JIME

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I understood him just fine. And Jesus was fully man and fully God. So Joe was asking if "your Jesus" - the man - was evolved from "some beast" or did he "happen by dirt by water by chance." It's not that hard. If you believe in evolution, you must answer "yes" to these questions.

What a theologically awful way to frame a question. Yes, Christ's physical body was the product of evolutionary adaptations but that has nothing at all to do with his spirit or His divine nature which were so obviously a direct product of an intentional supernatural intervention. Just how much of that intervention was spiritual and how much was physical we don't know. You guys seem so anxious to jump on every tiny point of contention that you lose focus of even the most basic general concepts. I, for one, can't see how you're actually going to argue that the evolutionary history of the physical body of Christ in any way affects salvation from any biblical standpoint.

Lurker

Show me where I questioned your salvation. I simply explained what I understood Joe to be saying and then I stated that you must say the Christ evolved from an animal if you believed in evolution. I did not give my opinion in any other way. What is theologically wrong is thinking that evolution and God's plan can co-exist. I could easily say that those who believe in evolution descended from jackasses, which is just as credible, but I know that evolution is false. If you want to believe in evolution, I don't give a flip, just don't try and convince people that it is compatable with God's Word, because you are telling a lie and teaching a false doctrine.

I agree but I think, in some cases, the person who is a proponent of evolution doesn't realize what a lie it really is.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me where I questioned your salvation. I simply explained what I understood Joe to be saying and then I stated that you must say the Christ evolved from an animal if you believed in evolution.

That doesn't even rise to the level of being wrong.

I did not give my opinion in any other way. What is theologically wrong is thinking that evolution and God's plan can co-exist.

I disagree.

I could easily say that those who believe in evolution descended from jackasses,

Nice.

If you want to believe in evolution, I don't give a flip, just don't try and convince people that it is compatable with God's Word, because you are telling a lie and teaching a false doctrine.

I accept your advice with humility before plopping it unceremoniously into the trash.

Lurker

That sounds like a statement one of our visiting atheists would make. :39:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Show me where I questioned your salvation. I simply explained what I understood Joe to be saying and then I stated that you must say the Christ evolved from an animal if you believed in evolution.

That doesn't even rise to the level of being wrong.

So, Christ the man was exempt from evolution? If that is true, than He couldn't have been fully man. Please clear this up for me.

I did not give my opinion in any other way. What is theologically wrong is thinking that evolution and God's plan can co-exist.

I disagree.

That doesn't make my statement false. Please show me scripture that clearly teaches evolution.

I could easily say that those who believe in evolution descended from jackasses,

Nice.

Did that offend you? I'm sorry. You claiming that I evolved from a monkey (or any other lower life form) is offensive to me.

If you want to believe in evolution, I don't give a flip, just don't try and convince people that it is compatable with God's Word, because you are telling a lie and teaching a false doctrine.

I accept your advice with humility before plopping it unceremoniously into the trash.

Lurker

You prove my point exactly. What you teach is a lie and is a false doctrine.

.... Your point remains where I plopped it previously ....

Plop! Plop! Fizz! Fizz!

Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.

Ecclesiastes 10:1

Believer

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Isaiah 64:8

Or No

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Isaiah 29:16

Chasing Fables

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:8

While Looking For Truth

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

In All The Wrong Places, Oh Dear

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice,

Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Revelation 14:6-7

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believers Know From The Center Of Their Hearts

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:11

Jesus Created All Things

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:1-2

And The Faithless

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Isaiah 40:28

Deny Him

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:5-7

Unwisely

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

Psalm 19:1-2

.... Your point remains where I plopped it previously ....

Plop! Plop! Fizz! Fizz!

Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.

Ecclesiastes 10:1

Believer

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Isaiah 64:8

Or No

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Isaiah 29:16

Chasing Fables

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:8

While Looking For Truth

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

In All The Wrong Places, Oh Dear

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice,

Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Revelation 14:6-7

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believers Know From The Center Of Their Hearts

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:11

Jesus Created All Things

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:1-2

And The Faithless

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Isaiah 40:28

Deny Him

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:5-7

Unwisely

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

Psalm 19:1-2

You never fail to post just the right Scripture, Joe. How do you DO that?? :emot-hug:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

So, Christ the man was exempt from evolution? If that is true, than He couldn't have been fully man. Please clear this up for me.

Since Christ was the product of direct divine intervention His physical body can't really be said to have been just like everyone elses. . .sure, God may have spliced in the genes needed to make him "fully man" but he was not the product of normal human reproduction. Therefore Christ's physical body was not actually the product of evolution (though I believe it was, in effect, identical to his contemporaries which were a product of evolution) but rather divine intervention. . .unless we're throwing out the whole virgin birth thing.

That doesn't make my statement false. Please show me scripture that clearly teaches evolution.

Scripture doesn't clearly teach evolution. . .nor does it teach that light is made up of particles called photons or that the earth's crust is made up of various tectonic plates. . .but these are all still excellent descriptions of how God's creation operates.

Did that offend you? I'm sorry. You claiming that I evolved from a monkey (or any other lower life form) is offensive to me.

Meh, it happens.

You prove my point exactly. What you teach is a lie and is a false doctrine.

Your point remains where I plopped it previously.

Lurker

I shake the dust from my feet.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

There are but 4 logical possibilities for existence of our universe:

1. The universe emerged spontaneously out of nothing! But one of the basic laws of physica is that from nothing comes nothing. :noidea:

2. The universe doesn't really exist at all. It's a illusion in our minds, and we only think it's there! But predictability indicates the universe is not illusory because we can predict with pinpoint accuracy the movement of heavenly bodies, ie, Hailey's Comet in 1985 at a certain moment in time. :thumbsup:

3. The universe must have always been there! Hoyle's Theory thinks it was always there, but we have definite reservations re Hoyle's Theory, ie, the 2nd. Law of Thermodynamica says the universe is losing energy at a maximum rate so great it can no longer be replenished, therfore according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity the end of the universe is maximum entropy, or absolute zero.....and if so, the universe wasn't eternal......because if it were eternal, it would be refiring itself at the same energy-peak that it had when it was created, or when it was at its beginning, and it's not doing that. :noidea:

4. Something or Someone outside this dimension of reality exercised a force infinitely greater that the universe at its maximum moment, and brought it into existence! And, of course, if we reject No. 4, it's incumbent upon us to produce a logical alternative......we either have eternal hydrogen atoms - or we have a personal Creator-God. :wub:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

There are but 4 logical possibilities for existence of our universe:

1. The universe emerged spontaneously out of nothing! But one of the basic laws of physica is that from nothing comes nothing. :taped:

2. The universe doesn't really exist at all. It's a illusion in our minds, and we only think it's there! But predictability indicates the universe is not illusory because we can predict with pinpoint accuracy the movement of heavenly bodies, ie, Hailey's Comet in 1985 at a certain moment in time. :thumbsup:

3. The universe must have always been there! Hoyle's Theory thinks it was always there, but we have definite reservations re Hoyle's Theory, ie, the 2nd. Law of Thermodynamica says the universe is losing energy at a maximum rate so great it can no longer be replenished, therfore according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity the end of the universe is maximum entropy, or absolute zero.....and if so, the universe wasn't eternal......because if it were eternal, it would be refiring itself at the same energy-peak that it had when it was created, or when it was at its beginning, and it's not doing that. :wub:

4. Something or Someone outside this dimension of reality exercised a force infinitely greater that the universe at its maximum moment, and brought it into existence! And, of course, if we reject No. 4, it's incumbent upon us to produce a logical alternative......we either have eternal hydrogen atoms - or we have a personal Creator-God. :noidea:

I like this reasoning. :noidea: But I am sure someone is going to come up with a fifth alternative or a mix of one to three :wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, Christ's physical body was the product of evolutionary adaptations but that has nothing at all to do with his spirit or His divine nature which were so obviously a direct product of an intentional supernatural intervention.

Lurker

Please point me to the Biblical reference that supports this position. I can't seem to locate it.

Yes, Christ's physical body was the product of evolutionary adaptations but that has nothing at all to do with his spirit or His divine nature which were so obviously a direct product of an intentional supernatural intervention.

Lurker

Please point me to the Biblical reference that supports this position. I can't seem to locate it.

Coincidentally....I couldn't seem to locate it either. :rolleyes: