IGNORED

Where did all the resurrected saints go?

sdktlk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

We see, "...Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many..." (Mat 27:50-53) Is it worthy of investigation to determine where these resurrected one's went, and does it has any relevance to us as Christians?

This story never happened. The Roman government added many pagan ideas to the writings of the saints before they produced the new testament. But first they removed any evidence of the true gospel to make sure they deceived the followers of the saints they killed. They spent three hundred years killing all the saints so they weren't about to let their followers become saints. Stories like this made them believe that the flesh of Jesus was God but that is just a lie.

John 6

63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

64: But there are some of you that do not believe." For Jesus knew from the first who those were that did not believe, and who it was that would betray him.

65: And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

What do you consider to be 'the true gospel', other than that which Paul states in 1 Cor 15? Are you gnostic?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The answer IS in the Bible and I would encourage you to search it out as, "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter." (Pro 25:2) As kings and priests unto the Lord if we want to see the glory of the Lord we need to diligently search for the answers to these things...which are indeed concealed in the Word.

sdktlk -

You are wrong. The glory of the Lord is not found in searching for answers to things concealed.

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not agape, I am nothing." (1 Cor. 13:2)

"Knowledge puffeth up , but agape edifieth ." (1 Cor. 8:1)

And don't forget what Solomon discovered about the search for wisdom and knowledge in Ecclesiastes, and what he found to be the duty of man.

You want to see the glory of the Lord? Obey the greatest command.

You want to see the glory of the Lord? Obey the second greatest command.

You want to see the glory of the Lord? Simply dwell in His presence.

Moses' face didn't shine like the sun from searching for concealed meanings to prophecy.

Isaiah and Ezekiel didn't see the Lord while searching the Scriptures.

Daniel didn't see any visions at the reading and understanding of the prophetic word.

The followers of Jesus were not holding a Bible study when the Holy Spirit came upon them on the day of Pentecost.

You want God's glory? You need His presence. You want His presence? You need to pursue Him. You need to live a life of love, as Jesus did.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

The answer IS in the Bible and I would encourage you to search it out as, "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter." (Pro 25:2) As kings and priests unto the Lord if we want to see the glory of the Lord we need to diligently search for the answers to these things...which are indeed concealed in the Word.

sdktlk -

You are wrong. The glory of the Lord is not found in searching for answers to things concealed.

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not agape, I am nothing." (1 Cor. 13:2)

"Knowledge puffeth up , but agape edifieth ." (1 Cor. 8:1)

And don't forget what Solomon discovered about the search for wisdom and knowledge in Ecclesiastes, and what he found to be the duty of man.

You want to see the glory of the Lord? Obey the greatest command.

You want to see the glory of the Lord? Obey the second greatest command.

You want to see the glory of the Lord? Simply dwell in His presence.

Moses' face didn't shine like the sun from searching for concealed meanings to prophecy.

Isaiah and Ezekiel didn't see the Lord while searching the Scriptures.

Daniel didn't see any visions at the reading and understanding of the prophetic word.

The followers of Jesus were not holding a Bible study when the Holy Spirit came upon them on the day of Pentecost.

You want God's glory? You need His presence. You want His presence? You need to pursue Him. You need to live a life of love, as Jesus did.

You are correct. As an example, when I see the Temple that the Lord is building in these last days, and I'm not referring to some brick and mortar thing, when I truly see Him and the glory of His plan it makes me bow my head and worship. Thank you Jesus!

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

We see, "...Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many..." (Mat 27:50-53) Is it worthy of investigation to determine where these resurrected one's went, and does it has any relevance to us as Christians?

Jesus (and His disciples) were always raising the dead--such as Lazarus. When Jesus rose from the dead, He resurrected many in like manner.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Jesus said many things that even his disciples couldnt get, why do we today think all there is to know is on a platter. I think some people would do well to hide their ignorance by remaining silent and learning. I am sure Elisha`s directions to bath in muddy waters would stumble many today also.

Sdktlk is offering inisight with a little digging, but some only want to know what they only know, time will reveal wisdom or not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This story never happened. The Roman government added many pagan ideas to the writings of the saints before they produced the new testament. But first they removed any evidence of the true gospel to make sure they deceived the followers of the saints they killed. They spent three hundred years killing all the saints so they weren't about to let their followers become saints. Stories like this made them believe that the flesh of Jesus was God but that is just a lie.

John 6

63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

64: But there are some of you that do not believe." For Jesus knew from the first who those were that did not believe, and who it was that would betray him.

65: And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

What do you consider to be 'the true gospel', other than that which Paul states in 1 Cor 15? Are you gnostic?

The revealing thing about the spirit of gnosticism is the desire of elevation of I am special.... I know special.... through me I will tell you... What an Angel :huh:

Thank God for the concrete Written Word for all the peoples, that the least to the greatest, may know all that The Lord has spoken!!! Love Steven

John 6

The revealing thing about the spirit of gnosticism is the desire of elevation of I am special.... I know special.... through me I will tell you... What an Angel :huh:

Thank God for the concrete Written Word for all the peoples, that the least to the greatest, may know all that The Lord has spoken!!! Love Steven

Dear Steven, You do not know me ... and I have at no time asked anyone to follow me. All I have said is that there are many things that are, and have been misunderstood with respect to the Word. All I have said all along is YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT THINGS FOR YOURSELF BEFORE GOD rather than just listen to me OR to those of whom you have been taught.

I suppose a good place for anyone to start is by praying the prayer the Apostle Paul prayed for the Ephesians in, " That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power, which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come: and has put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all to the church, which is His body, the fulness of Him that fills all in all." (Eph 1:17-23)

It is God's will that the eyes of our understanding be enlightened that we may know ... Therefore, it is a simple matter to bow our heads before the Lord and to ask Him for "the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him." "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He hears us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." (1Jn 5:14-15)

In this respect I would ask the saints of God to bow their heads before God, and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and follow me ....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

John 6

Dear Steven, You do not know me ... and I have at no time asked anyone to follow me. All I have said is that there are many things that are, and have been misunderstood with respect to the Word. All I have said all along is YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT THINGS FOR YOURSELF BEFORE GOD rather than just listen to me OR to those of whom you have been taught.

I suppose a good place for anyone to start is by praying the prayer the Apostle Paul prayed for the Ephesians in, " That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power, which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come: and has put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all to the church, which is His body, the fulness of Him that fills all in all." (Eph 1:17-23)

It is God's will that the eyes of our understanding be enlightened that we may know ... Therefore, it is a simple matter to bow our heads before the Lord and to ask Him for "the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him." "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He hears us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." (1Jn 5:14-15)

In this respect I would ask the saints of God to bow their heads before God, and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and follow me ....

As I was reading through this series pf posts, I do believe that Steven was responding to "candice" and "thewordofgod", not directly to you. Read it again to see if this is true.

Yet, there is a contradiction in what you posted ...

You opened with "I have at no time asked anyone to follow me" and ended with "In this respect I would ask the saints of God to bow their heads before God, and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and follow me ....". Which is it? Are you asking us to follow you or not??

In His Love,

Alan

John 6

As I was reading through this series pf posts, I do believe that Steven was responding to "candice" and "thewordofgod", not directly to you. Read it again to see if this is true.

You opened with "I have at no time asked anyone to follow me" and ended with "In this respect I would ask the saints of God to bow their heads before God, and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and follow me ....". Which is it? Are you asking us to follow you or not??

In His Love,

Alan

Brother Alan, My statement "follow me" was only with respect to praying the prayer. Nothing more, nothing less. :b:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

John 6

In His Love,

Alan

Brother Alan, My statement "follow me" was only with respect to praying the prayer. Nothing more, nothing less. :b:

Thank you for the clarification. Maybe through this, we all can see that how we chose our words determine what others read. I learned a very long time ago to re-read what I type, as if I was reading it for the first time, to ensure what I want to say is what I am really saying. We may know what we mean, but others may not. The words we chose determine the course we take. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks ... or in this case, the fingers type. "Join me" may of been a better choice of words. Just a suggestion ...

God Bless.