• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

Some people look upon the word abundant and are like "Hey, that means lots and lots of everything good!"

I dont think this is true at all.

When God told us our lives would be abundant i think he meant the actual definition of the word, forgive me i dont have a jesus dictionary so ill just use dictionary . com's definition.

present in great quantity; more than adequate

So we have more than we asked for. Truth, God gives us way more than we need. But does it say more happy go lucky life? No. Our lifes will contain much, but they will be full of good AND bad.

I forget where in the bible it says the abundant part, anyone wanna help me out?

Just a thought to ponder if you begin to wonder why everything is going wrong at a particular time in your life, why you have so many trials, etc. etc.

Mighty Man of Valor

Gregor :laugh::cool::thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Romans 5:17

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

Abundant life to me, means Grace and Salvation from Christ. It doesn't mean that I will constantly have rainbows - it means I'll be able to get through the rain - with Him.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The verse is John 10:10

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

If you study His words about life, you will see that He is speaking more of the fruit of the Spirit then about possessions. You will also read where we are to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. then everything we need will be added onto us. You will also see that we are told to store our treasures in heaven where a thief will not break in and steal. Possessions meant very little to Jesus. He didn't even have a place to lay His head.

The verse is John 10:10

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

If you study His words about life, you will see that He is speaking more of the fruit of the Spirit then about possessions. You will also read where we are to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. then everything we need will be added onto us. You will also see that we are told to store our treasures in heaven where a thief will not break in and steal. Possessions meant very little to Jesus. He didn't even have a place to lay His head.

Exactly! :whistling:

There are those who say the abundant life means houses, cars, and other stuff, but that's not the point. The point is having the grace the Lord provides to get you through life -- both the good and the bad! Sometimes I think I need more grace when things are going well because that's when we're prone to want to pull away from the Lord and do our own thing.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Romans 5:17

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

Abundant life to me, means Grace and Salvation from Christ. It doesn't mean that I will constantly have rainbows - it means I'll be able to get through the rain - with Him.

:whistling:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Well, I did a word search and cannot find a verse where the Lord promises abundant life.

In the KJV the word appears in 13 verses..there is abundant: mercy, grace, rejoicing, labours, thanksgiving, affection, honor, comeliness, treasures, goodness and truth....but no abundant life. :whistling:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Well, I did a word search and cannot find a verse where the Lord promises abundant life.

In the KJV the word appears in 13 verses..there is abundant: mercy, grace, rejoicing, labours, thanksgiving, affection, honor, comeliness, treasures, goodness and truth....but no abundant life. :10:

look at john 10:10.

abundantly....word searches ain't perfect...:10:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

Abundant means more than enough, plentiful. In all ways God desres for us to prosper and have abundance. That doesn't mean we are to seek after riches for we are to seek after the Kingdom of God and it's rightreousness, but we can overcome poverty, lack, and be victorious in our circumstances. Daniel had victory after he went to the lion's den. Living abundantly would inculde our mental health. Jesus came to set the catpives free and heal the broken hearted(Luke4:18). He doesn't want us bound in any way. Living abundantly would liberate our thought life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Well I've been married for 12 yrs. now and not one single time has my wife and I yelled at each other.... I consider that life more abuntantly. :10:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Well I've been married for 12 yrs. now and not one single time has my wife and I yelled at each other.... I consider that life more abuntantly. :emot-questioned:

Right