• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

What do ya'll think about Gap Theory? I think the theory goes that after Gen 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth" then He gave the Earth to Lucifer to reign over (under God of course). That is where the dinosaurs and prehistoric life existed. Once Lucifer became prideful because of his prince hood over Earth and rebelled against God, God took the Earth away from Lucifer and destroyed the Earth as it existed then. Which led to Genesis 1:2 "And the Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

In other words, God did not originally create the Earth without form and void; it became this was after a cataclysmic happening; this happening was the revolt of Lucifer against God, which took place some time in the dateless past.

"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." The moving of the Holy Spirit signified and signifies the beginning of life as we know it.

What say you?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Garbage is my first thought. Have you done a search on this yet?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

Garbage is my first thought. Have you done a search on this yet?

I'm with onelight. Gap theory is Christians trying to fit the world's secular lie of evolution into the infallible Word of the living God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

people actually believe this?? using what evidence?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

From what I've seen it's always using secular "evidence" of evolution and then saying "well it had to happen somewhere."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I think the man was just asking for genuine feedback, not a bashing.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I think the man was just asking for genuine feedback, not a bashing.

didnt mean for it to sound that way. i guess thats the downside to this online thing - u cant actually read the tone.

I have actually never heard of this before and truly am curious what evidence folks use to support this.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Of all the stuff I have read... gap theory is the LEAST supported.

• Scientists don't support it. (I am not proposing that acceptance by scientists is our 'measuring stick', but I think that, in part, the Gap theory is supposed to account for fossil records etc etc, and it does this in a way that scientists do not accept as plausible.)
  • The bible doesn't support it. The supposed gap is between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

The Gap Theory is just that, a theory. I personally believe there are things we are not going to know of the real truth until we get to heaven.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

From what I've seen it's always using secular "evidence" of evolution and then saying "well it had to happen somewhere."

Do you actually know what evolution is? Evolution is not false. Simply it is this. I will use this example that helped me understand. Imagine you have strep throat. You have a bunch of bacteria that a living in your throat causing this. You are given an antibotic to take over a 10 day period. You take it the first day, you wipe out some of the bacteria. You take the second day...same happens, third day, fourth day the same thing. You begin to feel better so you stop taking the antibotic. Now what you dont know is that some of those bacteria are still alive. What does this mean? It means that some of the bacteria had a sort of resistance to that antibotic, this was not developed, it was already there. That is why the doctors want to take it for the full 10 days in hopes that the bacteria cant outlast the antibotic. Now what happens after you start to feel sick again. You begin to take that antibotic but it does not work, why because not only did you not kill those bacteria that had this resistance, but they have reproduced bacteria that have this resistance.

Also evolution is not a theory, I used to think this too. Evolution is the phenomenon. The actual Theory is Natural Selection. Now while I do take issue with a few things that are espoused with the theory of naural selection, I cant dispute that evolution takes place. Now what i actually wrote is just a very base understanding, but the thing is you probably should research just a bit, before you throw it out the window. I actually believe that Darwin (who by the way was not the "founder" of this ) was on to a few things, but went wayward.

Now I do believe that the Gap theory is plausible, I know we have had threads on it before. I will see what I can find sometime this weekend hopefully.

Gap theory and evolution require death before the fall.