IGNORED

I'm a sinner, but I'm a good person too.

kiwi5x

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Kiwi5x,

Great test for all, "The Good Test"

http://www.livingwaters.com/good/001b.shtml

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

So can I accept Christ knowing I've sinned, but not feel guilty and still have many questions? Or must I find all the answers first?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

We'd all be in trouble if we needed the answers first. Yes, you will always have questions and luckily God didn't say thou shalt feel guilty. Trust him to work it out for you.

So can I accept Christ knowing I've sinned, but not feel guilty and still have many questions? Or must I find all the answers first?

Lots Of Reasons To Turn Away

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

But It Is Written

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Trust Jesus

And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. Hebrews 2:13

Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/18/1984

Lots Of Reasons To Turn Away

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

But It Is Written

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Trust Jesus

And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. Hebrews 2:13

Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Amen!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I gave my life to Jesus when I was 4 or 5 years old. How much did I know about sin back then?

How about this, Kiwi -

Pray to the Lord, "Dear Holy Spirit, please convict my heart of anything in my life that is not pleasing to You."

John 16:8 - "And He [Holy Spirit], when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Kiwi, when you tell me that you accept Christ, what do you mean?

The Bible tells us that we should confess with our mouths that Jesus is our lord, and believe that the Father raised him from the dead. Is Jesus your Lord?"""" and don't take that question likely.

If you have actually made him your Lord (which means you will follow his instructions) and tell us so and believe the Father raised him from the dead, you are or will be saved..

If you do not believe, or you have not made him your Lord and/or not willing to tell everyone that you have....., then you are not saved....... no matter what. If you have done things that you know are wrong, I don't understand how you can not feel any guilt at all, that is not normal human behavior..... saved or not.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The Bible tells us that we should confess with our mouths that Jesus is our lord, and believe that the Father raised him from the dead. Is Jesus your Lord?"""" and don't take that question likely.

If you have actually made him your Lord (which means you will follow his instructions) and tell us so and believe the Father raised him from the dead, you are or will be saved..

If you do not believe, or you have not made him your Lord and/or not willing to tell everyone that you have....., then you are not saved....... no matter what. If you have done things that you know are wrong, I don't understand how you can not feel any guilt at all, that is not normal human behavior..... saved or not.

I mean accepting Christ for salvation - forgiveness of sins. You don't have to accept Him as your lord - that'd be adding works to salvation. Salvation will produce fruit though and when someone genuinely accepts Christ they usually end up making Him their Lord too, but it all doesn't have to happen in one day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I mean accepting Christ for salvation - forgiveness of sins. You don't have to accept Him as your lord - that'd be adding works to salvation. Salvation will produce fruit though and when someone genuinely accepts Christ they usually end up making Him their Lord too, but it all doesn't have to happen in one day.

Actually yes, When You accept Him, You are accepting Him as Lord. We are not saved as works, but we are saved through His sacrifice. That doesn't mean You wont struggle overcoming sin, or following Him, but that does mean You accept Him as Lord over Your life, to direct You.

When We come to accept Him, We nail ourselves to the Cross, and live in the newness of life in His resurrection.

Romans 6:8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

If Jesus is not your Lord, You do not know Him. This may be hard to realize but there is no middle ground. He is the true vine. Anyone who does not abide in the vine is cut off and cast out.

John 15:1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

Now how do we abide in Him, 1 John by keeping His commandments, That we trust in His Son Jesus Christ, and we love one another.

1 John 3:22-24 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us

If you're really serious.........you need to read and study your bible.