• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm really not sure what is game is though.

Maybe I should have posted this here rather than to create a new thread. But Trumpp kind of explains it in this interview:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

If Donald Trump were to lose the GOP presidential nomination, he could run for president as an independent -- and he thinks he could win, the business magnate and television personality said Monday.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/cbsnews-com-8301-503544_162-20053067-503544-html/

He will simply hand the election to Obama if he does that.

I agree with this... I think it would be a slam dunk for the incumbent if Trump runs. I believe that Trump inspires one of two immediate reactions - people either adore him or despise him... I never heard anyone say - "Oh, yeah.. he's okay - I have no real opinion of him"... I'm afraid more people would vote against him and in doing so pull away from a GOP candidate and give Obama a 2nd term .... I have real concerns about Trump's motives and agenda... :noidea:

Guest shiloh357

With all of the hullaballoo made about Obama's lack of experience, I think it would be hypocritical to run Trump as a Rep. candidate. He has never even served in a legislature.

Politics is about compromise. Trump is used to having it his way. Things are done when he says, the way he says. He is used to having absolute power in his own empire. In politicis, no one gets everything they want. That is why we debate and squabble and haggle over issues. We try to hammer out a deal where you get some of what you want and we get some of what we want. Trump is not used to that environment and would. I think he would turn into a bully.

I also think Trump's campaign will get very nasty. He will be a bulldozer, I predict.

Hmmm...how do we define lack of experience?

Running his business is no cake-walk in terms of being in charge - it is definitely more experience than a "community organizer". And being as big as he is, he's certainly gotten experience with diplomacy (business deals) and international relations. He probably has a better handle on the economic situation than most politicians do.

So..???

Guest shiloh357

Hmmm...how do we define lack of experience?

Running his business is no cake-walk in terms of being in charge - it is definitely more experience than a "community organizer". And being as big as he is, he's certainly gotten experience with diplomacy (business deals) and international relations. He probably has a better handle on the economic situation than most politicians do.

So..???

That is true, but he has no political experience. He has never been forced to compromise. He is used to running his own show, giving the orders and everything gets done his way. He doesn't have to put up with anyone or anything he doesn't want to. In politics, you have to go in to a meeting knowing that you are not going to get everything you want. You have to give in order to get. You cannot just bark out orders. You have to be a diplomat, both at home and abroad.

I guess I would be more comfortable with Trump if I knew he could be a diplomat. I like his strength, his pro-life stance, his opposition to Obamacare and his plain talk. We need a president who can be strong enough not to bow to our enemies, but is diplomatic enough to produce positive results. If he can defend our borders, provide good foreign relations, make sure the mail is on time and lower our deficit, he is good in my book.

That is true, but he has no political experience.

And right now, I'm wondering if that is a bad thing? (AKA not a part of the system.)

( :P )

He has never been forced to compromise. He is used to running his own show, giving the orders and everything gets done his way. He doesn't have to put up with anyone or anything he doesn't want to. In politics, you have to go in to a meeting knowing that you are not going to get everything you want. You have to give in order to get. You cannot just bark out orders. You have to be a diplomat, both at home and abroad.

Do we know he's never had to compromise? Do we know what his board meetings are like?

I guess I would be more comfortable with Trump if I knew he could be a diplomat. I like his strength, his pro-life stance, his opposition to Obamacare and his plain talk. We need a president who can be strong enough not to bow to our enemies, but is diplomatic enough to produce positive results. If he can defend our borders, provide good foreign relations, make sure the mail is on time and lower our deficit, he is good in my book.

Well, that's for him to prove.

*Note: not challenging your opinion, just picking the issue.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Newt or Mike will get the Republican nomination when all the dust settles.

You could be right.

The Republican establishment, though, has a pattern of nominating whoever is "next in line". Romney fits that bill.

I'd like to see somebody like Michelle Bachman, myself. Although the media would literally do their best to destroy her.

Blessings!

-Ed

I'm a big Bachmann fan myself. I do hope she runs because she's solid and focused and lacks the family dramas of Sarah Palin.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I'm a big Bachmann fan myself. I do hope she runs because she's solid and focused and lacks the family dramas of Sarah Palin.

When the Left cannot refute an argument, it will call into question the IQ of their opponents (I first noticed this when Reagan ran). It's amusing, really, when you think that we're supposed to believe all their members are Mensa candidates. Like Barack "I've been campaigning in all 57 states" Obama.

So we saw what is in store for Michelle Bachman - if she runs - a couple of weeks ago when she was in New Hampshire. She made a gaffe saying Lexington and Concord were in NH (not Mass.)

I only bring this up because if the GOP puts up a non-Establishment candidate (as opposed to an establishment candidate like Romney), this is the level of discourse we can expect from our friends on the Left (and the media).

Michelle Bachman is an intelligent woman who talks about serious issues. Whether or not those issues - and not her latest gaffe or the color of her dress - would get discussed, is another matter.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

If he was sane and had some level of humility he could be a good candidate. When he says thing like "In the old days, when have a war and you win, that nation was yours." Or the birther stuff. Or talking about how he "has a great relationship with the blacks."

The person who does and says that shouldn't run a Country, let alone America.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If he was sane and had some level of humility he could be a good candidate. When he says thing like "In the old days, when have a war and you win, that nation was yours." Or the birther stuff. Or talking about how he "has a great relationship with the blacks."

The person who does and says that shouldn't run a Country, let alone America.

Like...... what we've had is any better????