plant the seed and allow the Holy Spirit to do the rest.

I grew up knowing all about the homosexual lifestyle and still live in an area of the US where this lifestyle is celebrated. I can not tell you how strongly I abhor their lifestyle. When my daughter, who is a lesbian, visits, I love her the same as I did the first day she was born. This will never change, but when I think about how she feels about God and her lifestyle, I get sick to my stomach.

Yes, unless they change their way, they are condemned, and I am not talking about this life that is as quick as a breath in the cold morning, but eternally. The statement was made that God is the one who is not tolerant of them. I disagree in part because Sodom and Gomorrah were allowed to thrive for a long time before He destroyed these two cities and all who lived in them. Intolerance is their theme song, intolerance toward their sin. Yet, they remain strongly intolerant toward anyone who disagrees with them. As for their sin, I will never step lightly around the truth so not to upset them. I am not going to forced to have to choose if I am going to worry about their feelings over telling them the truth. The truth always wins.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Grace to you,

Today I went to D.C. to McPhereson Square Park which is two blocks from the White House Gates. We normally join a larger Ministry to Minister to the Homeless in the park.

However, I wasn't aware that this March was going on. There were thousands of marchers dressed in Pink.

The larger point I wanted to convey was that the point of the March was to demand civil rights for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transsexuals.

Yet what I saw were hundreds and hundreds of preprinted signs both being carried and in the park where they assembled with the sentiment, and I'm paraphrasing now, "That Religious intolerance needs to be stopped, " something like, "Stop Religious Intolerance and Hatred Now!"

I went on to find the Ministry and the Homeless two blocks up in Franklin Square Park.

I was wondering what the Christian community here at Worthy thought of the message that I saw?

Peace,

Dave

Pressure is on(from minority mind you; most Californians do NOT want this taught to children) for gay day (lgbt) in public schools in CA might be one of the reasons why,Matt,

___

SAVECALIFORNIA.COM NEWS RELEASE

October 8, 2009 -- For Immediate Release

Parents, educators, and pro-family leaders agree:

Governor Schwarzenegger must veto 'Harvey Milk Day'

SB 572 protested Thursday at Los Angeles news conference

Los Angeles -- Concerned parents, education experts, and pro-family leaders today protested "Harvey Milk Day," a proposed annual day honoring homosexuality, bisexuality, and transsexuality in public schools, outside Governor Schwarzenegger's Los Angeles office..........................................

(gets worse can read elsewhere)

___

I read that Gov. A.Schwarzenegger was to decide by Oct 11 and pressure was on ,however I just read at another place said that the Gov S vetoed it on Oct 2.

The hatred is not from Christians as we know, it is the agenda to corrupt the youth and hatred towards Christians that we see this stuff.

Best to you,

elkie

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

They may put signs and they can get married. They have rights , human law gives them these rights. We have discovered that they too get divorced, separated and do sins which many usl do. Many regard them as super humans with almost no faults. They need to draw our attention by putting signs against God's church. It is not our attention they should seek but God's attention.

Blessings

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The larger point I wanted to convey was that the point of the March was to demand civil rights for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transsexuals.

What civil rights do they believe they don't already have?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

What civil rights do they believe they don't already have?

From the interview that was done on CNN, they feel like they are not treated as equal from the people, not so much the civil rights issue anymore. They see the laws changing to their side, allowing them to accepted where they once were not, schools, military, employment, etc. It is how people treat them personally that they are now demanding to be changed. From the interview, they want to feel like they are accepted by the people, trying to somehow, force people to just say it is OK for them to live like they do. to be accepted for who they are and that there is nothing wrong with it.

This is what I took from the interview of four lesbians.