IGNORED

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

vja4Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Very good point Leonard...

If you are grounded solidly in scripture, do research on Christian Mysticism. You will be surprised on how long it has been around, who followed it and what it is about. Some teachings sound really good, but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie. Others "fill in the gap" where scripture is silent. Everything is spiritual and not much left out, including stuff like lucid dreaming.

Lucid dreamimg is simply knowing that you're dreaming. Is that bad? :noidea:

You will not like my answer, but do the research. If I were to give you my thoughts from what I have studied, you would just continue to question what I say. The best way is to do the work yourself and come to your own conclusion.

Ok now remember, the only thing being discussed here is the definition of "Lucid Dreaming"......nothing more.

As you suggested, I did my own research and here's what I found. The first 7 sites I looked at all said basically the same thing. I didn't go any further because I didn't see any reason too. "Lucid Dreaming Definition" is what I entered into the Google search engine.

A lucid dream is a dream in which you know you are dreaming. Typically this happens when the dreamer experiences something strange, and when they stop to question their reality, they realize they are in a dream. Lucid dreams happen naturally on occasion, although some people may have them naturally more often than others. The definition of lucid dreaming may be simple, but there are a lot of misconceptions surrounding it.

Lucid Dreaming

I have lucid dreams. Not every dream I have is a lucid dream and I don't believe that recognizing that one is dreaming can be considered a sin or the practicing of some dark art. How is knowing that you're dreaming considered evil?

Acts 2

17 ‘ And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

Folks, honestly!

Paul being caught up to the third heaven was a mystical experience.

Ezekiel, Daniel, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, ALL HAD MYSTICAL EXPERIENCES!

Mysticism is probably a too broad word, like 'magic.' For many people consider divine healing 'magic,' as many people consider Hindu Meditation techniques 'mysticism.'

The practice of Christian mysticism may be thought of as simply meditating ('mumbling aloud') on the Scriptures and waiting upon God in quietude. Somehow that doesn't sound dreadfully sinful to me!

It

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Is

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Revelation 1-2

No

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

Mystery

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,

piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Jesus Saves

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1 Corinthians 1:17-25

Mysteries Won't

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

If you are grounded solidly in scripture, do research on Christian Mysticism. You will be surprised on how long it has been around, who followed it and what it is about. Some teachings sound really good, but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie. Others "fill in the gap" where scripture is silent. Everything is spiritual and not much left out, including stuff like lucid dreaming.

Man, lucid dreams rarely happen to individual people on any kind of a regular basis. However there are people who can and do teach one how to have lucid dreams as a tool to interface with the spiritual realm, and none of them I've been exposed to are interfacing with the Holy Spirit.

So, yeah lucid dreams are not in themselves a bad thing. Actually they can help people overcome sub concious fears...... but they can also introduce one to some really dark things if that's what you wander into.

Man, lucid dreams rarely happen to individual people on any kind of a regular basis. However there are people who can and do teach one how to have lucid dreams as a tool to interface with the spiritual realm, and none of them I've been exposed to are interfacing with the Holy Spirit.

So, yeah lucid dreams are not in themselves a bad thing. Actually they can help people overcome sub concious fears...... but they can also introduce one to some really dark things if that's what you wander into.

And that's an entirely different subject. Lucid dreams by themselves, are harmless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

And that's an entirely different subject. Lucid dreams by themselves, are harmless.

What other one was speaking of is what I was also speaking of. Just like what Leonard mentioned is not what Christian Mysticism is about. The thread is about what can go wrong because of the Mysticism in the church today.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1957

Mysticism is complex and not easily and quickly defined ....

The miracles we see in the Bible are simply that, miracles, not acts of Mysticism. Mysticism can start out with what seems to be harmless: meditation, concentrating, chanting, reading writings of the Mystics ....

But as you get in to Mysticism deeper, it gets more involved, and you get farther away from the Bible, and farther from God.

Mysticism opens the doors to spirits, which are not of God!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Mysticism is complex and not easily and quickly defined ....

The miracles we see in the Bible are simply that, miracles, not acts of Mysticism. Mysticism can start out with what seems to be harmless: meditation, concentrating, chanting, reading writings of the Mystics ....

But as you get in to Mysticism deeper, it gets more involved, and you get farther away from the Bible, and farther from God.

Mysticism opens the doors to spirits, which are not of God!

Amen!

Proverbs 3:5-7 KJV Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Philippians 4:6-9 KJV Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

So are guns, but around here we don't let just anyone carry them around with them all the time. Same with Lucid Dreams; not just anyone should play around with them. BTDT.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Many churches are under attack from the enemy, with counterfeit revivals, demonic manifestations, occult practices, Mysticism, New Age ...

How could so many church leaders be easily misled, and continue to add to the deception, leading many people, even Christians into the world of Mysticism ....

Has anyone had experience with Mysticism?

What exactly is wrong with Mysticism?

It cannot be tested by Scripture..... and God expects us to test all things by Scripture..... so then it is not of God.... Love Steven