IGNORED

Lust

Guest agua

Guest LadyC
If the satisfaction or consumation continues to be 'self' based after marriage, does it not continue to be lust and not love?

i don't even understand that question. my goodness, i must be dense.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The temptation is allways there and at times difficult to avoid thinking about it. Men are more tempted by the way they are built. I look at the wife everyday and see how beatiful she is and thank God for giving me such a gift. The other females are just the wind but the wife is the rock. Jesus said to build the house on rock.

Blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

If the satisfaction or consumation continues to be 'self' based after marriage, does it not continue to be lust and not love?

i don't even understand that question. my goodness, i must be dense.

I have counseled many young people who married so that they could consumate their desire to have sex and after the honeymoon woke up to their true selves. With counseling some were able to realize that marriage and true love required them to give or submit to each other.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/05/1980

Looking at woman lustfully is a sin that is when not married. Why not marry her early to avoid sinning? Pray God to drive it away. :blink:

Guest Anina

People make the mistake to think of lust just in term of the sexual - lust is an overwhelming desire or craving. You can lust after money, power or sex. It is something that will drive you until it is satisfied. It is born from a sense of emptiness. The problem is that lust, although it feels good for the moment, will afterwards crave for more and bigger, it will NEVER fill the emptiness. Lust is a sin - and sin destroys, breaks and ultimately wants to kill you - whether in spirit, soul or body.

Lust is self-centered and focus only on your own desire and fulfillment - it is thus also not appropriate in marriage and will destroy your marriage. Love is wanting to fulfill your marriage partner's need and enjoying it with them. Having intimacy, a connection - enjoying the process, not only the final outcome.

Only God can fill up that emptiness and ultimately fulfill you. Confess lust as a sin, ask God to fill you up with His Holy Spirit and renew your mind with His Word. Hope this help!

Shalom!

Guest shiloh357
If a man courting a woman(with intention of marriage) is having lustful desires towards her what should he do?
Repent. He should not put himself in situations where he is tempted to lust after her and she should not do anything to tempt him. He also needs to renew his mind in the Word.

If they become engaged to marry would the advice change?
No.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

People make the mistake to think of lust just in term of the sexual - lust is an overwhelming desire or craving. You can lust after money, power or sex. It is something that will drive you until it is satisfied. It is born from a sense of emptiness. The problem is that lust, although it feels good for the moment, will afterwards crave for more and bigger, it will NEVER fill the emptiness. Lust is a sin - and sin destroys, breaks and ultimately wants to kill you - whether in spirit, soul or body.

Lust is self-centered and focus only on your own desire and fulfillment - it is thus also not appropriate in marriage and will destroy your marriage. Love is wanting to fulfill your marriage partner's need and enjoying it with them. Having intimacy, a connection - enjoying the process, not only the final outcome.

Only God can fill up that emptiness and ultimately fulfill you. Confess lust as a sin, ask God to fill you up with His Holy Spirit and renew your mind with His Word. Hope this help!

Shalom!

nice advice:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Lust is actually a strong desire for something that is forbidden to us.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would also ask yourself, other than your lust for this women is there anything else as strong and powerful about her that you can't live without. Because if lust for her sexually is your only form of attraction or even the major one, then be very careful! Try and grow in the other areas that attract you two (hopefully there's several of them)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

If a man courting a woman(with intention of marriage) is having lustful desires towards her what should he do?

If they become engaged to marry would the advice change?

I'm not a guy, but I will tell you the same thing that holds true for women, and married folks...set aside a time of fasting and prayer. Set yourself like a flint toward the Lord with the desire to live a holy and godly life...making Jesus your First Love!

FLEEEEEEE fornication...look to Joseph and Potiphors wife as a great example...if someone comes to mind, pray for that person and move on. Our God will not allow us to be tempted beyond our ability....according to His word and a promise to us...HE will make a way of escape.