• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's not a sin to constantly raise up requests. The Bible says pray without ceasing so why should you listen to man?

Regarding your friends though... I'm not sure. I recall Jesus saying to his disciples that if their message is not well received to dust off their feet as they leave the town. Could that be applied to this??

I have no clue.

This was why I was asking the question, I was not listening to man per say because I'm very clear as to what the Bible states, the question was should I keep praying for the individual.

But thanks to everyone's input I have the answer now.

Here's a living example! :thumbsup: The day I stood up in church (first time i had been to church except for weddings and funerals) and gave my life to the Lord, I saw my brother was crying. When I asked him why (thinking Ok he's happy I am saved, which he was), he said to me "I have prayed for this moment for 15 years!" Taught me never to give up on anyone, most of all myself :thumbsup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1978

Here's a living example! :thumbsup: The day I stood up in church (first time i had been to church except for weddings and funerals) and gave my life to the Lord, I saw my brother was crying. When I asked him why (thinking Ok he's happy I am saved, which he was), he said to me "I have prayed for this moment for 15 years!" Taught me never to give up on anyone, most of all myself :thumbsup:

Praise God, this is perfect example of praying without ceasing. Thanks so mcuh for posting this. :emot-highfive:

Pray without ceasing and do not stop. Let God deal with it. :emot-highfive:

Thank so much for the advice. :emot-highfive: I will keep praying without ceasing for this person.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Never stop praying. Never. As was pointed out earlier we are not to just pray mindless prayers over and over. (Thank you God for this food, Amen. Then the same prayer the next meal, and the next and the next and...) But praying for a lost soul should never stop. My husband was a great guy, but very far from a Christian. He thought he was a Christian because he lived in the USA, but he had no idea Who Christ is. He had an aunt who took him to Sunday school, and prayed for him. Years passed and he eventually met me. As unequally yoked as we were, we married. We were both our late 30's. I prayed and prayed. Guess what? After we had been married for 5 years my prayer was answered. God was always there, but my husband finally was in the right place to accept Him. That was about 16 years ago and since then he has totally surrendered to Christ and I have been amazed at how he has been transformed.

No, don't stop praying.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Hello everyone, :noidea:

I was wondering how long do we pray for people who are caught up in sin and don't want to leave it? Or those who are leading sinful lives and never want to come to Christ? I ask because I have been praying for someone for years about coming to Christ and getting saved but nothing has happened yet? I've heard that it is a sin to pray for the same things over and over again from a Minister at my Church, but the Bible says to pray without ceasing. I'm so confused here can someone help me? :blink:

Hi sister, I believe you might be referring to this verse: Matt 6:1-7 (NASB)

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

2 "So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

3 "But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

4 so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

5 "When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

6 "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

7 "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.

I believe the verse you are referring to is in green, the actual meaning of this verse, using context is outlined in red, and what we should do is out lined in Blue.

God Bless

Bob

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

Hi Veggietales (I'm wearing a Veggietales Tshirt at the moment, yay!)

Always take what the bible says above man. If your minister plainly contradicts the scripture then he is in the wrong.

It is pleasing to God when we come to Him in humble prayer, and I do think that praying for salvation for people is a good prayer and pleasing to Him.

I too have been praying for several people for years that they would come before God in repentance and be saved... They still are dead in their sins though. I still pray for my parents every night though! Even though the situation may seem hopeless to us, we really can't know God's plan. Besides God does use our weaknesses to show His greatness and awesome power!

So it is possible that it is pleasing to God for someone that is so set against Him will be saved, just to show everybody that it was only through a work of His grace and not through human means for the person to be saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Hello everyone, :noidea:

I was wondering how long do we pray for people who are caught up in sin and don't want to leave it? Or those who are leading sinful lives and never want to come to Christ? I ask because I have been praying for someone for years about coming to Christ and getting saved but nothing has happened yet? I've heard that it is a sin to pray for the same things over and over again from a Minister at my Church, but the Bible says to pray without ceasing. I'm so confused here can someone help me? :blink:

It really isn't that much effort to add a name to the list.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Hello everyone, :emot-highfive:

I was wondering how long do we pray for people who are caught up in sin and don't want to leave it? Or those who are leading sinful lives and never want to come to Christ? I ask because I have been praying for someone for years about coming to Christ and getting saved but nothing has happened yet? I've heard that it is a sin to pray for the same things over and over again from a Minister at my Church, but the Bible says to pray without ceasing. I'm so confused here can someone help me? :emot-hug:

We should never give up on our prayer for the lost or others as well with different problems. I think prayer for the lost is the most important prayer one can pray never tire even though you have seen no sign of the coming to Christ and as their is breath in their bodies there is always hope.

It is "NOT" a sin to pray repitious prayers but the Word of God teaches us just the opposite...

(Matthew 7:7--Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you:) Sometimes we have to ask many times even to the point where we weary God so bad and he sees our faith and he will move on our behalf, because God is moved by our faith.

Sometimes we may have to seek God in his Word to find that which we seek and if we seek then we shall find but we can't give up but instead we have to continue seeking the Lord in faith believing we will get answers. But yet again we can't give up because God responds to faith.

Then it says, knock and it shall be opened unto you: It is the same with knocking we have to keep on knocking until the door is opened up unto us. Giving up before the door is opened to us is a lack of faith on our part as we gave up on our faith. God responds to our faith and we have to keep knocking over and over and over until the door opens to us.

Jesus constantly got onto his disciples for having a lack of faith and we have to take note of keeping our faith strong. So keep on knocking even if our knucles get so sore we can't hardly touch them a figure of speech but God does responds to faith.

Luke 18:1-8--And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint: vs 2) Saying, there was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: vs 3) And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. vs 4) And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself , Though I fear not God, nor regard man, vs 5) Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. vs 6) And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust saith. vs 7) And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? vs 8) I tell you that he will avenge them speedily, Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth.

You can see that the widow kept coming back and back to the unjust judge to the point he got up and gave her what she wanted just to stop her from coming to him as she wearied him.

The widow gives us a example to keep on going back and forth so many times the door opened unto her. Jesus used this parable as an example of an unjust judge as a contrast with God who is just. God can be trusted to be a just God-to make right decisions for us. We must not give up on prayer day or night as we should let our request or desires made known to God. We have to pray and let God know and hear our true feeling etc., But when the Son of man cometh he is looking for faith and the Lord seems to wonder if faith would be on earth when he comes.

hope this helps

blessings

oc

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I was wondering how long do we pray for people who are caught up in sin and don't want to leave it? Or those who are leading sinful lives and never want to come to Christ? I ask because I have been praying for someone for years about coming to Christ and getting saved but nothing has happened yet? I've heard that it is a sin to pray for the same things over and over again from a Minister at my Church, but the Bible says to pray without ceasing. I'm so confused here can someone help me? :emot-hug:

I know what you mean. The bible tells us that when we are not welcome ,to brush off our sandals and move on.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I know what you mean. The bible tells us that when we are not welcome ,to brush off our sandals and move on.

But that passage has a different meaning... To my knowledge it isn't about praying for salvation for people.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

But that passage has a different meaning... To my knowledge it isn't about praying for salvation for people.

I thought it was, but let me research it again ,and get back with you.