• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Have I changed my mind? Probably on a few issues. Have I lost my mind? Often :emot-highfive: (or thought I was about to anyway!)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1973

While I havent been on here that long I believe that the discussions are good with just one Fundamental problem. Perhaps as a whole people have not changed their stand on issues because everyone seems to have a different "rulebook." If I was watching a basketball game and a ref calls a foul according to his book and then another ref comes up and says not according to mine it wasnt. Then another , then another and so forth and so on. Soon nobody will get anywhere and the "game" will stop. Nobody will be convinced because their rulebook can be , and has been made to say something different. :thumbsup::emot-highfive::thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

While I havent been on here that long I believe that the discussions are good with just one Fundamental problem. Perhaps as a whole people have not changed their stand on issues because everyone seems to have a different "rulebook." If I was watching a basketball game and a ref calls a foul according to his book and then another ref comes up and says not according to mine it wasnt. Then another , then another and so forth and so on. Soon nobody will get anywhere and the "game" will stop. Nobody will be convinced because their rulebook can be , and has been made to say something different. :laugh::emot-highfive::thumbsup:

We all work from the same "rulebook", it's just that sometimes opinions of the interpretation of the rules differ :laugh: But Iron sharpens Iron, and many of these discussions have left me thinking more about a subject than I previously might have. :24: (and I have won some and lost some :thumbsup: )

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

While I havent been on here that long I believe that the discussions are good with just one Fundamental problem. Perhaps as a whole people have not changed their stand on issues because everyone seems to have a different "rulebook." If I was watching a basketball game and a ref calls a foul according to his book and then another ref comes up and says not according to mine it wasnt. Then another , then another and so forth and so on. Soon nobody will get anywhere and the "game" will stop. Nobody will be convinced because their rulebook can be , and has been made to say something different. :thumbsup::emot-highfive::thumbsup:

1 Corinthians 13:12

For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

I agree with what you and Nebula say, except that I think you're taking it a bit too far to say that when arguing and bickering takes places it shows that the the heart of the person doing it, is not right with God. That's harshly judgmental and puts you in the same category.

How do you call speaking the truth,being judgemental??? :emot-highfive: Why is it that nopwadays when someone takes a stand for something, they are now judgemental??? :thumbsup: Jesus told people the truth when needed, and the truth is, people who resort to persoanl attacks aqnd nastiness, are not practicing the fruit of the Spirit. Some of the people I have met in these boards, the way that they copnduct themselves, shows they need some growing up to do. There hearts aren't right with God. Jesus said to do unto others as you would have done unto you. They do the exact opposite. Some porofessed christians I have met online, are mean, abusive and malicious, yet they claim to have God's love in them? :thumbsup:

I've become enfuriated at times and been wrong in the way I've replied to some posts. But I knew myself that it was wrong, and corrected myself afterward.

At least you repented of your wrong doings. many people I've come across would "NEVER" repent of their wicked ways after belittling somoene, and satying things to tear someone else down. Perhaps if people learned some self control, and grew up, there wouldn't be all this mess that goes in online forums.

Other times I've just given back what was given to me in orde to show that I can't be bullied into accepting a position I don't belileve.

There's a big "difference" in standing up for yourself, then those who bully others around. Speaking your mind, refusing to be bullied, not letting people step on you is the right way to go. Those who are bullies, need to be stood up to.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

This isn't really what this thread is about, and I hope axxman forgives us for going off-topic a little, but I'm going to quote all the lines I agree with you about, and then afterwards the line I don't agree about, and why:

The truth is, people who resort to persoanl attacks aqnd nastiness, are not practicing the fruit of the Spirit. Some of the people I have met in these boards, the way that they copnduct themselves, shows they need some growing up to do.

Jesus said to do unto others as you would have done unto you. They do the exact opposite. Some (deleted the word "professed") christians I have met online, are mean, abusive and malicious, yet they claim to have God's love in them? :emot-highfive:

At least you repented of your wrong doings. many people I've come across would "NEVER" repent of their wicked ways after belittling somoene, and satying things to tear someone else down. Perhaps if people learned some self control, and grew up, there wouldn't be all this mess that goes in online forums.

There's a big "difference" in standing up for yourself, then those who bully others around. Speaking your mind, refusing to be bullied, not letting people step on you is the right way to go. Those who are bullies, need to be stood up to.

The following line is not ours to judge. Only Jesus knows the heart. We should stop by saying "...need some growing up to do".

There hearts aren't right with God.

Christians are just human, and some of us feel passionately about certain subjects - and often for good reason. But if anyone (including me) becomes malicious, insulting etc, it shows we have some growing up to do and need some chastizing - and the mods are there to chastize us. That doesn't mean that I think no-one else except the mods should chastize me, for example - it's just that when chastizing becomes a free-for-all to do, then the boards become a free-for-all.

But your main point is right and valid, I think.

Lekh

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

C'mon everyone - let's not argue about the finer points of arguing. :emot-highfive:

Play nice. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Haha! I've know LadyC for ten years maybe. She hasn't changed her mind about anything because she is hard headed ;):emot-hug: No, I think she has grown tremendously in the Lord during this time.

Personally, I have learned a lot about what others believe and how they defend their beliefs. This has led me to a greater respect for different beliefs. It hasn't changed my mind about anything important.

Some teachings about "the Rabbi Jesus" on this forum has forever changed my life and lot of little nuggets I pick up here and there. I think debates are a good way to learn.

boy, do i feel like i gave a wrong answer or what!

we've all (hopefully) learned things from each other, and have grown spiritually, but the question was has anyone changed their mind about a political, social or spiritual issue as a result of the debates here on worthy?

on the subject of the rapture? no

on the subject of gun control? no

on the subject of spanking? no

on the subject of osas? no

on the subject of divorce/remarriage? no

on the subject of obama? no

on the subject of bush? no

on the subject of birth control? no

on the subject of abortion? no

so i'm dying of curiousity now since others have given a general "yes" answer to whether they've changed their minds about something.... please, tell me what issue you've changed your mind about! axxman said he changed his mind about gun control, anyone else?

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I think that for those without an agenda, we can learn something from each other. Nobody, save God, has all the answers. And I'm pretty sure that when some of us get to heaven we'll let out a loud D'OH! when God sets us straight on some of the things we believed in this life.

Edited by wyguy

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think that for those without an agenda, we can learn something from each other. Nobody, save God, has all the answers. And I'm pretty sure that when some of us get to heaven we'll let out a loud D'OH! when God sets us straight on some of the things we believed in this life.

No doubt; the Lord has tremendous patience with us....warts and all. :emot-hug: