• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

Hey Permie~

I just read that verse you gave in a whole new way! Wow!

Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:59

Ahh, the pearls hidden in plain sight within scripture. Very cool! He "hid" Himself, and yet He went through the midst of them? Must've left them with their mouths hanging open!

Gentlewind

LOL, yes! There are many pearls. Since you liked that one, how about:

Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you that I saw you under the fig tree, do you believe? You will see greater things than these."

John 1:50

Jesus was there, present with Nathanael under that fig tree, but Nathanael couldn't "see" him! At this time Jesus was as we are, in a human body, but . . . He was there, under that fig tree, unseen. How could this be? :laugh:

Permie, good friend, you've done your homework! (unscriptural . . . grumble, grumble) The Spirit goes where it will. :laugh:

Scripture tells us that all Jesus said was that "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member

Ummm . . . The bible tells us: 49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

What kind of iniquity is "fulness of bread?" :laugh: (not to get off-topic, just wondering)

I would think that "fulness of bread" would indicate abundance of food, which could have indicated gluttony. Additionally, since further into the verse it mentions that Sodom did not strengthen the hand of the poor and needy, that would indicate that Sodom did not share their abundant food. That's what it makes me think of.

Edited by Permie

By the way, you may find this an interesting thread. It pertains to your original subject. Jesus Speaking, Has Jesus ever spoke to you?

Thank you. I shall take the opportunity to read it before long.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I was given a dream, whether in the body or out of the body, I don't know. I stood before Christ at the door of a classroom. He was the Teacher and being in His presence was the answer to every prayer. The feeling was indescribable--bliss. He spoke to me without words. I spoke to Him without words. He told me I could not stay. I knew this was true, but I hesitated to leave Him. Without words, my plea before Him was, "Will you be with me?" He turned, then, and with chalk wrote one word on the chalkboard behind Him, underlining it with a flourish: ALWAYS.

I hold the gift of this dream close to my heart and trust His word. He is with me. Always.

As He is also with all of His children. :laugh:

Amen, give God the glory :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hey Permie~

Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:59

Ahh, the pearls hidden in plain sight within scripture. Very cool! He "hid" Himself, and yet He went through the midst of them? Must've left them with their mouths hanging open!

Gentlewind

Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you that I saw you under the fig tree, do you believe? You will see greater things than these."

Jesus was there, present with Nathanael under that fig tree, but Nathanael couldn't "see" him! At this time Jesus was as we are, in a human body, but . . . He was there, under that fig tree, unseen. How could this be? :rolleyes:

Permie, good friend, you've done your homework! (unscriptural . . . grumble, grumble) The Spirit goes where it will. :laugh:

Scripture tells us that all Jesus said was that "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I was given a dream, whether in the body or out of the body, I don't know. I stood before Christ at the door of a classroom. He was the Teacher and being in His presence was the answer to every prayer. The feeling was indescribable--bliss. He spoke to me without words. I spoke to Him without words. He told me I could not stay. I knew this was true, but I hesitated to leave Him. Without words, my plea before Him was, "Will you be with me?" He turned, then, and with chalk wrote one word on the chalkboard behind Him, underlining it with a flourish: ALWAYS.

I hold the gift of this dream close to my heart and trust His word. He is with me. Always.

As He is also with all of His children. :rolleyes:

Isn't it most awesome? The King of kings and the Lord of lords will call us friends. I am awed and humbled by this.

I just recalled a verse about this being called friends by Jesus and how it relates our going from glory to glory. That verse is: John 15:15

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

And then, that leads me to think of the verse:

Luke 8:17

For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Could that cause one to pause and wonder: is there more that Jesus revealed and continues to reveal to His friends that is not written? That the servants to this day know nothing of, yet?

Can you expound on this a little more? I am trying to follow what you are saying am this threw me a curve.

Hello, OneLight,

We know that Jesus taught and did more than what is written due to this verse: And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. John 21:25

Did I answer your question?

Yes, it does. I agree that not all the Jesus did has been written. That is one reason why He sent the Helper, the Holy Spirit.

Hey Permie~

Gentlewind

Jesus was there, present with Nathanael under that fig tree, but Nathanael couldn't "see" him! At this time Jesus was as we are, in a human body, but . . . He was there, under that fig tree, unseen. How could this be? :rolleyes:

By the way, you may find this an interesting thread. It pertains to your original subject. Jesus Speaking, Has Jesus ever spoke to you?

I read your thread and greatly appreciate your referring it to me. Life changing experiences, indeed.

Yes, I too have audibly heard Jesus as well as having seen Him in a vision, and then in dreams and then once in the flesh too. Also have spoken with the Father a few times.

Christ Jesus spoke to me and taught me for nearly 3 years straight non-stop. Taught me many things, actually. Nothing new mind you, it's all in the Bible anyway. But then, you know, everyone has different understandings of it. Some things that were taught to me are very hard to see in the Bible, and I generally do not bring those subjects up unless another does or is looking for answers.

This is not to say that I know everything because I don't think I do. But, we all know where all the answers come! :rolleyes:

Praise God, let us never stop praising God for thereby we enter into His gates!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1985

Lol my oh my how I love this ole so much. :rolleyes:

As He is also with all of His children. :rolleyes:

Isn't it most awesome? The King of kings and the Lord of lords will call us friends. I am awed and humbled by this.

I just recalled a verse about this being called friends by Jesus and how it relates our going from glory to glory. That verse is: John 15:15

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

And then, that leads me to think of the verse:

Luke 8:17

For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Could that cause one to pause and wonder: is there more that Jesus revealed and continues to reveal to His friends that is not written? That the servants to this day know nothing of, yet?

Can you expound on this a little more? I am trying to follow what you are saying am this threw me a curve.

Hello, OneLight,

We know that Jesus taught and did more than what is written due to this verse: And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. John 21:25

Did I answer your question?

Yes, it does. I agree that not all the Jesus did has been written. That is one reason why He sent the Helper, the Holy Spirit.

What you have written has made me think of these verses:

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. John 3:7-8

Isn't it glorious?! Praise God! Thank you, Jesus!