Burning_Ember

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I interviewed several people and got a fairly good idea of what people think about things and why.

Ask away guys.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Why don't you just give us a summary?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I interviewed several people and got a fairly good idea of what people think about things and why.

Ask away guys.

Did you videotape the interviews?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

New York City is pretty Liberal-minded.

But my first question would be - what part of New York did yo visit? Manhattan or Queens or the Bronx . . . ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

First we should know what your sample size and demographics is like.

Did you only talk to Americans? Foreign born residents? Young or old or mix? Only in one area of the city? Only one job industry?

Ask away guys.

Did you videotape the interviews?

Most of them yes. Some people didn't wish to be videotaped, or it was a very brief discussion of less than 30 seconds, or there was some weird thing that happened.

As for a Brief summary of my trip, it went like this.

The 9th, I arrived, and I attended a poetry reading in Brooklyn regarding 9/11. There were many different views, ways that people expressed them, and political views. But there was a common theme. Everyone suffered. It didn't matter whether someone was a Democrat or Republican, black, white, lesbian, old, young (all things that were mentioned) everyone suffered. Most importantly, if people had the strength to get past their fear, everyone tried to help.

The 10th was largely a walk around the city day. I attempted to find the Vigil, but got lost in Manhattan. I saw a few memorials for firefighters, the city setting up the official memorial for 9/11 families, two beams shooting up into the sky to represent the Twin Towers, the Construction site, had some NY Pizza, and then went to sleep.

The next day, the 11th, I talked to lots of people, and saw a lot as well. I saw fewer signs than I thought I would. I saw signs ranging from Bigotry and Racism in New York City, to "Bigots are American too", a T-Shirt that said "America is Full", several signs that said "Why Here?", some people with T-Shirts saying 9/11 was an inside job, "Jobs and The Economy" instead of focusing on the Mosque, a little Muslim Girl holding a small-ish sign with an American Flag drawn on it that said "I love USA", several signs speaking of co-existing between all Religions in New York, a few signs about Sharia Law being Implemented in America, and one sign (this guy was serious) with a sign that said Russia was behind 9/11.

I'd say at the very least, 40% of the people in any immediate area around you (as high as 70% in the immediate area, depending on where you stood) would be least somewhat calm, and were able to discuss things fairly rationally. 20%-50% (again, depending on where you were) were fairly emotional, and didn't discuss things fairly rationally. 10% Go in their own special category of being, well, 'unique', in that they were very outside of mainstream thought, or ended up behaving more extreme. Russian Guy, people in the 9/11 Truth movement, people who got into fights/major shouting matches that had to be broken up by police, etc. In my immediate vicinity, I personally saw at least half a dozen fights get broken up, I didn't catch most of those on film. I saw an ambulance nearby, and I believe someone had to be taken by ambulance from one fight. I wasn't everywhere though, that's just what I saw.

The 12th I flew home, which was largely all that happened that day.

But yes, I could probably write a 30 page paper on the whole thing, so instead of doing that, you guys have to ask more specifically for now. :laugh: I have a combined total of about 3-4+ hours of audio/video that I have to sort through and edit the video/audio portions together (I had a video and an audio device, largely, the audio from my video device was nearly unusable), so that is going to take a while to clean up and put together.

New York City is pretty Liberal-minded.

But my first question would be - what part of New York did yo visit? Manhattan or Queens or the Bronx . . . ?

Mainly Manhattan. I was in in Brooklyn as well.

First we should know what your sample size and demographics is like.

Did you only talk to Americans? Foreign born residents? Young or old or mix? Only in one area of the city? Only one job industry?

As far as who I talked to, it varied quite a bit, I spoke with some younger people in their 20's, some people in their 30's, and some people in their 40's-50's (I think). Largely I spoke with people on the 11th, near the sites of the protests. Generally, people at the Pro-Mosque rally were younger and more liberal, people at the Anti-Mosque rally were older and more conservative of course, there were exceptions.

Mostly I spoke with Americans, born in America, varying jobs. One or two foreign born people.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

So many people died and prayers should be made for them and their families. Instead many take the opportunity to turn it for their own self-interest. On the one hand there are soldiers dying as they tell us to fight extremist muslims. On the other the same people tell us that a mosque should be built there.

You should distribute your findings BE.

Blessings