• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Blessings Rick!

Do you believe there is only one truth?

Yep. But there might be more than one understanding of that truth. With issues like this, both can't be right; yet each believe that what they believe is the correct interpretation and firmly grounded in Scripture. Neither group will be moved from their position until the time has come and the Lord explains it to us.

Do you believe that God will actually do what we read in Revelation, the seven seals, seven trumpets and seven bowls? If so, when do you believe they will come about?

They could happen in seven days. I kinda see the bowl judgments like those He put on Egypt and where we all kinda think they happened over a period of time they may have happened much closer together than we can imagine, all speculation of course but interesting stuff.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Blessings Rick!

Do you believe there is only one truth?

Yep. But there might be more than one understanding of that truth. With issues like this, both can't be right; yet each believe that what they believe is the correct interpretation and firmly grounded in Scripture. Neither group will be moved from their position until the time has come and the Lord explains it to us.

Do you believe that God will actually do what we read in Revelation, the seven seals, seven trumpets and seven bowls? If so, when do you believe they will come about?

They could happen in seven days. I kinda see the bowl judgments like those He put on Egypt and where we all kinda think they happened over a period of time they may have happened much closer together than we can imagine, all speculation of course but interesting stuff.

I agree that it will not be spread out over seven years. Those who follow the seven year tribulation also say that the first 3 1/2 years will be peaceful, then the man of perdition is exposed, followed by the latter 3 1/2 years which will be war like. Exactly how the events will unfold is not known. We can try to place them in a time line, but the best we can do is analyze the prophecies and conclude what we believe will happen .

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Let me put my two cents into this seven year tribulation idea. The belief comes from more than Daniel's 70th week. It also comes from Israel's "seven times' punishment mentioned in Leviticus. Later in Jeremiah, it talks about "the time of Jacob's trouble". Then all thru the bible, there are coded mathematical meanings involving times, times and dividing of time, 42 months, 1260, 2520, and 7 years (or, a "week"). E.W. Bullinger entertained the idea that it was based on a Saros cycle and a multiple of 70 Saros cycles of 70 x 18 years (rounded to the nearest year making the bible replete with the numbers such as 594 and 666 (the sum of which is 1260). In short, the bible is a very mathematical book understood by some with such a knack.

In the seven times (year) punishment, in which the Lord assigns a day to a year in Ezekiel, the punishment of Israel would be 2520 years. That was called the long fulfillment. The short one (the Tribulation) would then be a literal 7 years. To check the validity of the latter, we look to history to see the fulfillment of the 2520 year prophecy. Bullinger wrote his books back in the late 1800's and made a prophecy based on 2520 years regarding Jerusalem. I won't enter very detail but the first mark is when Babylon commenced as a Kingdom in 625BC. 2520 years later brought one to about 1896. This date he claimed was the End of the "fullness of the Gentiles" and thus implying a new Israel as the people would not be exiled from their land.

He did not do a bad job as we know that the last oppressor, the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) was defeated by the British in 1917 (a major historical date) which paved the way for Israel to become a nation again. If we look back 2520 years, we see that this comes out to 604BC, about the time Babylon first came against Jerusalem, and thus the start of that punishment. IMO, Bullinger just used a wrong starting date because had he used that date, he would have been dead on.

But, where do we get the 2520 years from? It comes from a 7-year interval in prophecy regarding that actual number of days. We expended the meaning to the long fulfillment due to the passage in Ezekiel. Since that's adding an extra dimension, which we saw actually came to pass and was proven, then the literal days (which is the foundation) also has credence.

I have no problem if some Christians want to believe in a shorter Tribulation period, and as a matter of fact, I wished they were right. But I just wanted to mention that the 7-year time frame is not without many mathematical references in the bible.

Punishment of Israel for what?:blink::noidea:

I won't enter very detail but the first mark is when Babylon commenced as a Kingdom in 625BC. 2520 years later brought one to about 1896. This date he claimed was the End of the "fullness of the Gentiles" and thus implying a new Israel as the people would not be exiled from their land.

That is anti-semitic LDS Religious tripe.:thumbsup:

Please, I'm not LDS nor am I anti-Semitic. I support the new state of Israel very plainly and openly, as I'm sure most of these fine posters here do.

Now.... we should get back to the subject at hand, and the mathematics involved. There's no room with mathematics to jest....

Jest Or Not, One Can Not Leave Israel Out Of The Tribulation

For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion. Isaiah 34:8

Without Leaving The Tribulation Completely

For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen. Ezekiel 30:3

It Just Does Not Add Up!

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? Revelation 6:14-17

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

i never do understand why people feel it's so important to cram their view of the tribulation/rapture/etc down others throats. this is not critical to salvation. what is critical is what we believe about Jesus. and hopefully everyone reading this is on the same page there, so regardless of how it all happens, we WILL see each other in the next millenium.

in the meantime, i find these "discussions" wholly unedifying. so i choose not to read them. but i just really can't help but ask, why IS it that others feel it is their job to debate the dickens out of a non-essential doctrine? especially when it usually boils down to everyone insulting each other. very unchristlike.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,221
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i never do understand why people feel it's so important to cram their view of the tribulation/rapture/etc down others throats. this is not critical to salvation. what is critical is what we believe about Jesus. and hopefully everyone reading this is on the same page there, so regardless of how it all happens, we WILL see each other in the next millenium.

in the meantime, i find these "discussions" wholly unedifying. so i choose not to read them. but i just really can't help but ask, why IS it that others feel it is their job to debate the dickens out of a non-essential doctrine? especially when it usually boils down to everyone insulting each other. very unchristlike.

because discussing things is why we come here.... Why do you come here??????

Guest shiloh357
There is no mention anywhere in the Bible of a seven year tribulation.

That seems to the crux of the author's point. The phrase "7-year tribulation" is not a biblical phrase. However, the terms grandfather, trinity, legalism, and a host of other phrases we use to describe biblical concepts are not in the Bible either. That does not stop us from applying them in a biblical framework, though. Basing an argument on what is not there is not exactly compelling.

to discuss things.

but i don't come here to beat dead horses. i don't come here to insult others (although i guess sometimes it happens!) and mostly, i come here to be edified. have any of these endless debates on the rapture ever edified anyone? because all i've ever seen is it become a mud-slinging contest where everyone thinks they're right and everyone else is wrong.

but really, i was just musing. i probably should have kept my thoughts to myself because i really don't want a reason to keep coming back to this thread. and i'm pretty sure those who enjoy arguing about when or if the rapture will happen don't really want me to keep coming back either. so, i'll wander off into threads that have more interest to me and leave ya'll to your (*ahem*) "discussion". (*cough*)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

to discuss things.

but i don't come here to beat dead horses. i don't come here to insult others (although i guess sometimes it happens!) and mostly, i come here to be edified. have any of these endless debates on the rapture ever edified anyone? because all i've ever seen is it become a mud-slinging contest where everyone thinks they're right and everyone else is wrong.

but really, i was just musing. i probably should have kept my thoughts to myself because i really don't want a reason to keep coming back to this thread. and i'm pretty sure those who enjoy arguing about when or if the rapture will happen don't really want me to keep coming back either. so, i'll wander off into threads that have more interest to me and leave ya'll to your (*ahem*) "discussion". (*cough*)

That is a good question, Sis! It's too bad that all those who come here and just read do not tell us what they have gained from such debates, be it loving or not. I know that it is hard to see others slammed, and I really don't enjoy it either, yet I still can learn if I step back and not allow the demeaning blind me to the message. I too have been the cause of such pain in others, which I always regret after awhile. Still, there is always a lesson somewhere to learn.

.... I'm definitely not leaving Israel out....

:thumbsup:

Amen!

The Tribulation

It''s All About The LORD Jesus

And His Wonder And His Power And His Love

Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. Zechariah 2:10

For He Is Faithful

And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever. 2 Samuel 2:35

And True

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Any Excuse To Post The Truth.

Bless You!