• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes I am under grace, but I still do not feel the freedom to eat meat I KNOW is offered to idols. If I am not aware of it, then fine, but if I have full knowledge of the offering of it to idols... nope.

There is a difference between eating in ignorance, and eating in full knowledge, as Paul pointed out.

No offense or condemnation from me Fez, I just disagree with you.

No sweat Sister, we can't agree on everything, that would be boring :emot-hug:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Yes I am under grace, but I still do not feel the freedom to eat meat I KNOW is offered to idols. If I am not aware of it, then fine, but if I have full knowledge of the offering of it to idols... nope.

There is a difference between eating in ignorance, and eating in full knowledge, as Paul pointed out.

No offense or condemnation from me Fez, I just disagree with you.

No sweat Sister, we can't agree on everything, that would be boring :emot-hug:

I could do with some 'boring' for a while :laugh::taped::emot-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1991

Okay, I have a question that goes hand in hand with this topic. Do you go into businesses that have a shrine to their god in their business? I know that a lot of the nail salons and chinese food places have buddas with food offerings and incense offerings on a continuous basis. Do you avoid these places for the sake of a fellow believer?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This is a real life Christian living question that came up today.

My favorite pakistani restaurant closed its doors (Im sulking) so we are looking for a new one. One in our area advertises itself as halel, meaning the food was done according to islamic dietary specifications. As in sacrificed/ blessed by imam. Im sure other pakistani places are too, but they are not advertised that way with a big neon sign. I personally feel too uncomfortable eating their food at this particular restaurant.

Question, scripturally, what is the correct course of action?

Ayin, I'm sort of confused about something. It is my understanding that halel is only stating how the food was prepared, and it doesn't have anything to do with being sacrificed to an idol. You might stretch it into that if the Imam is actually blessing the food to Allah, but is he really doing that or just certifying that it has been properly prepared. There is nothing wrong with eating kosher food as far as I know.

It seems to me that there is a difference even in having the food blessed and having it sacrificed to Allah. It is my understanding that Muslims do not sacrifice anything to Allan except their wills. The sacrificial way of killing is simply to kill the animal (including humans) in as quick and painless was as possible and make sure that the body bleeds out as much as possible.

They don't actually sacrifice to Allah as the Jews do to God.

However, if it violates your conscious, I would not eat of it. Unless you can convince yourself that what they do is no actually sacrificing the food or animals to an idol.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Okay, I have a question that goes hand in hand with this topic. Do you go into businesses that have a shrine to their god in their business? I know that a lot of the nail salons and chinese food places have buddas with food offerings and incense offerings on a continuous basis. Do you avoid these places for the sake of a fellow believer?

I've never heard or heard of a fellow believer having a faith problem on account of my going to one of these places.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I've never heard or heard of a fellow believer having a faith problem on account of my going to one of these places.

Amen. We buy some stuff like rice and almonds from Indian spice shops that burn incense in the shop.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

This is a real life Christian living question that came up today.

My favorite pakistani restaurant closed its doors (Im sulking) so we are looking for a new one. One in our area advertises itself as halel, meaning the food was done according to islamic dietary specifications. As in sacrificed/ blessed by imam. Im sure other pakistani places are too, but they are not advertised that way with a big neon sign. I personally feel too uncomfortable eating their food at this particular restaurant.

Question, scripturally, what is the correct course of action?

Ayin, I'm sort of confused about something. It is my understanding that halel is only stating how the food was prepared, and it doesn't have anything to do with being sacrificed to an idol. You might stretch it into that if the Imam is actually blessing the food to Allah, but is he really doing that or just certifying that it has been properly prepared. There is nothing wrong with eating kosher food as far as I know.

It seems to me that there is a difference even in having the food blessed and having it sacrificed to Allah. It is my understanding that Muslims do not sacrifice anything to Allan except their wills. The sacrificial way of killing is simply to kill the animal (including humans) in as quick and painless was as possible and make sure that the body bleeds out as much as possible.

They don't actually sacrifice to Allah as the Jews do to God.

However, if it violates your conscious, I would not eat of it. Unless you can convince yourself that what they do is no actually sacrificing the food or animals to an idol.

I know a muslim man in the Phoenix area who sacrificed animals, and gave the meat away to poor people. Not butchering, but actual sacrifice as part of an islamic ritual. So I do know that they do sacrifice in some way.

Our response to the halel sign is to avoid that restaurant. Ive been convicted by it both times Ive approached the place. So we are taking that to heart and going elsewhere.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-hug: hope you find somewhere even better to go to