• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Quote NPR.org;

NPR Ends Williams' Contract After Muslim Remarks

by David Folkenflik

October 21, 2010 NPR News has terminated the contract of longtime news analyst Juan Williams after remarks he made on the Fox News Channel about Muslims.

Williams appeared Monday on The O'Reilly Factor, and host Bill O'Reilly asked him to comment on the idea that the U.S. is facing a dilemma with Muslims.

O'Reilly has been looking for support for his own remarks on a recent episode of ABC's The View in which he directly blamed Muslims for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Co-hosts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg walked off the set in the middle of his appearance.

Williams responded: "Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Williams also warned O'Reilly against blaming all Muslims for "extremists," saying Christians shouldn't be blamed for Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh.

But strong criticism followed Williams' comments.

Late Wednesday night, NPR issued a statement praising Williams as a valuable contributor but saying it had given him notice that it is severing his contract. "His remarks on The O'Reilly Factor this past Monday were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR," the statement read.

Williams' presence on the largely conservative and often contentious prime-time talk shows of Fox News has long been a sore point with NPR News executives.

His status was earlier shifted from staff correspondent to analyst after he took clear-cut positions about public policy on television and in newspaper opinion pieces.

Reached late Wednesday night, Williams said he wasn't ready to comment and was conferring with his wife about the episode.

http://www.npr.org/t...0712737&ps=cprs

I wrote them a nice response in their comments to the Ombudsman section. :thumbsup:

Dear Ombudsman,

You sychophants have really gone totally PC insane. I was sorry to hear about your firing of Juan Williams over comments he made on Fox. His sentiments are exactly those of many American's. This doesn't make him a hate monger or anti muslim.

I never listen to NPR anyway. However, I certainly will not do so now. I'm sure Juan Williams was the one bright shining spot on your programming. I don't even like Juan Williams. Yet, he has expressed Liberty, Freedom, and the true sense of Free Speech. Meanwhile, you stand opposed. Sad!

Were you afraid of the muslim backlash?

Sadly, your ilk has shown once again who the truly intolerant really are.

Yours in disgust,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Quote NPR.org;

NPR Ends Williams' Contract After Muslim Remarks

by David Folkenflik

October 21, 2010 NPR News has terminated the contract of longtime news analyst Juan Williams after remarks he made on the Fox News Channel about Muslims.

Williams appeared Monday on The O'Reilly Factor, and host Bill O'Reilly asked him to comment on the idea that the U.S. is facing a dilemma with Muslims.

O'Reilly has been looking for support for his own remarks on a recent episode of ABC's The View in which he directly blamed Muslims for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Co-hosts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg walked off the set in the middle of his appearance.

Williams responded: "Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Williams also warned O'Reilly against blaming all Muslims for "extremists," saying Christians shouldn't be blamed for Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh.

But strong criticism followed Williams' comments.

Late Wednesday night, NPR issued a statement praising Williams as a valuable contributor but saying it had given him notice that it is severing his contract. "His remarks on The O'Reilly Factor this past Monday were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR," the statement read.

Williams' presence on the largely conservative and often contentious prime-time talk shows of Fox News has long been a sore point with NPR News executives.

His status was earlier shifted from staff correspondent to analyst after he took clear-cut positions about public policy on television and in newspaper opinion pieces.

Reached late Wednesday night, Williams said he wasn't ready to comment and was conferring with his wife about the episode.

http://www.npr.org/t...0712737&ps=cprs

I wrote them a nice response in their comments to the Ombudsman section. :thumbsup:

Dear Ombudsman,

You sychophants have really gone totally PC insane. I was sorry to hear about your firing of Juan Williams over comments he made on Fox. His sentiments are exactly those of many American's. This doesn't make him a hate monger or anti muslim.

I never listen to NPR anyway. However, I certainly will not do so now. I'm sure Juan Williams was the one bright shining spot on your programming. I don't even like Juan Williams. Yet, he has expressed Liberty, Freedom, and the true sense of Free Speech. Meanwhile, you stand opposed. Sad!

Were you afraid of the muslim backlash?

Sadly, your ilk has shown once again who the truly intolerant really are.

Yours in disgust,

Awesome response, Dave! No way Williams should have been fired for his even handed and perfectly reasonable remarks. I guess he's just too normal for the rabid, insane lefties at NPR. They are shuffling off into irrelevance even faster than before. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think ultimately NPR will come out on the short end of the stick on this. Personally I'd like to see Jaun get a show on Fox so I don't have to watch hanity or o'riley all night.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

They are afraid of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an organization which supports terrorist organizations and funds Hamas and Hezbollah through their "charities." Reference

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Juan Williams spoke the truth. Because of what radical Islamic s do, they are the responsible party for shining such a dark light on the rest of the Muslim community who would not do such an act, yet nobody can tell if someone is radical or not in any culture. Real radicals learn how to blend in. If NPR would do their homework, from what I remember, it has been Islamic radicals that have terrorized air traffic for years.

Think Brother Juan Talks Way Too Much Truth?

For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.

Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. Zechariah 2:8-10

Try The Word Of The LORD

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I think ultimately NPR will come out on the short end of the stick on this. Personally I'd like to see Jaun get a show on Fox so I don't have to watch hanity or o'riley all night.

Well, O.O., you got your wish. Rupert Murdoch hired him for an expanded role on Fox News this afternoon (he's already a paid contributor). Williams actually got a big boost in his career from this. I never thought he was liberal enough for NPR anyway. He is receiving statements of support from both sides of the ideological divide; from such diverse sources as Whoopi Goldberg and Bill O'Reilly. It seems everyone is bashing NPR over this unfair and moronic decision.