Botanist

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a Seventh Day Baptist. In case you didn't see the word it is BAPTIST! I joined this forum because I saw that some had asked about us. I was born to a SDB family but when I got older I did a lot of studying because I wanted to be sure that if I was going to be different from mainstream Christianity, I wanted to know why. We teach that grace through faith in Jesus is the only way to salvation. We observe Saturday as Sabbath because we see no authorization for a day change in the Bible. We believe that what God has made holy cannot be made unholy. We are christians 24-7, but we meet together for formal worship on Saturday.

I would hope that no one here would tell you that your worship times are not correct as well as i would hope that you wouldn't tell us that we are wrong for meeting on Sunday..

This is a good example of love your neighbor as yourself and I view as seeking peace in Christ. The sabbath is the seventh day, and the first day is sunday. I worship everyday and seek the place of rest God has provided lf I may be found worthy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Hi, sdb deacon, nice to meet you!

I have come to believe that I should rest on Saturday as opposed to Sunday - haven't been able to find a group to fellowship with though. :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm a Seventh Day Baptist. In case you didn't see the word it is BAPTIST! I joined this forum because I saw that some had asked about us. I was born to a SDB family but when I got older I did a lot of studying because I wanted to be sure that if I was going to be different from mainstream Christianity, I wanted to know why. We teach that grace through faith in Jesus is the only way to salvation. We observe Saturday as Sabbath because we see no authorization for a day change in the Bible. We believe that what God has made holy cannot be made unholy. We are christians 24-7, but we meet together for formal worship on Saturday.

I would hope that no one here would tell you that your worship times are not correct as well as i would hope that you wouldn't tell us that we are wrong for meeting on Sunday..

This is a good example of love your neighbor as yourself and I view as seeking peace in Christ. The sabbath is the seventh day, and the first day is sunday. I worship everyday and seek the place of rest God has provided lf I may be found worthy.

Well, it might surprise you to know that I also think the sabbath is on saturday...... but I do group worship on Wednesdays and Sundays because group worshiping has really nothing to do with the sabbath and the rest we're supposed to be doing. Church is a lot of work for a lot of people and though it's worth the effort in so many ways, it is not the sabbath that we are supposed remember commandment.

But I'm sure that statement would carry out to another 500 post thread should everyone decide to take it up and I'm just not up to it myself.

BTW since the resurection of Christ, the sabbath is a way of life...... not a day of worship... he wants your whole life: body mind and soul, 24/7/365.25 and not one day a week.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i have a question and just out of curiosity what would be the reaction of a SDB church if a member said they will practice the sabbath on another day?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

i have a question and just out of curiosity what would be the reaction of a SDB church if a member said they will practice the sabbath on another day?

They would have to start a one-a-day baptist....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Well, it might surprise you to know that I also think the sabbath is on saturday...... but I do group worship on Wednesdays and Sundays because group worshiping has really nothing to do with the sabbath and the rest we're supposed to be doing. Church is a lot of work for a lot of people and though it's worth the effort in so many ways, it is not the sabbath that we are supposed remember commandment.

But I'm sure that statement would carry out to another 500 post thread should everyone decide to take it up and I'm just not up to it myself.

BTW since the resurection of Christ, the sabbath is a way of life...... not a day of worship... he wants your whole life: body mind and soul, 24/7/365.25 and not one day a week.

I thought you said you wouldn't take up the issue? But now that you couldn't resist, let me say I agree with what you say if I understand you correctly. I think it means where we become above reproach and quite working trying to prove we are righteous, because we have been made so through Christ. If the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

How you answer these Scriptures?

Rom 14:5-8

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

NKJV

Gal 4:9-11

9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

NKJV

Col 2:16

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

NKJV

Love Steven

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but concerning the Romans passage, if you can ignore the Sabbath commandment without a guilty conscience, that's your decision. The Romans passage is really talking about is relying on works for salvation. The same with your Galations quote. If we are doing something to get or to keep our salvation, then we have forgotten grace.

As for the Colossians passage, I'm not judging you regarding these things. Are you judging me?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

How you answer these Scriptures?

Rom 14:5-8

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

NKJV

Gal 4:9-11

9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

NKJV

Col 2:16

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

NKJV

Love Steven

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but concerning the Romans passage, if you can ignore the Sabbath commandment without a guilty conscience, that's your decision. The Romans passage is really talking about is relying on works for salvation. The same with your Galations quote. If we are doing something to get or to keep our salvation, then we have forgotten grace.

As for the Colossians passage, I'm not judging you regarding these things. Are you judging me?

Not me. I agree with your grace example. I also believe that because of it, we no longer live under the law, and as you correctly state, if we are doing something to get or keep our salvation, we have forgotten Grace.

So my question to you would be (out of interest, nothing more), Why then observe the sabbath on a Saturday? To mearly assuage our conscience if it has nothing to do with our salvation?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would never condemn anyone for meeting with others to worship God, regardless of the day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I would never condemn anyone for meeting with others to worship God, regardless of the day.

Amen to that!