• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

KathyAnn, a happymeal is not a happy meal without a toy... but it would also not be a happy meal if it has broccoli in it.

Kids would ultimately be a lot happier with a home cooked meal and a loving hug from Mom or Dad :)

Not if it is related to broccoli..... it aint' even worth a hug.... :laugh:

We didn't have broccoli when I was a kid. Beans peas, corn and carrots was pretty much it for cooked veggies. Two kinds of pasta, spaghetti and macaroni. Never saw

a taco until the 90s. Only heard about it on the Partridge Family. Keith was always going for tacos.:)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

http://news.yahoo.co..._mcdonalds_toys

Unbelievable.:blink: Is this still America?:noidea:

Once again, you skew the facts. Happy meals are not banned at all. The law just says that certain nutritional guidelines must be met before a toy can be included. If McDonalds want to sell unhealthy Happy Meals without toys, they are free to do so. As a parent I think this is great.

From the article....

The law, like an ordinance passed earlier this year in nearby Santa Clara County, would require that restaurant kids' meals meet certain nutritional standards before they could be sold with toys.

True but Is Big Brother, er I mean Uncle Sam the Parent of the kids or are the parents? This is way to far overreaching the governments role! This is just like the person who tried to sue Mc Donald for making children fat. Who fed them on Mc Donald's exclusively? Who gave them the money who bought them the food. The parents. When I was growing up a Happy meal was an occasional treat and toy was fun.

If you like government control so much then go check out what life is like in North Korea or China. This is where this leads!

If you want to see what I mean then google "Ronald Regan Reflections" video I cannot post it here because the only place I could find it is on youtube.

Basically it says you belive that big government knows how to live your life better then you or God does.

KathyAnn, a happymeal is not a happy meal without a toy... but it would also not be a happy meal if it has broccoli in it.

Precisely! :thumbsup::24: The average kid looks pretty funny when confronted with broccoli! :laugh:

Why is yet another law/ordinance/gov't intrusion needed? People need to start making better decisions about what their kids eat. Be the parent, and don't let the kids eat McDonald's every day.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Kids would ultimately be a lot happier with a home cooked meal

You wouldn't say that if you grew up in my house.... ;)

The most interesting part of the meal is the toy. Give me a bigger oy and will eat the broccoli from time to time.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I think if we were able to get to the true heart of the matter, those wingnuts in S.F. just want to turn kids into little vegans...

So....what's wrong with being vegan???? :D

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Once again, you skew the facts. Happy meals are not banned at all. The law just says that certain nutritional guidelines must be met before a toy can be included. If McDonalds want to sell unhealthy Happy Meals without toys, they are free to do so. As a parent I think this is great.

From the article....

The law, like an ordinance passed earlier this year in nearby Santa Clara County, would require that restaurant kids' meals meet certain nutritional standards before they could be sold with toys.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

My kids like broccoli...

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

so do my grandchildren

ANY law can be passed to say what has to be served but who ( other than parent ) is going to pass the law that says the child has to EAT the stuff :noidea::noidea::noidea:

Here in the UK the happy meal can be made " more healthy " by adding carrot sticks, grapes/apple bags, chosing to not have chips, chosing milk as the drink or orange juice so what is the problem :noidea::noidea::noidea:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

so do my grandchildren

ANY law can be passed to say what has to be served but who ( other than parent ) is going to pass the law that says the child has to EAT the stuff :noidea::noidea::noidea:

Here in the UK the happy meal can be made " more healthy " by adding carrot sticks, grapes/apple bags, chosing to not have chips, chosing milk as the drink or orange juice so what is the problem :noidea::noidea::noidea:

The problem is that it's thoroughly UnAmerican to decide for people what they will eat and how they will eat it, as well as, what a business will sell and how they will sell it.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

It's funny that the same people who are against government intrusion on what garbage can be fed to your kids, are all for government intrusion on adults choosing to smoke pot.

I believe the end result of consuming McDonalds imitation food stuff is far deadlier than sucking on a spliff.

:)