• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

Recently I was pm a message which stated something like this even satan can tell the truth if it hurt us. Something I have always agreed with but tonight John 8:44 came to mind which states:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So does this verse mean the devil can never tell the truth or am I reading to much in it? Please any help especially supported by the Scriptures would be much appreciated.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Recently I was pm a message which stated something like this even satan can tell the truth if it hurt us. Something I have always agreed with but tonight John 8:44 came to mind which states:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So does this verse mean the devil can never tell the truth or am I reading to much in it? Please any help especially supported by the Scriptures would be much appreciated.

A partial truth is a lie. The best and most persuasive lies are usually made up of about 99% truth. Satan is a liar, but that does not mean he will not use partial truth when it benefits him.

2 Corinthians 11

12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.

14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Also take a look at 2 Peter chapther 2.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My opinion?

The point is that he is the great deceiver. He'll say anything to deceive you from the Lord and the way of the Lord (the truth).

He has no problem saying what is true to turn you from the truth.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

A partial truth is a lie. The best and most persuasive lies are usually made up of about 99% truth. Satan is a liar, but that does not mean he will not use partial truth when it benefits him.

:noidea:

Exactly.

Pure truth never comes from the enemy, and hence it is all lies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

He may mimic Words but the power that is sourced within truth that which Christ brought into the world He will never have access to nor understand. He is dead and death His offspring! Love Steven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and tvso kill, and to destroy:(it is Satan the thief comes into our lives to destroy it any way he can) I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (But despite what the devil or the theif might do in our lives to destroy it. Jesus is right there saying, and consoling us that he came into the world so that we may have eternal life. And Jesus came that we may have life and more abundantly.)

1 John 3:11-15 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. vs. 12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one (Satan) and slew his brother, And wherefore slew he him? "Because" "his own works were evil," "and his brother's righteous." vs. 13) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. vs. 14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. vs. 15) Whosoever hateth his brother "is a murderer:" "and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."

It says that the devil from the very beginning was a murderer. And that Cain was of that wicked one (being Satan). Cain was following Satan as you could tell he hated his brother Abel as Cain didn't have the love of God in his heart so he ends up killing his brother Abel just because the things he did was unrighteous and Abel was righteous but it all happened because Cain didn't allow the love of God to rule and reign within his heart.

One thing about a liar is that if you find out someone is a known liar then you stop listening to that person altogether because they will only lie.

That's the way it is for us in our Christian walk with the Lord as we know that his Word is "TRUTH" and we should follow that truth.

We know that Satan is a known "LIAR" has been all the way back to the beginning.

So we need to stop listening to a "KNOWN-- LIAR-- being--SATAN" so we got to stop listening to the devils lies and focus on the truths of God.

John 8:44 The Lord said, that the devil is a liar.(the Lord declares that the devil

"IS" a "liar"no truth found in him just lies) and even the father of it. (the devil is not only a liar but he was the father of it. Every lie that there are has been conceived by Satan as the Lord has told us that Satan was the father of lies he gives birth to them as he creates them.)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

What he will do is go 99 44/100 % and the part of which you have no knowledge he will hit you.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

Hey,

My reference was:

Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

I've always been bothered by Satan's having used God's word against Jesus. Jesus, of course, being the Word of God, used His word to combat Satan. I'm not as wise as Jesus so I've always wondered if I'll be deceived by someone using the Word of God. We see examples of it all the time-televangelists that use His word to "convict" you to send in money (not all of them! just some of them!), ministers that use God's word to manipulate people into doing things God's word specifically says not to do (Jonestown, Applewhite, etc.) I don't want to get drawn into something that uses God's word to blind me to the true path by "mis-directing" my path onto one that looks like Jesus, but isn't.

2Ki 18:28 Then Rabshakeh stood and cried with a loud voice in the Jews' language, and spake, saying, Hear the word of the great king, the king of Assyria:

2Ki 18:29 Thus saith the king, Let not Hezekiah deceive you: for he shall not be able to deliver you out of his hand:

2Ki 18:30 Neither let Hezekiah make you trust in the LORD, saying, The LORD will surely deliver us, and this city shall not be delivered into the hand of the king of Assyria.

2Ki 18:31 Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus saith the king of Assyria, Make an agreement with me by a present, and come out to me, and then eat ye every man of his own vine, and every one of his fig tree, and drink ye every one the waters of his cistern:

2Ki 18:32 Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards, a land of oil olive and of honey, that ye may live, and not die: and hearken not unto Hezekiah, when he persuadeth you, saying, The LORD will deliver us.

2Ki 18:33 Hath any of the gods of the nations delivered at all his land out of the hand of the king of Assyria?

No one that we read about followed Rabshakeh, but when I read this, the words in red bold stood out in neon. I don't want to come out to a land like my own-I want the one God Himself promised me. Jesus said that our way is narrow and few find it. I want to be one who does. I know I'll stumble along the way and make my mistakes. Bless my Lord and Savior He tries our hearts!

You've started a very good thread...thanks logos! I hope I didn't hurt you.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

My opinion?

The point is that he is the great deceiver. He'll say anything to deceive you from the Lord and the way of the Lord (the truth).

He has no problem saying what is true to turn you from the truth.

AMEN. Took the words right out of my mouth (ahem fingers)...