Shiloh62

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

My mistake, Matthew 14:11. Still, chargers?

I believe it may actually have been Hot Orange in color with Black Racing Stripes. :whistling:

:laugh: ^5 matt sorry John

i wonder why platters were called chargers unless they had some kind of battery to keep the food warm

In today's world a charger is a metal plate you set a china plate on when setting a table. They're usually gold or silver (or at least look like it) and compliment the china. Note the place settings for White House dinners (or any really ritzy gathering) and you will see a charger under each plate. I'm assuming people used them in Biblical times as well.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

A charger may be consider to be a bowl type platter with a dome lid; si vous plait ;-D

One of the faults of using a Biblical translation full of archaic language. A charger is basically a large plate. How disgusting an individual would demand someone's head on a plate for sport? Even more disgusting is a person who would grant such a request.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

My mistake, Matthew 14:11. Still, chargers?

I believe it may actually have been Hot Orange in color with Black Racing Stripes. :whistling:

:laugh: ^5 matt sorry John

i wonder why platters were called chargers unless they had some kind of battery to keep the food warm

In today's world a charger is a metal plate you set a china plate on when setting a table. They're usually gold or silver (or at least look like it) and compliment the china. Note the place settings for White House dinners (or any really ritzy gathering) and you will see a charger under each plate. I'm assuming people used them in Biblical times as well.

ok, thank you morningglory,thats interesting!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

A charger may be consider to be a bowl type platter with a dome lid; si vous plait ;-D

One of the faults of using a Biblical translation full of archaic language. A charger is basically a large plate. How disgusting an individual would demand someone's head on a plate for sport? Even more disgusting is a person who would grant such a request.

amen bold, not very lady like.And John the Baptist? This woman must have been sheer evil.

Even for those times that's pretty bad!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

amen bold, not very lady like.And John the Baptist? This woman must have been sheer evil.

Twas simply the anger of a scorned woman.

Twas simply the anger of a scorned woman.

And I thought Britney Spears was a nut job for keying her ex's car a couple of years ago....retribution has changed with the times, apparently.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't understand Matthew 14:11

And his (John) head was brought in a charger, and given to the damsel : and she brought it to her mother.

They had cars back then?

Oh yes! and many had their own Accord~!

2 Cor 8:17

17 For he not only accepted the exhortation, but being more diligent, he went to you of his own accord

NKJV

.... hm hm Bible School and all that em em.... :laugh: Love (no I am not signing my name to this :cool: )