Botz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Hupo and Bible2...I wasn't really considering end-time scenarios which could pan out in a variety of ways, many of which have probably not even entered the realm of possibility yet, and personally I think many things have to happen before we reach that stage. What I have been considering recently is solely to do with the build up of weapons by hostile nations surrounding Israel and the immediate ramifications should wars break out.

I appreciate what you posted Bible2....very interesting, and I really think those monstrosities nestled on the Temple Mount will act as catalysts to end-time scenarios when they are destroyed....earthquake, missile, looney-tune with a match etc. I tend to agree with Hupo, that any Arab unity is a bit of an Oxymoron, and yet they managed to get their act together when the State of Israel was declared...and the Persians who are not Arab, seem to have designs on leading the way and establishing their own kudos.

I don't think it is ever possible that Israel will once again be over-run because if we believe this is the time that G-d Himself has brought them back to the land, then it also states in

Amos 9:14

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

But what is a distinct possibility is that Israel will be beset with many sorrows, far more than she has experienced in the past, with the gradual hatred not only of the Moslem nations, but of the world....and yes, this would be the spring-board to Armageddon, but whther or not it will be in our lifetime is very specualtive....we do not know....but we do know certain other events need to be set in motion before it even begins to happen.

What other things Brother?

I knew someone would put me on the spot. :rolleyes:

Well Sis I am not at all into endtime chronology, and don't even have a solid take on the rapture and the tribulation.

The general view that I have, which is gleaned purely from Scripture and hopefully untainted by speculation of diverse teachings on the subject is this:-

There will be a paradigm shift in the way the world is run, and probably it will mean the demise of Western democracy.

There will be extensive and catastrophic natural disasters occuring in places they would never normally happen.

The generation of people will rapidly undergo a moral decline the like of which has never been seen before on such a global scale.

Wars will erupt everywhere in battles for local dominance and strange alliances will be seen.

One world religion will be embraced and given foremost place by most world leaders...probably incorporating each religions leading figures with a mishmash of teachings that appeal to the intellect.

The third Temple will be built in Jerusalem (although not sure if this is an end-time sign)

Jews will be persecuted and forced to flee to Israel from Western nations, then the world will turn against Israel.

There will be significant figures rise to the fore, aided by demons, some will produce miraculous technology and seem to solve global economy, others will be representative of the powers behind a One World religion.

By this time things really hot up and the big cheeses of endtime predictions become manifest...etc etc

The Ultimate War....millions wiped out....the cry of Israel to G-d...and the second coming of Messiah.

That is a very brief non-referenced summary of what I generally think is implied by much of the Scripture i have looked at, but like I said, it isn't something that fascinates me, or even holds my attention so I probably have a scanty grasp at the moment.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Brother. I have always valued your opinions. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Botz, I think they have several options.

they can just lay down and die the way they did in Germany (don't hold your breath on this one).

They can do pre emptive strikes as they have in the past (must be sometime rather near in the future)

They can go the Ezekiel option and let God take care of it.

Or they can go the Sampson Option and take us all out with them.

Spooky thing is that they are actually capable of doing any of these.

i also think that there are weapons in this world that are as bad or worse than the nuclear weapons we're all aware of. Israel seems to be on the cutting edge of most developments. If what I am reading about scaler weapons is not science fiction, the earth itself is in danger of being caught up in the standoff.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Botz, I think they have several options.

they can just lay down and die the way they did in Germany (don't hold your breath on this one).

They can do pre emptive strikes as they have in the past (must be sometime rather near in the future)

They can go the Ezekiel option and let God take care of it.

Or they can go the Sampson Option and take us all out with them.

Spooky thing is that they are actually capable of doing any of these.

i also think that there are weapons in this world that are as bad or worse than the nuclear weapons we're all aware of. Israel seems to be on the cutting edge of most developments. If what I am reading about scaler weapons is not science fiction, the earth itself is in danger of being caught up in the standoff.

What is meant by scaler weapons, O.O.? :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Don't want to pour water over the enthusiasm with all the ways we can die

The sun is shining, it is spring and the weather is just amazing

What a gift from the great architect!!

Would he allow all this to burn up?

But hey! While we are all waiting impatiently for doomsday, why don't we enjoy what we DO have?

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Shalom Bible2,

The odds of you being correct in your view of things are at least 50% and arguments won't change anything.

Just stating that I have no argument with you, just seeing things in a somewhat different way :)

But to the point, from my experience with our neighbors is that they are not western thinkers.

Look at their culture, their way of life, their regard to western systems such as democracy, their view of study and research, their conduct with family life, the place women take in the family, the way pride controls so much in life, their laws and the way they implicate them and so on and so on......

I am not saying we are better!

I am saying we are different. Just take democracy. The west regards it as an ultimate way of life while most Arab states regard democracy as something to be used as needed and many times it is for undermining democracy itself.

Unity has never been a strong point. There have always been struggles in every which way you turn

We here in Israel laugh at ourselves saying that where there are two Israelis, there are at least two opinions!

The Arab world is even more so in this sense, so much so that seeing some kind of world wide national Arab empire is, to my mind , pretty far fetched

But, like I said, you may be right.... time will tell :)

It is very true that the arab/islamic world is fractured but its on the mend it seems and once a few of the old guard have been taken out and countries restructured that may be something that could happen at least over the course of a few years. Under the ottoman empire islam was united, of course theres always factions, dissenters in every bunch yet if islam is the end of the age beast it won't take the advesary long to reunite them all under one leader, a global wide caliphate is what they are after from what it all looks like. Unity is not mans strong suit unless theres a common cause we know Israel and the west is a common cause, islam so thinks that if Israel is gone all problems dissolve we know thats not true yet the common person struggling to live in any of those islamic countries hear that Israel and the west are evil and the core of all their problems. There does seem to be more calamity, terrible times ahead for Israel and all who love YHWH and Yeshua our Messiah.

I love the attitude, the heart felt attitude of the Jewish nation! that every single day is precious and is lived to the fullest! a attitude that needs to be contagious within all our hearts!

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Botz said:

The third Temple will be built in Jerusalem (although not sure if this is an end-time sign)

Be assured that it is. For Revelation 11:1-2, Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31,36, and 2 Thessalonians 2:4 require a third Jewish temple in Jerusalem during the coming tribulation. It will coexist with the church like the second Jewish temple did (Luke 24:53) and like the temple building in heaven does (Revelation 11:19). It could be built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem by the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel after they clear the site by destroying the Muslim Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque.

Shortly after the ultra-Orthodox Jews complete the third temple, the Antichrist could attack and defeat them and a false Messiah leading them (Daniel 11:22). Then the Antichrist could "cut" a peace treaty with them and their false "Messiah" (Daniel 9:26, Daniel 11:23) permitting them to keep the temple and to continue to perform the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices in front of it for at least seven more years (Daniel 9:27a), so long as they give up the outer court of the temple (Revelation 11:2) to the Muslims so that the Muslims can rebuild the Al Aqsa Mosque on the southern end of the Temple Mount and resume worship there. The ultra-Orthodox Jews could grudgingly agree to this, if the only other option is for them to lose the temple entirely. They could then build a huge wall between the temple and the southern part of the Temple Mount, in order to keep the temple from being defiled.

But then, only some 3.5 years after making the seven-year peace treaty, the Antichrist will break the treaty, attack the temple, stop the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices, place the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing android image of the Antichrist) in the holy place of the temple (Daniel 9:27b, Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15), and then sit himself in the temple and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). Thus could begin the Antichrist's 42-month Luciferian (Satanic) worldwide reign of terror (Revelation 13:4-18).

Shortly after that reign, at the very end of the coming tribulation, the temple could be completely destroyed (Matthew 24:2), along with the entire city of Jerusalem (Luke 19:44). For the Antichrist and all the armies of the world will attack and pillage Jerusalem right before the second coming of Jesus Christ (Zechariah 14:2-5, Daniel 11:45), and at the second coming there will be tremendous earth changes which will occur in the immediate vicinity of Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:4-5). These events could result in all the man-made structures in Jerusalem, including the temple, and the Western Wall (also called the Wailing Wall), being completely broken down so that not one stone will be left upon another (Luke 19:44).

Then the returned Jesus (Zechariah 14:4) will rebuild Jerusalem and make it the capital of the whole world (Zechariah 14:8-19, Micah 4:1-4) and he will build a fourth temple there (Zechariah 14:20-21, Zechariah 6:12-13). It will serve a similar function for the church during the coming millennium (Revelation 20:4-6) as the second temple served for the church in the first century (Luke 24:53) and as the temple building in heaven (Revelation 11:19) serves for those in heaven (cf. Revelation 7:15).

---

Some people feel that if a third Jewish temple was ever going to be built, it would have been built already. But one reason that it hasn't been built yet is because the current, secular government of Israel has been very careful to protect the Muslim Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque ever since Israel took military control of the Temple Mount back in 1967. For the Israeli government knows that if the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel were to destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque (the third holiest sites in Islam, right after those in Mecca and Medina) in order to clear the Temple Mount for the building of a third Jewish temple, this could mean the end of the state of Israel, because Muslim armies and militias could in their total rage descend on Israel en masse in an all-out jihad, attacking Israel simultaneously from three directions, overwhelming its defenses and quickly overrunning its tiny territory, defeating it completely.

While the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel are no doubt aware of this danger to Israel should the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque ever be destroyed, they believe that the third Jewish temple must nonetheless be built exactly where the first and second Jewish temples stood: right over the Rock of Sacrifice (the Rock of the Dome of the Rock) on which Abraham almost sacrificed Isaac. And the ultra-Orthodox Jews could eventually be brought to the point where they will even desire to see the end of the current, secular state of Israel, believing that only in its demise will God make it possible for them to establish a new, perfectly ultra-Orthodox, theocratic state of Israel with its capital in the walled Old City of Jerusalem (which contains the Temple Mount), and to build on the Temple Mount a third Jewish temple before which they can restart the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices and perfectly keep every jot and tittle of the Mosaic law.

(This could point to another reason that the current, secular government of Israel doesn't want to let the ultra-Orthodox Jews build a third temple: out of fear that the secular authority of the Israeli government could subsequently get undermined. For once temple practices resumed and a priesthood came into power, a creep toward theocracy could ensue in Israel, where priests and rabbis would become powerful enough to replace the secular leaders in Israel. So the secular leaders could want to simply place a hold on any drift in that direction by forbidding the building of a third temple.)

The ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel are currently very well-armed, for they're allowed by Israel to even have machine guns for self-defense against the Palestinians. If the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel start to get squeezed out of their settlements in Samaria and Judaea (also called the West Bank) and East Jerusalem, because of some "peace deal" handing the whole kit and caboodle over to a Palestinian "state", the ultra-Orthodox Jews in their rage could resort to violence, for they (rightly) see Samaria, Judaea and Jerusalem as being the historically most important and most holy parts of the land of Israel promised by God to the Jews since the time of Abraham.

A fear of the ultra-Orthodox Jews resorting to violence could be one of the reasons that the Israeli government refuses to hinder Jewish settlement activity in Samaria, Judaea and East Jerusalem. It could also be one of the reasons that the U.S. government has been convinced by Israel to back off from requiring any such hindrance. But if down the road pressure from the Arab masses for a Palestinian state becomes so extreme that it begins to threaten to overthrow U.S. hegemony over the Arab world, the U.S. could decide to force Israel to surrender all the Jewish settlements to a Palestinian state.

If the IDF then starts forcing the evacuation of all the settlements, this could so enrage the ultra-Orthodox Jews they could suddenly mass in their tens of thousands, all armed with machine guns, and led by three huge bulldozers they could march as a great army to the Old City of Jerusalem and go up onto the Temple Mount and completely destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque. They could then begin to build a third Jewish temple and declare the walled Old City of Jerusalem to be the capital of a new, purely ultra-Orthodox state of Israel, where the Mosaic law will be the law, and where no non-kosher person or thing will be allowed within Old Jerusalem's "Holy walls".

Besides getting squeezed out of their settlements, something else that could help tip the scales so that the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel will become violent is the rising up of a false, miracle-working ultra-Orthodox Jewish "Messiah" in Israel. He could rise up and say something like:

"God says that now is the time for us to take back religious control of the Holy Temple Mount and rid it of all the vile abominations which the heathen have placed upon it. We are to sanctify it in the name of our God so that we might rebuild His Holy Temple there. Listen, my brethren, fear not the reaction of the heathen when we retake religious control of the Holy Temple Mount. For God Himself is with us. He will protect us perfectly. Have I not shown you His mighty Power working through Me? Fear not any men, but fear only our Mighty God, who now commands us to rebuild His Holy Temple at the place He determined from the time of our father Abraham.

"Our God gave us back the Temple Mount way back in 1967 C.E. But what have we done with it over all the time since then? Nothing! How can this be? How can we have allowed some merely-secular, so-called 'Israeli' government invented by sinful men to keep us, God's holy people, from even setting foot back on the Temple Mount? Let us rise up, my brethren! Let us all rise up, in the name of our God, and let us do mighty exploits to the Glory of His Holy Name!"

With such rhetoric, accompanied by his working of amazing miracles (cf. Matthew 24:24), a false ultra-Orthodox Jewish "Messiah" in Israel could whip up the ultra-Orthodox Jews there into a religious frenzy, so that they will all with great zeal, and without any fear, march in their tens of thousands upon the Temple Mount, and take total control of it, and then rejoice there and dance and sing holy hymns to God "for His great and mighty Victory".

Something else that could help tip the scales with regard to the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel becoming violent is the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant. It could be found, for example, buried under an ancient ruined fort in the desert east of Jerusalem. The Copper Scroll could contain the clues as to where the Ark's buried in the fort (e.g. "under the third step").

The Ark could have been located there already with ground-penetrating radar by some non-religious treasure hunters, but the secular Israeli government could be holding up a digging permit to retrieve the Ark because the government is afraid that the ultra-Orthodox Jews could see the discovery of the Ark as (in their words) "an unmistakable sign from God that now is the time for us to rebuild His Holy Temple". So the Israeli government has a strong motive to keep the location of the buried Ark top secret.

Fearing that some ultra-Orthodox Jews could nonetheless somehow discover the top secret location of the buried Ark, and go there in the dead of night and dig it up without a permit from, or any notification to, the Israeli government, the government could have placed armed guards and surveillance cameras to watch over the buried Ark's location day and night.

But if the buried Ark's location is found out by some ultra-Orthodox Jews, they could round up tens of thousands of their fellows, all armed with machine guns, and they could suddenly swarm the location, overwhelm any armed guards there, and hold off any subsequently-arrived IDF troops long enough to get the Ark out of the ground. Once it's out and the IDF troops actually see it, it's unlikely that they're going to try to stop the ultra-Orthodox Jews from parading it to the Temple Mount; they'll be in such awe.

Also, once the ultra-Orthodox Jews make it to the Temple Mount and begin destroying the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque, it's unlikely that the IDF troops are going to open fire, whether with lead bullets or rubber bullets, on their fellow Jews, slaughtering or injuring hundreds or thousands of them. Also, increasing numbers of IDF officers are very religious, so they could even order their troops to stand down. And if some non-religious officers convince their troops to employ tear gas in an attempt to simply disperse the ultra-Orthodox Jews without harming them, this could be thwarted by the ultra-Orthodox Jews having brought along gas masks (which, ironically, could have been issued to them by the Israeli government itself, back when there was a fear that Saddam Hussein would send Scud missiles into Israel with chemical-weapons payloads).

So the Israeli government could be unable to prevent the complete destruction of the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque at the hands of the ultra-Orthodox Jews. And so the Israeli government could be unable to prevent the subsequent, retaliatory destruction of the state of Israel at the hands of enraged Muslim armies and militias.

mizzdy said:

Under the ottoman empire islam was united, of course theres always factions, dissenters in every bunch yet if islam is the end of the age beast it won't take the advesary long to reunite them all under one leader, a global wide caliphate is what they are after from what it all looks like.

Note that the man commonly called the Antichrist (the beast), during his 42-month worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), won't support Islam, insofar as Islam affirms that Jesus is the Christ (Koran 3:45), while the Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22). And Islam affirms that Christ is in the flesh, while the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will deny that Christ is in the flesh (1 John 4:3). And Islam affirms that the God of the Bible (YHWH) is the true God, while the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will utterly revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). And Islam says that no man can be God, while the Antichrist will say that he's God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). And Islam forbids the worship of any images (Koran 21:52, Koran 6:74), while the Antichrist will have an image made of himself to be worshipped (Revelation 13:15). And Islam affirms that Satan/Lucifer is evil, while the Antichrist will bring the whole world into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon) (Revelation 13:4, cf. Revelation 12:9). So the religion of the Antichrist during his 42-month worldwide reign won't be Islam but a blend of Luciferianism and Gnosticism.

Nonetheless, before the Antichrist is given power over all nations (Revelation 13:7-8), he and the man who will be his False Prophet (Revelation 13:11-16, Revelation 16:13, Revelation 19:20) could at first pretend to wholly support Islam (as well as Christianity), in order to gain a worldwide following.

---

The Antichrist himself could have grown up as a quasi-Islamic Druze Arab, in Lebanon, in the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2, cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:4). So he could at first present himself to the world as being of the (quasi-Islamic) Druze religion, which is waiting for the second coming of a God-man named Hakim.

The Antichrist himself could be named Hakim, and could first present himself to the Druze people as the fulfillment of the second coming of the God-man Hakim. In this way, he could get the Druze to support him without question during an initial rise to power among the Arabs. The Druze could be the numerically "small people" of Daniel 11:23. The Antichrist could make them his completely-devoted bodyguard, and buy them many key positions of power within a United Arab States and employ them as loyal spies at all levels of the United Arab government and military.

The Druze religion is very secretive. What it teaches to its higher-level initiates isn't even taught to its lower-level initiates. What it could teach to its higher-level initiates could basically be Gnosticism mixed in with the Hakim God-man idea. The Antichrist himself, while outwardly a Druze, could inwardly be a Luciferian Gnostic; he could be a highest-level initiate of a worldwide secret society which ultimately teaches Luciferian Gnosticism, but keeps this a secret even from its own members who haven't been initiated into its highest level.

---

The man who will become the Antichrist's False Prophet could currently be a (secretly apostate) Cardinal in the Roman Catholic Church, preparing himself to become the next Pope. If he becomes the next Pope, he could begin his tenure by making a great push for peace and unity between Christianity and Islam. He could say something like: "Why do we fight each other? Are we not all the spiritual children of Abraham and of his God, the one God? Can't we lay aside our foolish, man-made differences of theology, which have done us no good at all, but only brought us hatred and violence, and unite into one religion of Abraham, one religion of peace, based on love for the one God and love for our fellow man? What is more important than this?"

If the False Prophet becomes the next Pope, he could be so skillful in elucidating what the moderate Muslims could call "the true, peaceful, loving nature of Islam", that he could be hailed by them worldwide as (in their words) "A Great Imam, come to rescue our beloved Islam from the terrible reputation falsely given to it by the terrorists". In this way, the next Pope could come to hold high positions of power in two religions at the same time, which could be symbolized by the "two horns" of the False Prophet (Revelation 13:11).

The False Prophet could try to employ to his own ends the Biblical prophecy of the second coming of Jesus, as well as the Muslim prophecy which says that the miracle-working prophet Jesus will return bodily from heaven in the last days to bring the whole earth into the worship of the true God. For the False Prophet could claim that he is Jesus, returned to bring the whole earth into the worship of the true God, and he could perform amazing miracles (Revelation 13:13) as purported "proof" of his claim (cf. John 3:2). (This is why it's so important to know when and how the real Jesus' second coming will happen: Matthew 24:29-31, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, Revelation 19:7-20:6, Zechariah 14:3-21.)

Once the False Prophet by his amazing miracles has brought the whole earth under his spell (Revelation 13:13-16, Revelation 19:20), including many nominal Muslims and Christians (who may not care much for scriptural dogma, but could go ga-ga over his signs and wonders), he could begin to "reveal" to the world (what he could call) "The real message which was spoken by me (Jesus) at my first coming, and by the great prophet Mohammed, but which message became corrupted by power-hungry men when they copied and changed the early manuscripts of the Bible and the Koran". He could then gradually initiate the world into the Antichrist's Luciferian Gnosticism (1 John 4:3, Revelation 13:4-6).

The False Prophet could miraculously call fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13) as purported "proof" that Lucifer (the dragon) and the Antichrist (the beast) are the true God (Revelation 13:4,8). This would be a counterfeit of when the true prophet Elijah miraculously called fire down from heaven to prove that YHWH is the true God (1 Kings 18:37-39).

The Antichrist will revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36), whom many people mistakenly think of as being (in their words) "the God of the Old Testament, that cruel and hateful God who ordered people to commit genocide and kill babies (e.g. 1 Samuel 15:3), while Jesus came and preached love for everyone (Matthew 5:44-48)".

The truth is that Jesus confirmed that the God of the Old Testament, YHWH (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Leviticus 19:18), is the same as the God of the New Testament (Mark 12:29-31). Jesus died for our sins in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy (Isaiah 53, cf. 1 Peter 2:24), and rose from the dead in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy (Psalms 16:10, cf. Acts 2:31). He died to establish the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28) which YHWH had foretold in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 31:31-34). And Jesus died to bring about the defeat of Satan (Hebrews 2:14) which YHWH had foretold in the Old Testament from the very beginning in the book of Genesis (Genesis 3:15).

Nonetheless, building on many people's misconceptions of YHWH as (in their words) "the cruel God of the Old Testament", no doubt one of the Antichrist's chief blasphemies against YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36) will be that YHWH is an evil god. This is one of the ancient blasphemies of Gnosticism, another being the antichrist lie that Christ isn't in the flesh (1 John 4:3). During the coming worldwide reign of the Antichrist, the whole world will be deceived into rejecting YHWH and worshipping Satan (the dragon, the devil) and the Antichrist (the beast) instead (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9).

Satan could be worshipped not as "Satan", which most everyone sees as a bad name (it means "Adversary"), but as "Lucifer" (Isaiah 14:12), which means "the morning star". Because the Antichrist will utterly revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36), the Antichrist could lie and say that it's YHWH who is the true "Satan", the true "Adversary" of mankind, so that the Antichrist will deceive mankind into turning completely against YHWH.

Because the Antichrist and his False Prophet (possibly masquerading as Jesus) will deny that Jesus himself is the Christ (1 John 2:22) and will deny that Christ himself is in the flesh (1 John 4:3), and because the Antichrist and his False Prophet will bring the world into the worship of Lucifer instead (Revelation 13:4), the Antichrist and his False Prophet could say that (the non-flesh) Lucifer is the Christ, that the "new name" of Christ (Revelation 3:12b) is "Lucifer Christ". For just as "Lucifer" (Isaiah 14:12) means "the morning star", so Christ is the morning star (Revelation 22:16b). Also, Christ identified himself with the serpent (John 3:14), and Lucifer (the devil) is the serpent (Revelation 12:9). Also, Christ said "Ye are gods" (John 10:34), and it was the serpent who said "ye shall be as gods" (Genesis 3:5).

The truth is that Lucifer fell from his office of morning star (Isaiah 14:12) and became Satan (cf. Luke 10:18); Jesus the Christ has taken over the office of morning star (Revelation 22:16). And Jesus the Christ identified himself only with the brass serpent on the pole in Numbers 21:8-9 (John 3:14), which typified Jesus the Christ's crucifixion for our sins (John 19:16, Matthew 26:28). And in John 10:34, Jesus the Christ (John 20:31) was quoting YHWH in Psalms 82:6-7, which shows that even though humans have the knowledge of good and evil as gods do (Genesis 3:22), they will still die like humans (Psalms 82:7), contradicting the serpent's lie (Genesis 3:4).

Nonetheless, the Antichrist could falsely say that Lucifer is the Christ and the true and beneficent God of mankind, and that the False Prophet is the miracle-working prophet Jesus (John 3:2, Acts 3:22-24), returned to point the world to the true Christ/God. The Antichrist could falsely say that he (the Antichrist) is the human/divine "Son" of Lucifer, who must be be worshipped as God along with Lucifer (Revelation 13:4,8). This would be similar to how Biblical Christians now rightly worship the human/divine Jesus Christ (John 1:1,14) as God (the Son) along with God the Father (John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8).

Near the end of the coming tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18, miracle-working unclean spirits like frogs will come out from the mouth of Lucifer (the dragon), and out from the mouth of the Antichrist (the beast), and out from the mouth of the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13). And these miracle-working unclean spirits like frogs will go forth and convince the unsaved armies of the world to together at Armageddon (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel) in an attempt to fight a great battle against YHWH himself (Revelation 16:14-16, Revelation 19:19). Once the unsaved armies of the world have gathered together at Armageddon, they will then proceed south and pillage Jerusalem, right before the second coming of the real Jesus (who is YHWH: John 10:30) defeats them completely (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:21-20:6).

So the second coming of Jesus Christ will be a total shock to the unsaved people of the world. They will have been expecting to wage war against some evil Old Testament god named "YHWH" with the help of the good Jesus (played by the False Prophet) and with the help of the true and beneficent Christ/God (played by Lucifer) and with the help of the good Son of God (played by the Antichrist) and with the help of the good angels of God (played by the fallen angels of Lucifer: Revelation 12:9). But then instead of some evil god appearing in the sky, the world could see the glorious sign of the Cross (cf. Matthew 24:30), the symbol of the good YHWH dying for our sins (Acts 20:28b). And then the world will see the glorious appearance of the real Jesus, sitting on a white horse descending from the sky (Revelation 19:11-21).

When the unsaved people of the world realize at that moment how thoroughly they have been duped, and see in the sky the huge angelic armies (2 Thessalonians 1:7) of the true Jesus, the true Christ, the true Son of God, and the good YHWH, who are all the one and the same Jesus Christ of Nazareth, they could utterly mourn and wail for themselves (Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7), knowing in their spirits that Jesus has returned in wrath to destroy most of them for their unrepentant sins (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9, Revelation 19:15-21).

hupo said:

But to the point, from my experience with our neighbors is that they are not western thinkers.

Look at their culture, their way of life, their regard to western systems such as democracy, their view of study and research, their conduct with family life, the place women take in the family, the way pride controls so much in life, their laws and the way they implicate them and so on and so on......

Note that the Arabs won't have to become Western thinkers (in the sense of embracing democracy or women's rights) in order to become united, like they have been united at times in the past, such as during the Middle Ages, when it should be pointed out that for centuries Arab intellectual "study and research" far excelled that in Europe. For example, we still use their "al-gebra". And we still use their "Arabic numerals" (which are far superior to Western, Roman numerals). The Arabs are in no sense stupid intellectually. Their masses have just in recent centuries been suppressed intellectually, not educated in any matters beyond religion. Dubai shows that, once educated in a modern fashion, the Arab mind is more than capable of creating a modern, technological society like that in the West, or in Tel Aviv, for that matter. Imagine the level of development in Dubai spread across the Arab world, from Oman to Morocco, and you can begin to grasp the potential power of a United Arab States.

Also, as has been pointed out, the Arab world isn't united now because its masses have been unnaturally divided by rival military dictatorships, many supported by the U.S. and Israel. But take out the different dictatorships and replace then with one popular, charismatic Arab-nationalist Baathist dictator who distributes the Arab oil wealth to the Arab masses (Daniel 11:24), and you'll get unity in the Arab world in a heartbeat.