IGNORED

feeling lost

Guest AHB22

Guest AHB22

I have started to feel very lost with my walk with god it has never been a very strong walk but i have always believed in god. i do feel deep in my heart that he is there and loves me but i don't know what direction he wants me to go in. at the same time i'm also afriad to go in the direction he might point me in i'm scared what he might ask of me. i have a strong desire to have a walk with him but at the same time it scares the crap out of me. i find it hard to hear his voice on top of that i am finding it hard to have someone that can relate to me. i feel like the devil has really been puting the screws to me i feel singled out depressed and mad all the time. i feel very lost and i'm not sure what to do i have talked to my pastor but i'm not very comfortable with him. i'm just not sure what i should be doing i try to get up and get into the word but its hard to do i just feel very lost and don't know what i should do

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I will pray for you, ahb22...have you sat alone in prayer asking God to show you what you should do? You say you're afraid...are you caught up in a sin that you are not sure if you want to let it go? or are you afraid of losing friends? I'd love to help...I'm afraid only our Lord can help you, but I'd love to try to help you as well. You are loved, just know that! You are loved no matter what. :il:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Sometimes only Jesus can answer your questions. Just look around you and notice Jesus is all around you in everything. I find that many ppl can give advice, but Jesus is the only one that really understands your needs.

Yukon :P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

I have started to feel very lost with my walk with god it has never been a very strong walk but i have always believed in god. i do feel deep in my heart that he is there and loves me but i don't know what direction he wants me to go in. at the same time i'm also afriad to go in the direction he might point me in i'm scared what he might ask of me. i have a strong desire to have a walk with him but at the same time it scares the crap out of me. i find it hard to hear his voice on top of that i am finding it hard to have someone that can relate to me. i feel like the devil has really been puting the screws to me i feel singled out depressed and mad all the time. i feel very lost and i'm not sure what to do i have talked to my pastor but i'm not very comfortable with him. i'm just not sure what i should be doing i try to get up and get into the word but its hard to do i just feel very lost and don't know what i should do

ahhh sweetie, I know JESUS just heard your cry. HE loves YOU and will fill the voids. Paul was chained in jail and still claimed his joy in the LORD

I pray that it gives you hope

Love Kay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

AHB22, hang around here for a while. It can get a bit time consuming, but it is one of the most spirit provoking places I have seen anywhere.

As for being afraid to get close the God, remember that he made you and cares more than you can know about you and your long term welfare. Remember that Jesus loves you enough to come down here and die for you when he really didn't have to. With that in mind remember He will either help us or make a way for us in anything He asks us to do, or even with the things the evil one throws in our way. When the evil one opposes you just kindly tell him that you belong to God and he should go away. If not then God most likely has some spiritual exercise in place to make you stronger spiritually and you should exercise with all your might and become that stronger person the Father knows is possible.

But only fear His absence, for there is nothing to fear when He is there.

Hope that makes sense.

se

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

*TAKES DEEP BREATHE*

Hey I am going through the same thing I mean I actually have no idea what God wants me to do and I became a Christian a year ago and I've been praying and reading my Bible and millions of things but nothing nothing nothing works, I wish God would just plainly tell me "Josh you should start doing this this and this and stop doing this this and this" instead of leaving me trying to decipher it from the Bible when it is nearly impossible for me to figure out what the Bible is trying to tell me I am not a good interpreter. I also have bad habits and God doesn't help me with them no matter how many times I pray and have faith and wait you know what I also think that being a Christian is way too hard for some people, in order to become successful Christians according to the Bible we have to.......

Go to Church or be with other Christians

Pray and read the Bible..not when we want...but every DAY many times and understand every single word of it you can and practice it!

Share Christianity to everyone

Be baptised

Do his will and obey Him when the Bible never clearly tells us what it is!!

Stay away from secular music TV movies and media otherwise it'll brainwash you and make you go crazy and sin a whole bunch

Be nice to everyone, even people we hate!

Now I'm not trying to diss Christianity but these requirements are too much! How can God expect us to do all this when we got other things to do too?! I'm only 17 and I don't have time to do all this stuff and if we dont do all this stuff we wont be the best Christian that we can possibly be and thats just not fair why do we gotta do all this stuff SOME CHRISTIANS do not have the ability or access to these things...get my point? Being a Christian is just too hard for some people including me. But I'm still gonna be a Christian anyway since I want to be with God when I die. Forgive me for complaining, I'm just overwhelmed sometimes. Religion drives me nuts like this sometimes.

So you are not the only one with struggles. I know what u are going through and I know it sucks but just hang in there somehow I dunno keep prayin I guess I'm not an expert at this kinda thing.

Any way if any of you mods or people have any advice for us please share it! thanx!!

*Exhales, screams, and goes to bed exhausted.*

Guest Cindy Lou

I have never used a chat room before and hope I am posting this in the right place - llike slimshady I feel lost but for lack of IT knowledge! I am 34 and have made a mess of my life but inside I have peace which Jesus have given me. God dosn't give us rules to tie us down but to set us free. It isn't to stop you having fun but to keep you safe. For example - don't get drunk - why not? well you can lose your balance, make an idiot of yourself, get sick or end up fighting or in a sexual tryst etc - all of which lead to guilt, STD :t2: s etc, or you could end up craving the drink so much it leads to alcholism. Extreme example but hopefully it gets the point across. It dosn't mean you can't have a drink at all - just don't compromise yourself. Drink is only one example. God loves you and yes it would be great if he would shout loudly sometimes but that is not his way. It is during the quiet times when he speaks to your heart. He will never tell you to do something that goes against his word. That is one reason why you need to read it. I recently read Dr Chuck Missler's 'Learn The Bible in 24 hours' which you can also get on tape. It is super and has really helped me understand the bible a lot more. In fact it is the first time I have actually been 'hungry' for the word. Hope this helps, sorry if it sounds a bit waffly!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Ah' The Road to Emmaus. Ever say goodbye to a hero (half man /half god)? Ever have to lay away a friend?

Jesus has said My Yoke is easy, My burden so very light..

Mt

Guest LCPGUY

AHB22, you really need to get more into the Word, wether you fell like it or not. The more you read, the more you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Read Psalms and Proverbs, one chapter a day..and pray that God will renew your strength and faith. Your faith will not grow if it isn't watered and that only comes by reading the Word and spending time with God. (Romans 10:17)

I'll pray for you...we've all been in your shoes before.