• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

An alternative I can agree with!

http://www.flixxy.com/zero-pollution-automobile.htm

Zero impact on the environment, very low cost, the potential to be self sustaining, safe to drive, would create jobs.....hmmmm....I can't find one reason why it's not viable. Or why we can't return OPEC to the goat herding nomadic lifestyle of their grandfathers and thus making this automobile a force for major geopolitical change. :cool:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

An alternative I can agree with!

http://www.flixxy.com/zero-pollution-automobile.htm

Zero impact on the environment, very low cost, the potential to be self sustaining, safe to drive, would create jobs.....hmmmm....I can't find one reason why it's not viable. Or why we can't return OPEC to the goat herding nomadic lifestyle of their grandfathers and thus making this automobile a force for major geopolitical change. :cool:

:cool:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I love it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I'm still waiting for those flying cars they promised us for the 21st century!

:noidea:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

:thumbsup:

But, wyguy....that was the Jetsons! :thumbsup:

The video is utter nonsense.

This car, or one like it, has been around a long time now. First in India, then in Europe, and a U.S. version was in the works. Does it work? Yes. Is it cheap to operate? Yes again.

The video however, tries to make you think it is pollution free, making breathable air as it's exhaust, having zero impact, and free "fuel" cost. Three of those assertions are wrong, and the forth is an exaggeration.

It runs on compressed air. That is great. This is analogous to old time steam powered cars. They produced "zero pollution" steam as an exhaust byproduct. Except for one thing. In takes energy to heat the water to make the steam, and that meant you had to burn something, which was not zero emissions. The air car is the same, energy is used somewhere, to compress the air, most likely at a fossil fuel electric plant. While in theory there are ways to get energy that does not pollute, solar, wind, geothermal, hydro- electric etc, there is not enough of that kind of resources to compress enough air to run all of our cars. So, instead, we get to drive an aircar, and pollute in someone else's backyard, where the energy is generated. Therefore, it is not zero impact. The final assertion, that you can breathe the exhaust, well, you can if you want, but an engine is lubricated, and some of that lubricant will likely be in the "exhaust". This is true for combustion engines also, but the lubricants are mostly burned up in the heat of the combustion engine. There are ways around this, but I seriously doubt they are employed in the aircar, because they add expense and reduce efficiency.

As to the range and speed of the air car, very impressive actually. However, the way they get that, is to make the car very light, it is mostly plastic and glue, very little metal, to keep the weight down. Nothing really wrong with that, just don't expect to come out the winner in a collision with a Ssmar Car.

My criticism is not of the car, I think it is a great piece of forward thinking technology. My Criticism is of the video, for it's exaggerations and falsehoods.

So, it is not pollution free, it just does not pollute locally. Since energy is still used to compress the air, that means that you will not get to drive for free, you will still pay for that energy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

another misleading claim is that a generator onboard could compress air while driving and so produce more energy to be used, but thats nonsense as far as i understand it, as the energy used to drive the generator comes from the compressed air which means it will not last as long.

The talk of perpetual motion is the same as getting nothing from nothing, its not possible in this world unless God changes the laws of Physics.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

:noidea:

But, wyguy....that was the Jetsons! :emot-hug:

Are you implying George Jetson, his boy Elroy, daughter Judy, and Jane his wife LIED? :24:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Here ya go Bro .... http://www.flixxy.com/x-hawk-flying-car.htm ... coming to a dealer new you!