• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

To show how great Jesus is, think about this.

Jesus is our guiding light, our savior and he gave it all for us, what a great love he has for us and we don't even deserve it.

Now think of it this way, as messed up as this world seems, think how much more this world would be messes up today, if it weren't for Jesus. To tell you the truth, it scares me to think what this world would be like if Jesus hadn't come to our rescue.

So yes there is a real superhero, his name is Jesus Christ and he don't need a mask.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

... I figure, at the end of the day, in order to believe all of the supernatural aspects of Jesus's story, one would first have to have faith in the Bible. I don't have faith in the Bible, so I don't believe any of the supernatural aspects of his story.

Not so quite. I had a different experience altogether, which started first by needing God pretty badly and asking Him to show me where He could be found. He led me to Jesus, I surrender my life to Him and--only then--I started believing the Bible.

Blessings.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I guess the eyewitness account in the Bible best talks about who He was. There weren't too many journalists in those days, you might try here: http://users.binary....carp/jesus.html

Have you pondered on any of the other questions?

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. :)

As for the other questions, I dunno, there have been other religions that have lasted a pretty long time and that were presumably thanks to one man (For example: Buddhism and Islam). I figure, at the end of the day, in order to believe all of the supernatural aspects of Jesus's story, one would first have to have faith in the Bible. I don't have faith in the Bible, so I don't believe any of the supernatural aspects of his story.

Bless you,

Buddha and Muhammed are bth dead and remain so. However, Jesus Christ lives.:thumbsup:

I asked you a question in another thread now closed. You stated that you didn't have faith in the bible then too. However, when asked you stated that Jesus was a man but didn't believe that He was Supernatural.

You answered partially about some of the things He had to say.:thumbsup: I'm wondering if you feel that some of the things He had to say have some merit or are worth following or living out? Were they Righteous?

Say something like;

Mt 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Peace,

Dave

Yeah, I think he had some good stuff to say. Certainly.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

The world teaches us about self. My whole young adult life was about me and how I felt. I think back and the only time I wasn't thinking of myself is when I when i fell in lust with girlfriends and my wife. I would eventually go back to focusing on myself and thats when troubles happened. I lived a lie for thirty years of my young adult life. I too had to come to the end of myself and ask God for help. The most important thing God is teaching me is how to love because I felt a small piece of His love. Love is something that has to be developed. You'll never find God if your continually looking in the mirror. Blessed are the one's who find God before tragedy happens.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Who is Jesus, Well, he's my Savior, my Lord, my priest, My brother and my friend.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I guess the eyewitness account in the Bible best talks about who He was. There weren't too many journalists in those days, you might try here: http://users.binary....carp/jesus.html

Have you pondered on any of the other questions?

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. :)

As for the other questions, I dunno, there have been other religions that have lasted a pretty long time and that were presumably thanks to one man (For example: Buddhism and Islam). I figure, at the end of the day, in order to believe all of the supernatural aspects of Jesus's story, one would first have to have faith in the Bible. I don't have faith in the Bible, so I don't believe any of the supernatural aspects of his story.

Bless you,

Buddha and Muhammed are bth dead and remain so. However, Jesus Christ lives.:thumbsup:

I asked you a question in another thread now closed. You stated that you didn't have faith in the bible then too. However, when asked you stated that Jesus was a man but didn't believe that He was Supernatural.

You answered partially about some of the things He had to say.:thumbsup: I'm wondering if you feel that some of the things He had to say have some merit or are worth following or living out? Were they Righteous?

Say something like;

Mt 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Peace,

Dave

Yeah, I think he had some good stuff to say. Certainly.

Cool.:thumbsup:

You believe that He walked the earth and that He had some good things, worthy of following, to say.

He had some other things to say too;

Joh 8:58

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

He claimed to be God in the flesh.:thumbsup:

Joh 8:51

You believe that He walked the earth and that He had some good things, worthy of following, to say.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Yes, you are quite right.:thumbsup: I like your passion and zeal.

Did any of them forgive men their sins? Make the blind to see? Rise from the dead?:noidea:

I'm not trying to challenge you. I'm trying to challenge your perspective.:wub:

Right. I'm sure many of these people claimed to be "miracle workers" of some kind. There were a few gods in ancient Greek religion that claimed to be miracle healers (including raising people from the dead).

If Jesus is a Righteous Dude then He certainly wouldn't have equated Himself with God. I mean if His teachings are worthy of following there must be some substance to the man. However, we can't just examine the parts of what He said that we can agree with logically. To be intellectually honest we must give the whole man and His whole witness an examination whether it curls our toes or not.:thumbsup: Especially when His claims are so bombastic.

Note to Candice; $5.00, Kachinga!:)

The man is obviously a liar, a lunatic, or He holds the Truth. If one part of what He's said doesn't hold water then we must discard the rest because He spoke of being God in the flesh and He spoke crazy things like this;

Joh 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Joh 6:54

Whosoever eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:55

For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

What's your take?

peace,

Dave

He seems to be saying, in a poetic way, that he is the only real nourishment man needs for salvation. Once they start "feeding on him" or following him, they will have eternal life.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1993

Yes, you are quite right.:thumbsup: I like your passion and zeal.

Did any of them forgive men their sins? Make the blind to see? Rise from the dead?:noidea:

I'm not trying to challenge you. I'm trying to challenge your perspective.:wub:

Right. I'm sure many of these people claimed to be "miracle workers" of some kind. There were a few gods in ancient Greek religion that claimed to be miracle healers (including raising people from the dead).

If Jesus is a Righteous Dude then He certainly wouldn't have equated Himself with God. I mean if His teachings are worthy of following there must be some substance to the man. However, we can't just examine the parts of what He said that we can agree with logically. To be intellectually honest we must give the whole man and His whole witness an examination whether it curls our toes or not.:thumbsup: Especially when His claims are so bombastic.

Note to Candice; $5.00, Kachinga!:)

The man is obviously a liar, a lunatic, or He holds the Truth. If one part of what He's said doesn't hold water then we must discard the rest because He spoke of being God in the flesh and He spoke crazy things like this;

Joh 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Joh 6:54

Whosoever eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:55

For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

What's your take?

peace,

Dave

He seems to be saying, in a poetic way, that he is the only real nourishment man needs for salvation. Once they start "feeding on him" or following him, they will have eternal life.

I agree. Jesus was being symbolic... He was the ultimate and final sacrifice for our sins, therefore we must "eat His flesh and drink His blood". Just like they ate sacrifices in the OT. He must be IN us, and if He is in us we are in Him.