• Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

You gotta see this to believe it.

http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/In-Congress-H...zetip-over.aspx

goodman

Portland, OR

As any grade school student knows, an island is a piece of land that is surrounded by water. The U.S. Territory of Guam was created by the collision of the Pacific and Philippine Sea tectonic plates. It is firmly connected the rest of the Earth's mass.

However, one politician, Representative Hank Johnson of Georgia, disagrees. He testified in a recent House Armed Services Committee hearing that he's concerned that Guam may "tip over and capsize" due to a planned increase in American military personnel.

I must quote:

Addressing Adm. Robert Willard, who commands the Navy's Pacific Fleet, [Rep. Hank] Johnson made a tippy motion with his hands and said sternly, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

Willard paused and said: "We don't anticipate that."

Watch the "capsize/tip over Guam" video on the left. Rep. Johnson really did say this. In particular, look behind Adm. Williard

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You gotta see this to believe it.

http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/In-Congress-H...zetip-over.aspx

goodman

Portland, OR

As any grade school student knows, an island is a piece of land that is surrounded by water. The U.S. Territory of Guam was created by the collision of the Pacific and Philippine Sea tectonic plates. It is firmly connected the rest of the Earth's mass.

However, one politician, Representative Hank Johnson of Georgia, disagrees. He testified in a recent House Armed Services Committee hearing that he's concerned that Guam may "tip over and capsize" due to a planned increase in American military personnel.

I must quote:

Addressing Adm. Robert Willard, who commands the Navy's Pacific Fleet, [Rep. Hank] Johnson made a tippy motion with his hands and said sternly, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

Willard paused and said: "We don't anticipate that."

Watch the "capsize/tip over Guam" video on the left. Rep. Johnson really did say this. In particular, look behind Adm. Williard

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

uh uh uh I think de de de congressman should uh uh maybe get some sleep, or maybe take some Geritol.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It is my understanding that Hank is taking a drug for Hepititus that can sort of fog your thinking up. It looks to me like he needs to take a break from his duties for a while. I have a couple of friends that picked up Hep C from blood tests and they tell me that the treatment really messes with your system. It's kind of like the worst flue symptoms you can dream up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:noidea: I laughed when I first read that too..... :thumbsup: but the more I think about it, the less funny it gets. This guy is taking an active roll in our government and thinking like that is really not so funny when you ponder it for a while.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Oh come on....he was obviously using a metaphor. Who hasn't said something like that? :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Oh come on....he was obviously using a metaphor. Who hasn't said something like that? :noidea:

All the rest of us except you? :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Oh come on....he was obviously using a metaphor. Who hasn't said something like that? :thumbsup:

All the rest of us except you? :laugh:

You've never said something like "One more detail and my head will explode?" I said that yesterday, referring to an extremely complex project. I actually know my head WON'T explode. Or "instead of eating this chocolate I'll save time and just apply it directly to my hips". Yeah, I've said that too. I don't think I'm the only human alive that says stuff like that. :noidea: