IGNORED

Do you have the right to call yourselves christians?

GregorTheGaliant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

Luk 14:27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has [enough] to finish [it]--

Luk 14:29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see [it] begin to mock him,

Luk 14:30 saying, 'This man began to build and was not able to finish.'

Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?

Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace.

Luk 14:33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.

I met a woman online who called herself a christian. I asked her what she wanted to be, and she replied lawyer or such politican. When i began to speak with her about some political issues, she called me a wacko bible person, a bible thumper, and some other choice things that i wont mention. So it made me wonder... What does the word Christian mean anymore? A Christian is a disciple of Jesus Christ, right? How can people still call themselves Christians when they believe that Abortion is something to be tolerated? How can you be tolerant when the only mention of tolerance in the bible is when it says DO NOT BE? So the question i am asking is, according to God's definition, not the worlds, are you a "Christian"? Really search about this. Read bible.

A Mighty Man Of Valor,

Gregor

Gregor, one can be a christian, doesn't mean they are a disciple. Being a christian means they have accepted Jesus as their Lord, they are His followers now, they strive to be Christlike. Being a disciple takes it a lot further. There's a great cost to being a disciple. It takes real commitment and dedication to Christ.

About the woman you conversed with, I can see she isn't truly following Christ. For someone to call themself a christian, doesn't make them a christian. You can call yourself an elephant, but does that mean you are? :emot-handshake:Ephesians4:24 says to put on the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness hile Colissians3:10 says to put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him. In other words, when we become christians, our thinking is to change. Althogh we are not flawless, we are to be living in righteounsess.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

sounds like some flesh been poked to me. I think that what Gregor has said had no malice intended and i dont see why its hard to add an amen!

Or are you siding with the "professing christian" that hurled abuse at him because he quoted the bible?

By the way "he who flatters his neighbour is spreading a net for his feet" Prov 29:5

:emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

sounds like some flesh been poked to me. I think that what Gregor has said had no malice intended and i dont see why its hard to add an amen!

Or are you siding with the "professing christian" that hurled abuse at him because he quoted the bible?

By the way "he who flatters his neighbour is spreading a net for his feet" Prov 29:5

:rolleyes:

:heart::cake:

:b:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

:P

Thats ok sometimes i dont get my own posts. :b:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Do I have a right to call myself a Christian?

YES!

Because, Jesus sacrificed Himself for my sins, and I accepted.

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :emot-hug:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Do I have a right to call myself a Christian?

YES!

Because, Jesus sacrificed Himself for my sins, and I accepted.

:consoling2::):(

Correctamendo :laugh:

:whistling:

:laugh::cool:

:P

Thats ok sometimes i dont get my own posts. :blink:

:wub:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

People have the right to call themselves what they want its how they actto really show what they are.