• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

More evidence of Glenn Beck's real agenda

Marvin Olasky was at one point a radical leftist history professor and an advocate of the communist worldview. But he trusted Christ a number of years ago and is now the editor of World magazine. Olasky recently appeared on Glenn Beck’s TV program. Beck is one of the media stars on the late afternoon Fox TV lineup. I believe the substance of that interview needs to be summarized. In effect, I will quote verbatim from Olasky’s account of his time with Glenn Beck. Beck introduced Olasky as “a former Communist. Now he believes man can rule himself.” Olasky comments: “Not exactly, on the last part: I said, ‘We are people created to worship in some way. If we don’t worship God, we’ll worship the human gods created by people . . .’”

Beck then wrote on the blackboard, “Can man rule himself?” He then answered the question: “Yes, if enlightened, educated, empowered, and entrepreneurial.” Olasky responded: “But the Bible says our first sin, back in the Garden, was attempting to rule ourselves.” Beck then permitted Olasky to use one of his famous blackboards on which he drew and explained the checks and balances that this nation’s Founders set up because they were wary about man’s ability to rule himself. Hence, originally the US was a mix of monarchy (the president), aristocracy (the Senate), and democracy (the House of Representatives), with further checks from the Supreme Court, state legislatures and a free press.

The audience was then permitted to ask questions. One young woman asked for help in dealing with her “sense of powerlessness and sadness.” Olasky responded that, despite the many schemes proposed by humans, “Nothing works apart from Jesus Christ.” Beck responded, "That’s not the way I would have answered it . . . But it is a good answer.” He then offered his prescription for a disordered society: “We just have to put it all in order. We have to enlighten ourselves, educate ourselves, empower ourselves, and then be creators. That is the solution.” Powerfully, Olasky concludes his summary of appearing on Beck’s program: “Clear enough.

Two different views: One with God at the center, one with man at the center. Beck emphasized his position: ‘Jefferson said fix reason firmly in her seat, and question the very existence of God. I have applied that to not just God but everything. . . Empower yourself.’” Olasky concludes that when he went to the Glenn Beck website a few days later and viewed the program, he noted that his comment, “Nothing works apart from Jesus Christ,” and Beck’s curt response, were not there. Interestingly, they had been cut! That says more about Glenn Beck’s agenda than the volumes of liberal critiques of his program and of his worldview. Beck’s question, “Can man rule himself?,” can only be answered no, unless you come from Beck’s quasi-humanist viewpoint, which sees empowered, educated and enlightened man as the solution to the human dilemma. He is not! Only Jesus Christ is the answer, for apart from Jesus, man will only make the human condition worse. Marvin Olasky articulated that well (even though it was cut); Glenn Beck did not.

Link

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I find that interesting.... there'a always been something about beck that bothered me, I thought it was just his being a Mormon, but this seems much more problematic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Glenn Beck's opinions clearly come from his Mormon religion. He may be a good guy but I just can't listen to him anymore. I used to be a big fan but now I also have a sense of unease when he's on my t.v. screen.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

What bothers me is that tons of Evangelicals cling to what he has to say.:blink:

Glenn Beck's opinions clearly come from his Mormon religion. He may be a good guy but I just can't listen to him anymore. I used to be a big fan but now I also have a sense of unease when he's on my t.v. screen.

That

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

That's not the way I would have answered it . . . But it is a good answer." He then offered his prescription for a disordered society: "We just have to put it all in order. We have to enlighten ourselves, educate ourselves, empower ourselves, and then be creators. That is the solution."

Is that Mormon theology? It doesn't sound like what I was getting when we attended church there, nor from the bishop I worked with. That's strait out of the dark side of the Garden of Eden.

Well, the Book of Mormon does teach that everyone can become gods if they do whatever it is Mormons do. Oh, and I agree that this stuff is from the dark side; Mormonism is a false religion.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Sam,

Mormons believe and teach that we are all little gods and that we can become creators and gods of our own little worlds if we follow their Doctrine.:thumbsup: They teach that Jesus is our brother and nothing more than an enlightened created being much like ourselves.:blink: We just lack the enlightened part.:blink: We can be like Jesus, we have it wihtin us, He came not to save us from ourselves, but to show us the way. Beck teaches this as well. His whole book "The Christmas Sweater" is about this.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What bothers me is that tons of Evangelicals cling to what he has to say.:blink:

My friend who loves listening to him does so for what he uncovers, not for what he says about religion. And when he mentions "God" they kind of gloss over the "god" he describes.

Sam,

Mormons believe and teach that we are all little gods and that we can become creators and gods of our own little worlds if we follow their Doctrine.:thumbsup: They teach that Jesus is our brother and nothing more than an enlightened created being much like ourselves.:blink: We just lack the enlightened part.:blink: We can be like Jesus, we have it wihtin us, He came not to save us from ourselves, but to show us the way. Beck teaches this as well. His whole book "The Christmas Sweater" is about this.

They teach that Jesus was/is Satan's brother, I don't agree with a lot that they do teach, but enlightenment in this life...... I'm not sure about. Many of the WoF'ers teach the same thing about becoming Gods, but the creating part is outside the Bible in their other books. But I don't remember any of that for this life....

there are several places I attended when looking for the true church that taught that we had to take over the world and make it a decent place for Jesus to return..... Those taught similiar things, but weird as Mormons are I never had any of them promote that kind of thing in this life.

Interesting......

Something about Beck that unsettles my spirit, but it's deeper than his show.....