SlipperyPete

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The beast nation is Rome during the time of Jesus, that's how it was able to make war with the Lamb. The "Beast" character is Nero Casear himself.

The Number 666 is a historical numerology Herbrew geneology tracker. It was and still is in use these days. During the history of the Hebrew people they were taken numerous times into captivity and so not to loose their geneology they assigned every character in the Hebrew alphabet a number. These numbers were applied to peoples names.

Although a very needed preserver during it's times in captivity, this numerology is still used as a game in Israel.

The number 666 when calculated, literally spells out Nero Casear.

This is a matter of fact and not a matter of interpretation.

Therefore, it brings about a clearer understanding of who the characters are in revelation. The beast nation is Rome under the Beast Cesar.

That is why Daniel was told to seal the books and John the revelator was told to open them.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

http://www.entrewave.com/freebooks/docs/ht...r/Chapter20.htm

Read this whole chapter, quite interesting and for those who don't want to here's a snippit: (the web site has the whole numerical chart)

The second point to consider about the number 666 is this. In both Greek and Hebrew, each letter of the alphabet is also a numeral (see the table of numerals at the end of this chapter). Thus, the "number" of anyone's name could be computed by simply adding up the numerical value of its letters. Clearly, John expected that his contemporary readers were capable of using this method to discover the Beast's name

Edited by SlipperyPete

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Opening paragraphs from the link -

The Book of Revelation is a covenant document. It is a prophecy, like the prophecies of the Old Testament. This means that it is not concerned with making "predictions" of astonishing events as such. As prophecy, its focus is redemptive and ethical. Its concern is with the covenant. There is not a chance that the Biblical authors would have thought it important to prophesy about Cobra helicopters (which would be rendered obsolete by "Blue Thunder"), or personal computers, or chewing gum, or space shuttles. Nor would they have been interested in foretelling the future of the United States of America, the Soviet Union, or the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg. The point is not that these things are unimportant (in varying degrees), or that "spiritual" Christians should not be concerned about all areas of life; we should. But the point is that the Bible is God's revelation about His covenant with His people. It was not written to satisfy our curiosities about the Common Market or the prime rate of interest. It was written to show what God has done to save His people and glorify Himself through them.

Therefore, even when God speaks of the Roman Empire in the Book of Revelation, His purpose is not to tell us exciting bits of news about life at Nero's court. He speaks of Rome only in relation to the covenant and the history of redemption. The Roman Empire is not seen in terms of itself, but solely in terms of 1) the Land (Israel), and 2) the Church.

First, welcome to worthy.

Now . . . let

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've read a lot of history, but I don't remember ever reading that nero put a mark on everyone. While it's true that Nero Caesar does add up to 666, there have been many many others that do the same. I'm told that Prince Charles of Wales adds up to 666 in Hebrew, Greek and English. I'm sure there are many many others.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

I've read a lot of history, but I don't remember ever reading that nero put a mark on everyone. While it's true that Nero Caesar does add up to 666, there have been many many others that do the same. I'm told that Prince Charles of Wales adds up to 666 in Hebrew, Greek and English. I'm sure there are many many others.

What do you mean, "add up to six?" :emot-questioned:

Best,

Lilly

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Nero didn't mark people in the sense of a brand or a tattoo. "The mark" is an allegorical reference to the currency of Rome, coinage bearing Nero's (Caesar's) likeness. John's hatred of Rome was such that he called down condemnation on anyone conducting commerce within the Roman empire.

Oh . . . so it was John's hatred and not the inspiration of God that gave him the vision . . .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Don't put words in my mouth; you are committing a logical fallacy called "hasty generalization."

PaulT,

First, you denigrate the Word of God like you did in the other thread:

John wrote Revelation as a revenge fantasy against the Roman empire after the fall of Jerusalem.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Antic...40&start=40

"A Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to declare to His servants things which must shortly come to pass. And He signified it by sending His angel to His servant John," (Rev 1:1).

"Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be after this," (Rev 1:19).

"After these things I looked, and behold, a door was opened in Heaven. And the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me, saying, Come up here, and I will show you what must occur after these things." (Rev 4:1).

"For I testify together to everyone who hears the Words of the prophecy of this Book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add on him the plagues that have been written in this Book. And if anyone takes away from the Words of the Book of this prophecy, God will take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which have been written in this Book." (Rev 22:18-19)

PaulT,

You denigrate the Revelation of Jesus Christ to the position of "a revenge fantasy against the Roman empire after the fall of Jerusalem." Then you denigrate the Revelation of Jesus Christ by asserting that "John's hatred of Rome was such that he called down condemnation on anyone conducting commerce within the Roman empire."

Your intellectualizing doesn't impress anyone here. Your denigrating of the Revelation of Jesus Christ in support of your arguments reminds me of the type of thing that Muslims do when they bring forward their arguments against the Word of God. Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the Word of God in human form who died for your sins and rose again from the dead?

Lekh

The beast nation is Rome during the time of Jesus, that's how it was able to make war with the Lamb. The "Beast" character is Nero Casear himself.

The Number 666 is a historical numerology Herbrew geneology tracker. It was and still is in use these days. During the history of the Hebrew people they were taken numerous times into captivity and so not to loose their geneology they assigned every character in the Hebrew alphabet a number. These numbers were applied to peoples names.

Although a very needed preserver during it's times in captivity, this numerology is still used as a game in Israel.

Therefore, it brings about a clearer understanding of who the characters are in revelation. The beast nation is Rome under the Beast Cesar.

That is why Daniel was told to seal the books and John the revelator was told to open them.

SlipperyPete,

You've put God and the Revelation of Jesus Christ into a box titled "A.D 70 to A.D 400/500". Unfortunately though, God is far too great to fit into your little box.

I hope you don't mind, but I for one will not be looking for God in your little box - I will be looking for Him, as always, in Jam.1:5 and the rest of the Bible. I suggest you look for Him outside of your little box - because He transcends time - and so does His Revelation.

Lekh

SlipperyPete,

You've put God and the Revelation of Jesus Christ into a box titled "A.D 70 to A.D 400/500". Unfortunately though, God is far too great to fit into your little box.

I hope you don't mind, but I for one will not be looking for God in your little box - I will be looking for Him, as always, in Jam.1:5 and the rest of the Bible. I suggest you look for Him outside of your little box - because He transcends time - and so does His Revelation.

Lekh

Ad hominum, Lekh? I'm disappointed. You can do better than that.

:thumbsup: Well maybe it just seems as though the two of you - you and slipperyPete - are operating in a pair (or is it the one of you?)

But anyway, PaulT, it's quite obvious that you like playing games and have no reverence for the Revelation of Jesus Christ, so when you've answered my question which you still haven't answered (Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Word of God in the flesh and that He died for your sins and rose again from the dead?), then I will suggest a board here at Worthy to you where they do play games. Perhaps yo will feel more at home there, because unfortunately, here in this board no-one else is going to pay any attention to you if you only want to play games, and you will be flatly ignored. So take your other personality slipperyPete which exists in your multiple personality disorder and discuss with him in your head how you would like to proceed - 'cause I'll also be ignoring you from now if you can't even answer such a basic question as the one I've asked you twice now, no?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Lekh - PaulT and slipperypete are two different people. :whistling: