Restoring Honor Rally

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I agree with George. No one else is rallying the troops....... so do we have the right to put him down for his actions. Yeah, we may disagree with his resigion, but who among us can or wil take over what he has started?

Sitting back here and pontificating on the problem is not really doing anything at all.

So, if you're concerned about what Beck is doing then get of your butts and do something about it.

EoC.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

So, if you're concerned about what Beck is doing then get of your butts and do something about it.

Great bro, what then shall we do about it?

I believe as Christians we are to Preach the Gospel.

Here was the precursor to the coming of the Lord;

Mt

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

The Progressive's Response to the Restoring Honor Rally

A Huffington Post contributor and former editor of the failed liberal radio network Air America is offering $100,000 for a nonexistent sex tape featuring Glenn Beck.

"Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers are happy to throw money at the rising tide of right wing lunacy," wrote Beau Friedlander at HuffPo Monday.

"Breitbart offered $100,000 for JournoList, the email listserve that brought down WaPo blogger Dave Weigel this June," he continued.

"Why did they do it?" he asked.

His answer was as offensive as his despicable offer (h/t @MelissaTweets aka Melissa Clouthier): Because they stand to make a lot of money off the anti-black president movement, and they are rich enough to imprint their beliefs on the American sheeple.

The bio for this miscreant reads: Beau Friedlander is a writer living in Brooklyn. He was the editor-in-chief of Air America until it closed in 2010, and is the former publisher of Context Books, an award-winning small press.

He is currently working on a book proposal called The Bunker Mentality, which takes on the conservative movement with lessons learned from his time at Air America, and as the publisher of War on Iraq: What Team Bush Doesn't Want You To Know by former UNSCOM inspector Scott Ritter and William Rivers Pitt.

His work can be found in the Los Angeles Times, The Paris Review, and other publications.

His piece predictably went after "Tea Baggers": In cultural terms, the original neoconservatives who birthed the baggers were way more frightened by the Broadway musical "Hair" than the film "Rosemary's Baby" (both from 1968). A mock ad might go like this: "Afraid your daughter might hook up with a black guy (or the nation may choose one to be president)? Have a problem with that homosexual and or promiscuous son or daughter? Does your son need a haircut? Do you often find biblical characters charred into your toast? Then do we have the movement for you!"

Then, to the typical liberal attack on Beck: Glenn Beck is also a Mormon. It matters. His religion typifies the noble lie that the neocons originally set out to defend against the counterculture--Archie Bunker's America--where a woman's place was in the home and with baby, and an African American's place was in a ghetto. (Mormons revere women much like Hindis do the cow, and they didn't accept African Americans in their ranks at all till 1978--draw whatever inferences you like). [...]

It is time to pop the tea baggers' favorite balloon (so what if it will be replaced by another?), and with that in mind I hereby offer to negotiate a $100,000 payday to the person who will come forward with a sex tape or phone records or anything else that succeeds in removing Glenn Beck from the public eye forever. I am not offering the cash myself, but I will broker the deal and/or raise the money for what you bring to the table. (And it better be good.)

If you have the goods, or if you want to contribute to a slush fund to buy more takedowns (probably not tax deductible), please contact me at: glennbecksextape@gmail.com.

Welcome to modern day liberalism: if you can't beat 'em, smear 'em!

*****Update: The Huffington Post has pulled this piece. Here's their disclaimer (h/t Dan Andros):

Editor's Note: This piece was published directly to the Huffington Post by its author. It didn't meet our editorial standards and has been removed from the site.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Mt

Mt

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I am concerned at the direction this will go. When the US began, it was created on Christian values, but now Glen brings in what he labels as a "new Black Robe Regiment", people from all faiths. This is not what the forefathers meant when they created this country. Which God are they praying to? This is nothing more then a seal to the Emergent Church/One World Religion that we are told to be on the watch for, which is not of God.

If someone only gets loving your neighbor as yourself out of this, then fine, but there is something a lot deeper in what Glen is doing, so please do your research and keep an eye on the direction this goes.

In some ways this Beck thing reminds me of the debate in Acts 5, and as Gamaliel said 'for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it..' No I am not comparing Beck to the apostles far from it yet I know for a fact that Beck reaches people with his words, a dear friends husband finally came to understand that he doesn't have to keep being angry at God and we can see his heart melting each and everyday and after watching the rally with all the vets there this man sees God is more than likely the answer, still not yet ready to proclaim Yeshua as his savior but if it wasn't for Beck and the direction he took with his shows this man may never have opened his heart at all. God does and will contiue to use people for His own purpose even a mormon like Beck. And another thing if someone is truly a believer in God, grounded in their faith then run to the Mormon church because of Beck I would think their faith or their understandings of scripture is not strong as they thought.

I wonder how well the first black robe regiment was met by the peoples who distrusted others of different religions as I understand that some felt that other religions from their own were not the 'correct' religion either although I have not searched out that little bit of info someone gave me this weekend.

God moves as He wills! Amen!

If you do research what the black robe regiment was about, I believe you will find it was about different denominations with in the Christian church, not about all the faiths of the world uniting.

I don't know enough about who were involved in the original to speak on it but there could have been a rabbi or two involved couldn't there have been? and that would be seen as world faiths uniting couldn't it? if so what would be the difference in the two groups, just Beck? If someone knows please share. I just think Beck is trying to wake people out of their apathy, trying to get the attention of the nation as to what we are facing I do not see Beck standing in a pulpit of his mormonism telling others to join him at ones nearest ward. I also don't see him 'uniting' the worlds faiths into some kind of ecumenical drive that will result in the next mega church or the building of new churches to fit a one gospel fits all. But I am also waiting to see where this 'black robe brigade' is going. Funny I missed Rick Warren up there did see Hagee though, if and I say if this is some march to unite under one kinda of religion Warren and other mega church guys should have been in the mix I would think. From what I gather most all those involved are within the christian churches.

What is your opinion of all those men and woman who stood with Beck, who uphold the idea that our rights are given by God, who stand with Becks thinking that all men need God and that all men need to turn their hearts and men to Him and get on their knees and pray for His guideance and that we as Americans as men and woman need to restore honor and truth within ourselves and our nation? Everyone of those men and woman have churches and pulpits do you think they are all trying to subvert peoples minds with their own doctrine as you think Beck is doing to all who watch and listen to him? Forgive me if that is not the message that you are trying to warn about but its what I am getting that no one should watch Beck because he is teaching some false gospel or message, that you believe he is trying to bring forth some LDS teachings in his message. Everyone should always be careful what they take as complete truth everyone should search all things and prove they are from God, then leave the rest of the nonsense alone.

The original Black Robe Regiments were Christian denominations only. The current one is made up of 240 men and women of all Faiths. :blink: The British would burn up the Christian Churches only when they entered an area because of the Regiment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Mt 3:2

And saying, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mt 3:3

For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

There was no Greater prophet born of men. :wub:

Followed by this;

Mt 4:17

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

I have formulated three questions that I believe need to be answered.

1.) What is Glenn Beck trying to Save?

2.) Why is he trying to Save it?

3.) How will this be accomplished?

I have thought about it and honestly I have answers to these questions after years of listening to and watching Beck. I have also read two of his books. I recently quit listening to him.

peace,

Dave

Dave -

What you are saying here sounds like a proposal to basically walk away from political rallying and focus your/our energy on the Gospel period.

Is that what the Lord is putting on your heart, you think?

The more I'm participating in The Burn, the less I feel like debating politics and the more I feel like presenting Jesus (i.e. on FaceBook, on the Boards).

I believe that Politics is fine, but to save the Constitution or stirve to preserve the Nation is a dead end if we don't see a Revival. We will just be an immoral and irrelgious people who will continue to ignore the Constitution. What good is it then?

I feel that if we don't present the Gospel every where and any where we are in deep do do. Our God is the only One who can Save. :wub:

I don't see that happening anywhere Dave. So my question is "Is what Glenn Beck doing better than nothing?" Because I personally don't see much of anything else going on.

I do see in most of the Mormans I know a deeply devoted person with high moral standards. While I don't agree with a whole lot of thier religon, all that I know have very high morals as far as I can tell outwarrdly..... and right now that's what Beck is asking Americans to be. A moral people who are seaking God. If people start doing so, it is our Job to make sure they find the real one. But this may well be a great oppertunity to interface with people who are looking.. If we don't the Mormons and JW' will.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Just so you know, when I wrote the article on the event -- I was reporting as an event being observed by a Christian.

I posted a blog piece about why I wrote the article.

With that being said, I saw an event where people could gather together based on God-fearing principles for a restoration of what they believe America should be and praising those principles which should be honored in society.

Do I wish that someone else would bring the message to America? Absolutely! But I'm not seeing anyone stand up boldly and the reality is the reason why we're in this mess is because nobody stood up and made a stand when it was needed most!

But for what it was -- I saw a gathering of patriotic, God-fearing Americans standing together on Biblical principles. If anything, that part of the event should be praised by Christians.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

It was a good blog, George.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Dave -

What you are saying here sounds like a proposal to basically walk away from political rallying and focus your/our energy on the Gospel period.

Is that what the Lord is putting on your heart, you think?

The more I'm participating in The Burn, the less I feel like debating politics and the more I feel like presenting Jesus (i.e. on FaceBook, on the Boards).

Neb, what's "The Burn"?