and another question...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I do not believe I have ever seen a tract on religion that had a profound effect on anyone I saw reading it. I think, if you value your job, you should follow whatever office procedure may be in place for literature of any type by asking before putting it on display. I think your actions and are a more important witness than a piece of paper. How would you feel if other employees started putting out literature for something like Fez was speaking of (New Age Religion, Satanism, Atheistic Writings)?? Pray for your boss and that he change his heart and accept Christ. :whistling:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I'm just full of them today! :whistling:

I have these tracts that I want to put on the table at work for clients to read. It's called God Allows U-Turns. It's a great tract and I think that it may save clients. I work in a law firm and we see a lot of very disturbed people on a daily basis.

The problem is that my boss is a buddhist. I think he is because he has a lot of buddhist stuff in his office. I have this feeling if I ask him to put these tracts out he will say "no".

Would it be wrong if I just put them out in front without asking him?

That is a tough one. Jesus said render unto Ceasar the things which are Ceasers. In the case the boss would be Caesar. I would ask your boss. Many buddhists do not oppose Christianity. They view it as a path to a god. Where we disagree is we believe it is The only path to The Only God.

And Buddhists would also reject the idea that they are a religion. Their concept of God is very different

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,935
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Sorry but I would have to say NO dont do it ....You are happy to be working for this company and you DO owe them your loyalty during working hours ( not if you are asked to do anything that would offend God but this is notin that catagory )

If you dont want to ask you must know or at least feel very strongly that the answer would be " No " so to do so would be dishonest :taped:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't know what the success rate of tracks are to winning souls.

Has anyone heard any testimonies form anyone that included, "I saw this Christian track...."

Oh yes several times! Tracks (good ones) always present the Gospel of Christ as written Scriptures! The Scripture written on the tracts of course are the key! Love Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I'm just full of them today! :taped:

I have these tracts that I want to put on the table at work for clients to read. It's called God Allows U-Turns. It's a great tract and I think that it may save clients. I work in a law firm and we see a lot of very disturbed people on a daily basis.

The problem is that my boss is a buddhist. I think he is because he has a lot of buddhist stuff in his office. I have this feeling if I ask him to put these tracts out he will say "no".

Would it be wrong if I just put them out in front without asking him?

I have been in your position before and my previous boss, who was a Christian said this, "your first priority as my employee is to do the work that have been hired to do, your are not paid to spend time sharing Jesus with people"

This has always stayed with me. He was my authority first as my boss and if I wanted to honor the Lord, I had to honor my boss. [Romans 12] To ask your boss for his permission is a Godly thing to do. It does not mean you fear man more then God, in fact it shows that you do fear God because you went about it in a Godly way. This may cause your boss to respect what you believe and be more willing to give an ear to what you believe and you may be able to keep your job through the whole process and perhaps win your boss to Christ down the road. Who I think would be the bigger fish to catch.

e

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Has anyone heard any testimonies form anyone that included, "I saw this Christian track...."

I do not believe that tracts are design to convert people. I think thay are design to give people concepts that they never heard of or thought of. With hopes that they may seek further. At any rate, they do not hurt the cause for Christ. I know of people in my church who said that they read tracts years before they came to the Lord and some even said that some "scared the hell out of them", which was not a bad thing.

e

There's over 150,000 posts in the Outer Court. Sprinkled among those posts are verses from the bible and short testimonies.

If you step out of the box and think about it, many of the posts directed toward seekers and non-believers are "Tracks".

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There's over 150,000 posts in the Outer Court. Sprinkled among those posts are verses from the bible and short testimonies.

If you step out of the box and think about it, many of the posts directed toward seekers and non-believers are "Tracks".

But have any of them turned to Jesus yet?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Tracks are an experession of the Gospel (or should be). Just remember that nothing on this earth can, will or have saved anyone. It is the Holy Spirit and his actions that do that. The Spirit can work through tracks, the Bible, people on the street or at work, the church or any number of things.

If your boss gives the OK, I like the idea of tracks, but unless it's important for you to have to find another Job, you should check the policy of the company. If it's not written anywhere, I personally would ask. Most likely he will be more concerned with how your clients would take it than himself. No business can afford to push clients away these days and it might be that your boss would be concerned about that.

I worked for the big copier/printer company for nearly 40 years, and I used to use all kinds of stuff as test patterns. I only knew of one complaint.... but I live in the Bible belt. I know of others that were requested to quit doing the same.

So it might well make a difference where you live.