• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1951

Thanks for the links wyguy. I love the research that touches all areas of the Bible. :ph34r:

Here's a nice research site on the Exodus that you may like:

The Exodus Case by Lennart Moller (2010)

http://www.exodusconspiracy.com/

Moller and the film crew ran into some very aggressive encounters during their research.

Joe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I've never doubted either. But it IS interesting to read about; especially the remains of Egyptian chariots. It makes you think. Like 'how many expensive chariots would be under water' ordinarily? My guess is...not many.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Thanks for that!!!

I heard story not sure of its truth but the reality of the truth worth passing on! Skeptics stated that the crossing depth was only knee deep in the suggested area they thought. When in the group one jumped up and praised the Lord of Glory for the miracle of drowning the whole Egyptian army in such shallow water :blink: God is going to get all the glory and I am excited about that!!! Love Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I never doubted it. :thumbsup:

Not even a little? :rolleyes:

Of all the things I've read of in the Bible, the Exodus has never been one I had any doubts about. Honestly, I can say I've never doubted the stories and/or miracles of the Bible at all. The only thing I've ever struggled with was the human emotional side of some of the orders issued to the Children of Israel. For example: it has always seemed kinda harsh to me that a woman was condemned for not screaming for help while being raped if she was somewhere that she might be overheard. But, that's just my own feminism getting in the way. :whistling:

As for the story of the Exodus or the Flood or Daniel or David or Solomon or anything else, it is just something I've always had faith in. No doubts there. :thumbsup:

What boggles my own mind is the fact the Israelites had seen firsthand all of those miracles God did in Egypt, was led by the vortex of fire at night and smoke in the day, was fed and given water by God in the desert, and all of the other mighty works God did, and then when Moses went up on the mountain to receive the 10 commandments, they built a golden idol and worshipped it!!!!!! :blink:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,851
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  226
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Bit like us at times.... we KNOW God provides for us but how many of us worry and worry and worry about how we are to get things ????

I was talking to a few senior citizens today and they were reminising about what it was like growing up pre world war 2 and during it ...all the things that they thought of as luxury we think of as deprivation ...our golden calf is all too often meterial possessions and labour saving devices/ time wasting devices ( tv etc )

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

What boggles my own mind is the fact the Israelites had seen firsthand all of those miracles God did in Egypt, was led by the vortex of fire at night and smoke in the day, was fed and given water by God in the desert, and all of the other mighty works God did, and then when Moses went up on the mountain to receive the 10 commandments, they built a golden idol and worshipped it!!!!!! :whistling:

I echo those sentiments! Some of those Israelites wanted to get out from under the oppression of the pharoah but liked the creature comforts of Egypt so one needs to be willing to let go of Egypt in the heart as well and well we can see some just didn't want to. Sad. And we may see that happen once again when He comes back.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Personally, I believe the manifestations of the spirit-realm were more common place back then than they are now.

Recall that the Egyptian magicians didn't even bat an eye when Aaron's rod turned into a snake. They simply threw their rods down and did the same. (And no, I don't think these priests went around with snakes up their sleeves just for such an occasion. . . . Besides, since when have you seen images of Egyptian priests wearing long-sleeved robes anyway?)

Another thing to consider - ancient religions were about you manipulating the gods to do your bidding through your worship, your sacrifices, etc. YHWH didn't work that way, but it seems as if the people never quite "got" that, or were truly comfortable with that.

What boggles my own mind is the fact the Israelites had seen firsthand all of those miracles God did in Egypt, was led by the vortex of fire at night and smoke in the day, was fed and given water by God in the desert, and all of the other mighty works God did, and then when Moses went up on the mountain to receive the 10 commandments, they built a golden idol and worshipped it!!!!!! :whistling:

I echo those sentiments! Some of those Israelites wanted to get out from under the oppression of the pharoah but liked the creature comforts of Egypt so one needs to be willing to let go of Egypt in the heart as well and well we can see some just didn't want to. Sad. And we may see that happen once again when He comes back.

It's already happening.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Personally, I believe the manifestations of the spirit-realm were more common place back then than they are now.

Recall that the Egyptian magicians didn't even bat an eye when Aaron's rod turned into a snake. They simply threw their rods down and did the same. (And no, I don't think these priests went around with snakes up their sleeves just for such an occasion. . . . Besides, since when have you seen images of Egyptian priests wearing long-sleeved robes anyway?)

Another thing to consider - ancient religions were about you manipulating the gods to do your bidding through your worship, your sacrifices, etc. YHWH didn't work that way, but it seems as if the people never quite "got" that, or were truly comfortable with that.

I like how the 10 plagues were an attack on the 10 most prominent Egyptian gods:

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Water Turned to Blood

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Hapi- Egyptian God of the Nile

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Frogs coming from the Nile River

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Heket- Egyptian Goddess of Fertility, Water, and frogs

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Lice from the dust of the earth

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Geb- Egyptian God of the Earth

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Swarms of Flies

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Khepri - Egyptian God of creation

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Death of Cattle and Livestock

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Apis - Egyptian sacred bull god

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Ashes turned to Boils and Sores

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Imhotep - Egyptian god of medicine

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Hail rained down in the form of fire

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Nut- Egyptian Goddess of the Sky who controlled the weather

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Locusts sent from the sky that destroyed crops

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Seth- Egyptian God of crops

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Three Days of Complete Darkness

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Ra- The Sun God

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Death of the Firstborn

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Pharaoh- The Ultimate Power of Egypt, and considered a "god."

Ain't it cool how God works? :whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I like how the 10 plagues were an attack on the 10 most prominent Egyptian gods:

Type of plague that God pronounced upon Egypt: Frogs coming from the Nile River

Corresponding Egyptian God or Goddess to the type of plague: Heket- Egyptian Goddess of Fertility, Water, and frogs

I like how Bill Gothard put it:

"And God said, 'So, you like frogs?!'" :whistling: