• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Anyone care to discuss living under grace?

There seems in some churches, the practicing of hyper grace. In that we can do anything in that Jesus told us we would, like drink poison,lay hands and heal, and more than He Himself did.

Someone gave a simple example to me the other day. Don't concern yourself with anything of the world; you are a dead man walking. For instance, if you walk into a supermarket to buy a bag of apples, don't even bother looking at the apples for bruises, they will be perfect if you live under perfect grace.

Anything is possible.

Where does grace start, and more importantly, where does it end? (In worldly terms?).

Somewhere between the Pharisees drum set and the hyper grace electric guitar, there has to be a place that grace rests.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

This is a misunderstanding of the spiritual concept of grace. Grace from a christian standpoint is about what Christ did for us (Romans 5:15) and how we should treat one another in relation to what Christ has done for us. God forgave us so we should forgive others (Matthew 6:14). Grace only covers the spiritual. If you jump in the Lions den then the lions will eat you. Grace doesn't mean bad things won't happen to you in this world (Matt 5:45) . It means that when you die God will save you to live with Him. This is why God gave you a brain. You need to use it to navigate through the perils of this life.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

name='Fez' timestamp='1291844664' post='1629361

Anyone care to discuss "living under grace?"

living "under" grace-----that's a pretty big word in there "under" hint of subjection eek

There seems in some churches, the practicing of hyper grace. In that we can do anything in that Jesus told us we would, like drink poison,"lay hands and heal, and more than He Himself did.

since there is no such thing as "hypergrace" there is nothing more, I can say.

Someone gave a simple example to me the other day. Don't concern yourself with anything of the world; you are a dead man walking. For instance, if you walk into a supermarket to buy a bag of apples, don't even bother looking at the apples for bruises, they will be perfect if you live under perfect grace.

As far as examples go they come cheaper than a dime a dozen and not even worth that. Stick to these examples solid as a Rock. 1 Corinthians 10

Psalms 1:1 "Blessed is the man that standeth not in the counsel of the ungodly"

the word "perfect" means "mature" many out in the world who are not taking responsibility for their own lives nor their own families, we say to them, "you ought to grow up, and start taking your responsibility. It is same way in the house of the Lord we are to be taught according to the Word of God and learn to walk accordingly to it this can be found in Ephesians 4:11-16 vs. 12) For the "perfecting" of the saints, for the work of the ministry. vs. 13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. Perfect once again means "mature"

Anything is possible.

Luke 1:37 -- For "with God" nothing shall be impossible.

Yes, Jesus was born of the virgin Mary there has not been a virgin birth before or after the birth of Christ. I would rather be "with God" and see the impossible than to have sight and can't see anything by faith.

Where does grace start, and more importantly, where does it end? (In worldly terms?).

For unto His Kingdom there is no "end" for by faith through grace though shalt be saved. Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Grace is the free gift of God given unto us by the shed blood of Jesus and not by anything we could or could not do for our ownselves.

"Grace" started in the garden of Eden and if it be possible that grace could come to an end in the midst of eternity somehow but I know by faith there is no end to the grace of God. For the blood of Jesus was enough.

Romans 5:12-21

Somewhere between the Pharisees drum set and the hyper grace electric guitar, there has to be a place that grace rests.

Forget the Pharisees drum the electric guitar of the non-existance of hyper grace. Grace is the gift of God and what couldn't be done Christ came and did for us. For while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly. The work done on the cross made it possible for the grace of God to rest upon our hearts and lives and as a result of that grace it aboundeth that much more.

Everything rest on the grace of God. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever "believeth" in him should not "perish" but hath "everlasting life"

Grace is received through faith and by grace ye are saved for it is the free gift of God. faith and grace lasts "forevermore" "resting" on the strong arm of the Lord. In him we live, we move, and we have, our being.

Ephesians 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

We are told that for willful sin after salvation 'there remaineth no sacrifice, but a certain dread, looking for judgment........'

Guest shiloh357

Anyone care to discuss living under grace?

There seems in some churches, the practicing of hyper grace. In that we can do anything in that Jesus told us we would, like drink poison,lay hands and heal, and more than He Himself did.

Anything is possible.

Living under grace is juxtaposed in Scripture with living "under the law." (Rom. 6:14) Living under the law and living under grace are often misinterpreted as "living within the framework of the law" and "living within the framework of grace."

"Under grace and "under law" are positional terms and they denote our positional standing before the Lord. To be under the law is the default state of all men at birth. You are born "under the law." You will live under the law until you are svaed. Until you are saved, you are dominated by sin and are spiritually dead. Essentially you are living in a state of condemnation as that is all the law offers the nonChristian.

Being "under grace" is the position of the saved individual. You have been taken out of Adam and placed in to Christ. You are no longer a servant of sin and you stand before Him in Christ and under His grace.

Now as for the practical application of grace, it needs to be understood that biblically speaking, living a life of grace on a daily basis precludes ungodly living. In fact, the grace of God is the expectation of godliness.

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (Titus 2:11-14)

Guest shiloh357

We are told that for willful sin after salvation 'there remaineth no sacrifice, but a certain dread, looking for judgment........'

That is a misrepresentation of the passage.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I have a bit of a different take on 'living under grace' when we look at the pictograph of hebrew or paleohebrew I see grace as a covering tent or as one person I know puts its like seeing a tent pitched over ones head no matter where they go that God covers us always. At the root of the word grace in hebrew are chen and nun and can be seen as protection of life, kinda like as we are called back to Him we are all living under His abode. It maybe be kinds simplistic but I like it.

So I have no idea how anyone can have 'hyper' grace or anything of the sort. And as long was one is walking with God in His ways grace is always with you and there is no end or beginning.

Guest shiloh357

I have a bit of a different take on 'living under grace' when we look at the pictograph of hebrew or paleohebrew I see grace as a covering tent or as one person I know puts its like seeing a tent pitched over ones head no matter where they go that God covers us always. At the root of the word grace in hebrew are chen and nun and can be seen as protection of life, kinda like as we are called back to Him we are all living under His abode. It maybe be kinds simplistic but I like it.

That is basically my point. You are "under grace" as a believer. It is a positional term.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,230
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thank goodness

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Thank goodness

What do people believe that passage means? I am honestly asking as I have always struggled with that passage.