• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

The school is giving kids the flu vaccination shot for free, and the Catholic church here is doing the same for children in the age group of 6 months to preschool. I have been praying about what I should do, but now I'm out of time. Any ideas?

I am not a big fan of getting needles, or running to the drugs store for every sniffal, but my husbands familly and very one in my community is all paniced over the whole thing.

I'm getting confuzed with the information out there, I just want some thoughts from other Christians.

Thanks

Kitty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Kitty.. :wub:

You are going to get yeahs and nays... for good reason too as both are reasonable..

Many will and many will not.. it is a very mild flu for most people but does of course cause deaths as any kind of flu does...

BUT... only You can make that choice..

You need to get with your dh and ask the Father and then do as He tells you in your heart to do...

Praying the Lord will remove the anxieties driven by the media and give you His peace and His direction.. :whistling:

Thanks, just reading what you typed was calming, you came across calm, and that's what I need right now. Everyone here is ringing my phone off the hook, the line a the church is around the corner, and it feels very panic driven, it even affected my pray life, I am really feeling the panic, but I know fear is not of the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with tah - the thing to do is pray to the LORD to know for sure what He wants you to do.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I would ask your family doctor's opinion. None of us is really very suited to give you a good answer, not knowing your medical background.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

First thing to consider is that primarily the young and elderly have died due to complications from this illness. These are the ones who need to be concerned with getting vaccinated.

I feel I should also mention that the H1N1 vaccinations I have seen on television have not been through injections but via a spray into your sinus cavities. It looked pretty simple. However those people I know who have gotten the vaccination did as a result become ill for at least one day. I usually expect this, but since the virus is supposed to be dead your body does tend to create the necessary antibodies while easily fighting it off infection.

Personally I am not concerned with falling ill with this virus since I am relatively healthy. For those who smoke of have other chronic heart or respiratory ailments it might not be such a bad idea to get the vaccination. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

From what I understand, high risk children should get the vaccine. One of my little grandsons has asthma; his doctor says he definitely should have it and my daughter is keeping him out of pre-school until she's sure he's protected (it's in short supply here in Houston). Other than that, your doctor should be your guide and, of course, the Lord. I'm sure you will make the right decision, kitty. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Hi Kitty,

It's sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place battling from the yeahs an the nays. You are correct that fear {anxiety & panic) are not of the Lord. Step back for a moment in what you have observed going on around you as mentioned there seemed to be almost a panic to get the shots, this is fear.

I think you should ask for wisdom from the Lord as the Lord will give liberally to us if we trust him. As for me I wouldn't go with with the panic crowds but that would be my personal prevrence and as it has been said already been said, that the decision lies with you. And I would go on my gut feelings and God does weigh upon us to wear we can know inside our hearts what his will is in the circumstances that faces us in life.

Pray and ask for wisdom totally in faith all the way up till the end. I would like to know how it all turns out. I give you my prayers and blessings

oc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

The school is giving kids the flu vaccination shot for free, and the Catholic church here is doing the same for children in the age group of 6 months to preschool. I have been praying about what I should do, but now I'm out of time. Any ideas?

I am not a big fan of getting needles, or running to the drugs store for every sniffal, but my husbands familly and very one in my community is all paniced over the whole thing.

I'm getting confuzed with the information out there, I just want some thoughts from other Christians.

Thanks

Kitty

My suggestion is, get more info before making a decision. Go to www.vacinfo.org before you get those shots. Please.

a.

Well I have spent the day here on Worthy, reading very thing I can on H1N1, checking all the links, informing myself the best I can, and then I also took OC 's advice and took a step back.

I am not going to have my children receive the Shot.

I find I have more peace with that, if my children do get this mild flu, then I will handle it the best way I know how and that is to give it to the will of God, because I know he has our best interests.

Thank you all so much, I will be able to handle the back lash from my husbands family with the Lord.

God bless