IGNORED

Where does the idea of a natural rebuilt Temple come from?

sdktlk

Guess I just lost everyone... no answers?

Sorry, I never know when I'm going to have internet because I travel constantly.

so....

It is difficult to see this as is referring to the destruction of Jerusalem, as horrible as it might have been. For the event mentioned here is "unequaled from the beginning of the world until now - and NEVER to be equaled again." Titus in 70 A.D., doesn't seem likely to be this spoken of here.

Why not? The disciples were asking specifically about the Temple and Jerusalem so why wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that was what He was answering?

The view that He will destroy the enemies who come against Jerusalem was exactly what Israel was expecting from a Messiah. Instead they got desolation...and they were dispersed into the nations and the gospel of Yeshua went with them.

But destroying the nations who come up against Jerusalem is the very purpose of His second coming, so according to the scriptures, it will never be equaled again.

I would imagine the reference to Antiochus would be from Daniel 8:9 where "a little horn" comes into view. If we look at the kingdoms revealed in Daniel we see a progression from the Medo-Persian Empire, which is said to have "became great." (Dan 8:4) Next we see the Grecian Empire said to have "waxed very great," (Dan 8:8,) and then this "little horn" is declared by the Spirit to have "waxed exceeding great." By this revelation of the Lord the last kingdom being spoken of here becomes greater than the two proceeding it. Antiochus was anything but exceeding great, he was small potatoes in the over all scheme of things.

For a season, Antiochus declared himself a god over Israel, but Alexander never did that. That seems like exceeding great in arrogance to me.

........ 45 Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him.

But I see the prophecies occuring in cyclical seasons with several points on a greek linear line. It has happened, is happening, and is still yet to come.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Masons would like to rebuild Solomon's temple.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

This revelation from the Lord was very devastating to her because those (the leaders, the teachers, the pastors, the evangelists, the prophets,) who were suppose to know these things and seemed to know the Bible through and through, could not see this? After the initial heartbreak and distress her question then became, "If they can't see this simple concept what else have they gotten wrong?"

The problem is prophecy has been interpreted through the ages by evangelists, pastors, and teachers. Real prophets have been few and far between. Even though we have more prophets now than we did even 10 years ago, most are in the infancy and childhood stages of their gift and calling. That's why there are so many still working out the kinks of what was the Lord and what wasn't (I've been around and exposed to many prophetic words that didn't come about, and I believe this has more to do with it than anything else).

Interpreting prophecy takes divine revelation in and of itself. You will note than only two people in the New Testament, Simeon and Anna, were prepared for the birth of the Messiah when He came.

Too many Christians are trying to make heads and tails out of Revelation without such divine revelation, and that's why so many are getting so much wrong.

My wife's dismay is that how can they not see what an abomination a rebuilt temple where they offer up sacrifices would be to God, as Jesus made the last real sacrifice that will ever be honored by God. The idea that any sacrifice or oblation made of a natural kind would carry any weight before God, except to be a stench in His nostrils, after the Sacrifice of His Son should be extremely easy to see.

Edited by sdktlk

Sorry, I never know when I'm going to have internet because I travel constantly.

so....

It is difficult to see this as is referring to the destruction of Jerusalem, as horrible as it might have been. For the event mentioned here is "unequaled from the beginning of the world until now - and NEVER to be equaled again." Titus in 70 A.D., doesn't seem likely to be this spoken of here.

Why not? The disciples were asking specifically about the Temple and Jerusalem so why wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that was what He was answering?

The view that He will destroy the enemies who come against Jerusalem was exactly what Israel was expecting from a Messiah. Instead they got desolation...and they were dispersed into the nations and the gospel of Yeshua went with them.

But destroying the nations who come up against Jerusalem is the very purpose of His second coming, so according to the scriptures, it will never be equaled again.

I would imagine the reference to Antiochus would be from Daniel 8:9 where "a little horn" comes into view. If we look at the kingdoms revealed in Daniel we see a progression from the Medo-Persian Empire, which is said to have "became great." (Dan 8:4) Next we see the Grecian Empire said to have "waxed very great," (Dan 8:8,) and then this "little horn" is declared by the Spirit to have "waxed exceeding great." By this revelation of the Lord the last kingdom being spoken of here becomes greater than the two proceeding it. Antiochus was anything but exceeding great, he was small potatoes in the over all scheme of things.

For a season, Antiochus declared himself a god over Israel, but Alexander never did that. That seems like exceeding great in arrogance to me.

But I see the prophecies occuring in cyclical seasons with several points on a greek linear line. It has happened, is happening, and is still yet to come.

The little horn is not Alexander as his empire is the one that "waxed very great." The "little horn" was of a greater nature than Alexander's empire and became "EXCEEDING GREAT." The only empire to fit that bill is the Roman Empire. Antiochus has no place in the prophecy of Daniel.

To reach all the way to Daniel 11:45 to try to shed some light on this kind of leaves me guessing? can't see what that portion of verse has to do with what's being discussed. In order to understand that verse one would have to understand at least ALL of Daniel 11. If we did have revelation on the entire chapter though we would understand that that verse is speaking of the Ottoman Empire.

Edited by sdktlk

so....

But I see the prophecies occurring in cyclical seasons with several points on a greek linear line. It has happened, is happening, and is still yet to come.

The little horn is not Alexander as his empire is the one that "waxed very great." The "little horn" was of a greater nature than Alexander's empire and became "EXCEEDING GREAT." The only empire to fit that bill is the Roman Empire. Antiochus has no place in the prophecy of Daniel.

To reach all the way to Daniel 11:45 to try to shed some light on this kind of leaves me guessing? can't see what that portion of verse has to do with what's being discussed. In order to understand that verse one would have to understand at least ALL of Daniel 11. If we did have revelation on the entire chapter though we would understand that that verse is speaking of the Ottoman Empire.

Never

After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. Daniel 7:7

Seen

Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet; Daniel 7:19

Before

Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. Daniel 7:23

Just Another Thought Or Two For Your Consideration

And the posts thereof were toward the utter court; and palm trees were upon the posts thereof, on this side, and on that side: and the going up to it had eight steps.

And the chambers and the entries thereof were by the posts of the gates, where they washed the burnt offering.

And in the porch of the gate were two tables on this side, and two tables on that side, to slay thereon the burnt offering and the sin offering and the trespass offering.

And at the side without, as one goeth up to the entry of the north gate, were two tables; and on the other side, which was at the porch of the gate, were two tables.

Four tables were on this side, and four tables on that side, by the side of the gate; eight tables, whereupon they slew their sacrifices.

And the four tables were of hewn stone for the burnt offering, of a cubit and an half long, and a cubit and an half broad, and one cubit high: whereupon also they laid the instruments wherewith they slew the burnt offering and the sacrifice.

And within were hooks, an hand broad, fastened round about: and upon the tables was the flesh of the offering.

And without the inner gate were the chambers of the singers in the inner court, which was at the side of the north gate; and their prospect was toward the south: one at the side of the east gate having the prospect toward the north.

And he said unto me, This chamber, whose prospect is toward the south, is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the house.

And the chamber whose prospect is toward the north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the LORD to minister unto him. Ezekiel 40:37-46

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

40:1-49 The Vision of the Temple. - Here is a vision, beginning at ch. 40, and continued to the end of the book, ch. 48, which is justly looked upon to be one of the most difficult portions in all the book of God. When we despair to be satisfied as to any difficulty we meet with, let us bless God that our salvation does not depend upon it, but that things necessary are plain enough; and let us wait till God shall reveal even this unto us. This chapter describes two outward courts of the temple. Whether the personage here mentioned was the Son of God, or a created angel, is not clear. But Christ is both our Altar and our Sacrifice, to whom we must look with faith in all approaches to God; and he is Salvation in the midst of the earth, Ps 74:12, to be looked unto from all quarters.

Is The LORD Once Again Setting His Festival Table For His Beloved Family?

And thou shalt rejoice in thy feast, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite, the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, that are within thy gates. Deuteronomy 16:14

A Thousand Year Continues Wedding Feast?

Wow!

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My wife's dismay is that how can they not see what an abomination a rebuilt temple where they offer up sacrifices would be to God, as Jesus made the last real sacrifice that will ever be honored by God. The idea that any sacrifice or oblation made of a natural kind would carry any weight before God, except to be a stench in His nostrils, after the Sacrifice of His Son should be extremely easy to see.

You want to really get hyped up? Research which Jews are behind the movement for the establishment of the Temple.

You want to really get hyped up? Research which Jews are behind the movement for the establishment of the Temple.

If it does happen to get built it will be nothing other than a lying wonder, and an affront to the Blood of Jesus. There would be nothing about it that could be blessed of God. Jesus is the Temple of the Living God that was torn down and raised again in three days. After His resurrection the Scriptures plainly state that the Temple that is now being built is the body of Christ, "Know you not that YOU ARE the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? (1Co 3:16) This work of God will never be set aside for some natural event, He will complete the Temple which He has set out to build. As harsh as it may sound anyone who speaks against this building of the Lord's House is speaking evil of the Word of God. That which is said is said to all who would try to take away from God's desire for His children to "grow up into Him in all things" (Ep 4:15,) "you are God's husbandry, you are God's building...let every man take heed how he builds thereupon." (1Co 3:9-10) YOU CANNOT SEPARATE THE HEAD FROM THE BODY.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think you missed my point.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If it does happen to get built it will be nothing other than a lying wonder, and an affront to the Blood of Jesus. There would be nothing about it that could be blessed of God. Jesus is the Temple of the Living God that was torn down and raised again in three days. After His resurrection the Scriptures plainly state that the Temple that is now being built is the body of Christ, "Know you not that YOU ARE the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? (1Co 3:16) This work of God will never be set aside for some natural event, He will complete the Temple which He has set out to build. As harsh as it may sound anyone who speaks against this building of the Lord's House is speaking evil of the Word of God. That which is said is said to all who would try to take away from God's desire for His children to "grow up into Him in all things" (Ep 4:15,) "you are God's husbandry, you are God's building...let every man take heed how he builds thereupon." (1Co 3:9-10) YOU CANNOT SEPARATE THE HEAD FROM THE BODY.

It is not the Messianic Jews that are going to rebuild the temple, but the Orthodox Jews, who don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

can't see what that portion of verse has to do with what's being discussed.

I see the prophecies occuring in cyclical seasons with several points on a greek linear line. It has happened, is happening, and is still yet to come.