Guest Tigershark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm thankful for your post BlindSeeker.......I could hear the crickets chirping....... :sleeping:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

:cool2:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Are we chosen as in selected from among the multitudes by the Lord?

OR do we in our freewill choose the Lord?

One thing God will never take away is our free will, our "right" to choose. How can we willingly serve Him if we don't have the choice?

If you choose to follow Jesus, YOU chose, God knew that and you can choose to quit or go on as you will. It's that simple. I think it's the "God knew that" part that throws us sometimes.

C.D. Light Posted on Nov. 07 2002,6:44

Are you saying that we are ALL chosen but that many reject the calling?

Actually, the scripture tell us that the call goes out to "Whosoever will . . . "

Everyone is called, beckoned, convicted by the Holy Spirit of sin, righteousness, and judgement so that they might seek God and find him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Matt714

Group: Members

Posted: Nov. 11 2002,6:53    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we chosen as in selected from among the multitudes by the Lord?

OR do we in our freewill choose the Lord?

One thing God will never take away is our free will, our "right" to choose. How can we willingly serve Him if we don't have the choice?

If you choose to follow Jesus, YOU chose, God knew that and you can choose to quit or go on as you will. It's that simple. I think it's the "God knew that" part that throws us sometimes.

C.D. Light Posted on Nov. 07 2002,6:44  However as for just who is the Elect at the endtime, I believe it to be Israel.

Isiah 45:4  Israel, mine Elect.

Is45:4 is quite true of the nation/people God chose to carry the "seed" of His future redemption of the world. After Jesus Christ came, all believers became Israel, His elect. Remember, not all Israel was saved in the old testament wrath upon the nation for forsaking God and His commandments.

Ac:28:28: Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

We have been grafted in.

1Co:12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph:3:6: That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

And we who follow Christ are His elect (the spiritual Israel)

Amen brother . I tried to make that very point in another section of the boards.About matthew 24 and who Jesus was speaking to(Elect). Maybe less than a month ago. You summed it up clear and concisely to the point.

Thank you for putting into words more clearly what I tried.

Peace :inlove: Amen

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

John 6

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Interesting response, OrangeNeck, and gets to the heart of my original question.

As for free will not being in the Bible, the term of course isn't but God did lay out a choice for us

Deut 30:19  I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live...

There seems to be a choice to be made here.

I also ponder the Pharoah in Moses time, when God hardened his heart, he didn't stand a chance of repenting with God hardening his heart, I'm not so sure he had a choice.

Seems like we are called/chosen/selected AND we make the choice to answer the call.  

Now is EVERYONE selected and called?? Remember Pharoah didn't stand a chance.  Neither did Judas Iscariot....

Jesus knew Judas' heart. Judas was a thief and betrayer by choice. Jesus knew Judas would not change (John 6:70) This betrayal of Jesus was part of God's sovereign plan. But Judas made the choice. God knew what Judas would choose and confirmed it. Judas never found the right relationship with Jesus--he was never saved....the  same for Pharaoh. God confirmed the life Pharaoh had chosen of continual resistance to   God.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus knew Judas' heart. Judas was a thief and betrayer by choice.
We're all of us sinners by choice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

ACTS 13:48

.....And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

This verse suggests that these people (Gentiles in this case) had an appointment with God (or God had an appointment with them, however you read that).  They were appointed...ie selected, chosen, elected.

Are there people who are not appointed...let's consider our examples like Judas Iscariot, and Pharoah.