• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

There are many instances in Scripture where God gave dreams. In Genesis we read about Joseph having prophetic dreams and then we later read where he interpreted Pharaoh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hullo,

Just some thoughts.

This speaks to me of the judgements in Isaiah 5:20 and surrounding, which relate to the renewal of Zion and coming judgements. vs20 "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put light for dark and dark for light, bitter for seet and sweet for bitter...woe to those who are wise in their own eyes"

This portion of scripture relates to modern day humanism and the rejection of Gods absolutes. It also refers to neutrality, which is a cuse. Jesus says, if you are not with me and for me you are against me.

Today there is immense pressure to overturn Gods ways.

It also speaks of pride and arrogance of the world being wise in its own eyes.

James says, God gives grace to the humble and resists the proud (or wise in own eyes)

I wish I also had dreams, at least that I could remeber!

Cheers, Shalom

Joel

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If you believe that God reveals Himself through dreams, you are, by default, denying the sufficiency of scripture.

Really?

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

Your comment doesn't even agree with scripture . . .

:)

I know it's difficult, but attempt to think it through.

Why would anyone want to "think" away scripture? When God tells us it will be so, it will be so. Yet, people have always try to "rationalize" their unbelief, but to try and think it through in order to disagree with scripture is not right.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Rufus, in the passage of Scripture you quoted, you should also have highlighted the parts where the dreamers of dreams were using those dreams as a reason to entice people to go and worship others gods. That's what that warning is about - that there will be those who will try to draw people away from the LORD by means of their dreams.

We know that neb isn't trying to depart from the LORD or lead anyone astray. And, as others have pointed out, Scripture explicitly states that the LORD does give His people dreams.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Ever hear a song by Derek Webb titled, "I see things upside down?"

It's a play on the scientific fact that your eye picks up images upside down and that your brain turns them right side up for your perspective. What looms even larger is the fact that it can look like Jesus is killing us while He is indeed saving our Lives. It can look like Jesus is losing while in fact He's won. :)

Oh Amen , Amen

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sister Nebula,

Was there anything else between "Hot shall be cold, and cold shall be hot, Fast shall be slow, and slow shall be fast," and The last shall be first, and the first shall be last?"

Is that all that was said, or remembered?

Was there a pause between the two as you listed them, as if there was a break, or change in thought?

That is all I remembered. There was no pause. And I remember feeling slightly startled when I declared, "The last shall be first, and the first shall be last" - like I was thinking to myself, "Oh, that's how it fits!"

I wish I could remember what led up to this point, for I know this was a follow-up to something else that happened, but it is all too fleeting.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

I think it means that the hour of the antichrist has come and great deception is the norm...and somehow witchcraft to in some way.....hard to explain what I mean...only a opinion not concrete from the Lord...... :)

Deuteronomy 13:1-10 (emphasis added)

If you believe that God reveals Himself through dreams, you are, by default, denying the sufficiency of scripture.

Hey Rufus -

First of all, as I stated in the OP, I am not a prophet, so I am not giving any prophetic claims to this. I do appreciate what the Body has to say about this though, and see if the Lord is revealing anything similar to anyone.

As for the Scripture you quoted, I agree with a post above that your highlights were taken out of context, because the focus was more on those leading the people astray to worship other gods than it was the dreams.

But if the Lord does not speak through dreams, who spoke to Nebuchadnezzar and Daniel and Joseph of Nazareth and the Wise Men? Even Paul was given a "vision of the night" to go to Macedonia.

So I am not understanding your claim that I am denying "the sufficiency of Scripture."

Do you not listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit?

I wish I also had dreams, at least that I could remeber!

Well, it's kind-of annoying to have a dream without having the gift of interpretation. :thumbsup:(laughing at myself)

But don't feel bad. Any gift the Lord gives is not for yourself but for others. And some dreams are not worth remembering (I've seen things in dreams I really, really would rather be erased from my memory).

Be faithful with what the Lord has given you, and it is possible He may add more to you - a promotion of sorts.

Thanks for your insights, that was very interesting. :thumbsup:

Blessings!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/first_last_last_first.htm

This site offers some thoughtful insight into this scripture...

28Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother[f] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Had you been reading these verses and perhaps they were stuck in your mind?

There are a number of websites devoted to understanding dreams from a Christian perspective.