Guest Xan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

There is no "paradox". One cannot have a pure heart unless they are born again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/20/1980

Hey George.. and everyone else

Thanks for the information on Mormonism, and the site links.  I was chatting on IM with my cousin, and she said that the Mormons had just left her house, and they wanted to return on Monday...she said she wanted to hear what they had to say.  I remembered seeing this topic, so I came here and copied a little to her and one of the site links.  After she read some, she said she wouldn't let them come back!

Sooo.. thanks for your help.

Melanie

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Your so welcomed Melanie.  :biggrin:

With much agape love,

George

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

anyone who is intersted in the comparitive study of Mormons vrs. Christian doctrine I recomend a book "How Wide The Divide"  Co-written by a Christian Pastor and Mormon Priest,

they outline verse by verse the exact differences in scriptural iterpretation between mormon and christians...a real eye opener for somebody interested in the biblical orgins of mormon thinking and dogma.... and listening to two opposeing views in conversation.....the authors names i think is Graig bloomberg and Stephen Robinson

Does it also address "The Book of Mormon", which they consider to be "another" Testament of JESUS?

(Edited by Timothy at 8:21 pm on Jan. 31, 2002)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

yes, it adresses the book of mormon, but the topic of the book, is how, why, mormons get their dogma from the bible,

how they read they exact same verses but interpret them diffrently, i think the point of the book is trying to illustrate that there is a form of logic to mormon doctrine, one doesnt have to agree with it to recogize the logic behind it. educational, thats all....i happen to live in a state that has the highest percentage of mormons (per capita) than any other state (idaho)...Every public school here has a mormon seminary biulding next to it, in which a student can recieve a credit for attending..( where is seperation of church and state?!?!?)

Well, much of their doctrine comes in the form of decrees by the president of the church (or cult), who's words are unquestionably considered equal to in authority to the Bible and/or "The Book of Mormon". That is one reason, many (if not most) of the church's (or cult's) members have no idea what doctrines they have pledged themselves to.

Thanks for the info MHS

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

http://www.davidhales.net/scriptures/index.html

I found this book of the mormons online..

Angels

There are basically two kinds of Christians and it divides by works and grace. Even many born again Christians get mixed up and think that, well yes, Christ saves us but only if our good works outweigh the bad. I think all are trying to follow Christ, they just see things differently and whether they are right or wrong, at least they are trying to follow whatever light of Christ understand. The main thing is to believe in Christ. I don't think it is necessary to know everything about His divine nature or whether he is the Father and Holy Ghost as well as the Son. As long as you believe that Christ is the saviour and follow Him the best you know how, you are a Christian. It's such a laugh to me that Christians get so worked up about trying to prove who is and who isn't a Christian and make everyone who doesn't fit their mold out to be a dangerous cult. Please cut me some slack! Charles manson and his followers, now there is a dangerous cult. The mormons are just a bunch of little lambs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Leviathon, you must be saying Mormons are lambs based on a lack on knowledge of their doctrine. More like wolves in sheeps clothing I would say. They are totally mixed up on the diety of Christ, and you have to believe in Christ to be saved.