Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0

I think there's two kinds of fear: the right kind fear whereby we are prompted towards obedience and the other kind of fear that seems to drive people towards panic...

I totally agree that we should "fear" God in this regard: we should honor and reverence Him, and hence be prompted towards obedience.

But we don't want to "live in fear". I've known some people who are frightened that there's a demon around every corner.

Since we can't see into the spirit world, it doesn't matter to me if there is. I know who controls the universe.

My only concern is obedience. When we obey, we really don't have much to fear.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

:butbut:  :P  :D  Luke 12:2-12 - "Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 3 Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. 4 "I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear him! 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. 8 "And I tell you, every one who acknowledges me before men, the Son of man also will acknowledge before the angels of God; 9 but he who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God. 10 And every one who speaks a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. 11 And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious how or what you are to answer or what you are to say; 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."   :exclaimation:  :king:  :thumb:  :D

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

None of us knows what the future holds for ourselves except that which is revealed in the word of God.  We are told that

god has not given us a spirit of fear therefore we trust in our saviour.  But, also our bodies are the temple of the Lord.  We must take care of them and not do stupid things with them.  So by all means take what ever precautions comfort you.  If buying duct tape and plastic sheeting comfort you and make you feel safer there is no harm done.  We are living in perilous times and I believe that God has a job for each and every one of us.  If you are being woke up in the middle of the night perhaps God wants you to study his word or to pray.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:sleeping: Hi, I was awaken again. I prayed this morning. I am not afraid. I am amazed. I really feel sorry for the people who do not see and feel what is going on. I think the US is spreading it self thin. Keep watch my bothers and sisters. The time is near. :exclaimation:

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

It is growning stronger!  I am seeing a unity in what many are saying here, in regard to the messages the pastors are giving to their flocks.  I am hearing (within my own church as well), that we had better get our garments washed, and become presentable.  I keep hearing this message over and over again.  And if we continue in specific prayer for this nation, and for the Lord to help us and deliver us, if we will continue to humble ourselves and pray. What will that testimony say to the rest of the world?  But we must be identified as His.  It is possible for His Mighty Power to be revealed in a nation that has become the outcast of the world.  But that is only if we will repent and turn back to Him!  Let us keep praying and examining ourselves to see what we are called to do as His children, and then let us do it!  Let us walk in faith and have our words about Him prove true!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

Okay, Suzanne..I will fast and pray tomarrow.

God is so good and I trust Him.

But what frightens me is that so many people in our country are not  :inlove:    in love with God.

I wish they were. I wish they would flock to Him out of love and not out of fear or desperation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:D My church is in constant prayer for our armies. I am praying for GWB because he needs guidence in this time of touble. :exclaimation:

Guest Sportster

It's one thing to say 'don't be afraid'...it's another one ENTIRELY to do it! Trust me on this one....if and when things start going south very quickly,don't be surprised if you suddenly find fear in your heart. I'm not talking about paralyzing of the devil fear. I'm talking about natural fear,for your life,for your loved ones. The loved ones part is what gets me....I've got a little 2 yr old girl and twins on the way...go on and tell me 'don't fear'....I do every day for their well being. I understand God is love and He has a plan.....but I also remember what millions of Jews went through during the Holocaust.....to say and to do are two totally different animals....lets hope we don't find this out soon....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Sportster,

I'm hearing you Brother! I have 2 little ones myself. A 6 year old and a 4 year old.

I have worried incessantly about them.

The Lord has put it this way to me lately. I will keep what is mine. My children know the Lord as best they can for their age. I don't believe they are yet accountable. Not having the capacity to yet reason what you and I know. I do know this If terrible times do come? (I'm on the side that they are even now starting) He will take care of what's his. Know one or spiritual being can snatch what is his from out of his strong hands.He has the key's to death. Glory! He will defeat all his enemy's. Amen! This he began at the cross and will end it at the ressurection at his second coming. Maranatha!

I was afraid of what is to come. As I have grown in Christ I no longer fear. These things must come to pass.

I was afraid at first to give myself over to the Lord. Then I was afraid to let go of the World. Then I was afraid to testify. Then I was afraid to rely on Him. Slowly every time I was afraid I stepped out in Faith and he caught me up. :thumb:

Physical fear is with everyone. I'm deathly afraid of height's.

These good people speak of fear not in the Spiritual sense. G-d is in his Heaven directing the scene and everything will work out for his Glory..

I just finished a C.S. Lewis book entitled The Great Divorce. Wow! What a read. It's not Biblically accurate but it gives a picture of the behind the scene's forces keeping us from the kingdom, that has already come. It deepend my understanding of how if you let go of fear it can turn into something beautiful. Anything you let go of for G-d can become an asset a tool for your growth in Christ.

Have peace dear Brother,

Peace :inlove: Amen