IGNORED

Would Jesus have attended a pro-rights rally?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That is a very good question. I think I would have to know what pro-rights meant. Are we talking pro-choice, pro-same sex marriage, pro-civil rights.

All of it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew 9

10 Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.

11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples,

I think Jesus would probably go to these rallies but not to support their causes. I think he would go to simply find his lost sheep. :)

The spirit of the question is if He would participate in the rally doing the rally thing - not if He'd be there as a non-participant.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Neb, I'm just dense this morning. By pro rights are you speaking of gay rights.

That is what initiated the whole debate, but she included everything. So it got me thinking about whether or not Jesus would do this or not?

He might join in for a pro life ralley..... although he would more likely be leading it.

But I wonder if this was His method?

Granted, the life and times of Judah (Israel) were different than they are now, but if such things existed back then? Considering His purpose for coming to Earth? Would He hold rallies for rights?

Well, I really don't know if they even had things such as this back then, so anything that I might say would just be thoughts off the time of my head. I'm not sure that's a good thing to do about trying to discern the mind of Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Neb, I think it's impossible for me to go there becuase it would depend on the setting. Are we discussing his actions when he was here 2000 years ago, or if he just stopped by for a visit for a few weeks now. When he comes back, his agenda will be really different and I can't see anything like this at all....

If he were here as a friend visiting me for the summer, I do believe he might attend rallies to express what was good and what was not with the people there..... now that's just my thoughts from the relationship we've developed over the past 50 years or so.

Neb, I think it's impossible for me to go there becuase it would depend on the setting. Are we discussing his actions when he was here 2000 years ago, or if he just stopped by for a visit for a few weeks now. When he comes back, his agenda will be really different and I can't see anything like this at all....

I know. I was thinking that, too.

But I think what people are asking - although via the wrong perspective - is what would Jesus have me do?

Jesus' purpose on Earth back that could have been sidetracked by such. But what is He doing on the Earth now through His body? What would He have us do?

(I'm glad you brought this in, because I wondered if anyone else would catch that, too.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

I think Jesus would probably go to these rallies but not to support their causes. I think he would go to simply find his lost sheep. :)

The spirit of the question is if He would participate in the rally doing the rally thing - not if He'd be there as a non-participant.

Ok.. So when I think of a rally I think of a bunch of people that have a common goal getting together, firing each other up about the goal and trying to convince others that their goal is good. Kind of sounds like what he told us to do while he was preparing a place for us. So for all the over all rally thing sure why not but specific rallies that have agendas that are contrary to what Jesus taught, no.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I think Jesus would of gone to these rallies, not to speak up for or against them, I think he would of been there to save the lost. Now while being at a rally and someone would of asked Jesus what he thought about the right in question, I sure he would of gave an excellent (Holy) answer, all ears would be open and you probably could hear a pin drop.

God puts no trust in the governments of men.

The answer is not "no"....it's HELL NO

I agree, God probably doesn't trust government of men, for they are only men. I do think God will use government to accomplish his works.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I think He would attend but would not participate. He knows what people need.