IGNORED

Why don't Christians study the Word

Rick-Parker

I'm amazed and wondering why Christians, even mature ones, won't study the Bible to answer their questions, even when they are led by their fellow Christians to where the information they seek is. It seems like they don't want to do anything for themselves, but want to be spoon fed. Any comments (without attacks)?

ya know what is even worse, imo?

When they substitute the study of theology instead of the simplicity of the Word

This only seems to make them prideful in thinking they've got God all figured out. This was the leaven of the Pharisees.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I'm amazed and wondering why Christians, even mature ones, won't study the Bible to answer their questions, even when they are led by their fellow Christians to where the information they seek is. It seems like they don't want to do anything for themselves, but want to be spoon fed. Any comments (without attacks)?

ya know what is even worse, imo?

When they substitute the study of theology instead of the simplicity of the Word

This only seems to make them prideful in thinking they've got God all figured out. This was the leaven of the Pharisees.

Yep. :)

.... ya know what is even worse, imo?

This only seems to make them prideful in thinking they've got God all figured out. This was the leaven of the Pharisees ....

Amen!

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I think it depends on the question.

If one is wondering whether to go to graduate school or which career to pursue at a given time, it can be tricky to figure out from the Word.

There are also some good questions that pop up in Doctrinal Questions here at WB.

But yes, studying the Word, especially in a small community, is great.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Lord, you told us in Your word to study to show ourselves approved. I ask You Lord to help us all study, and Lord, start with me. In Jesus name, amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

possibly