~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Sin is lawlessness, and some of the angels sinned. What was the law that they sinned against?

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare sinning angels, but thrust them down into Tartarus, and delivered them into chains of darkness, being reserved to judgment.

1Jn 3:4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sin is lawlessness, and some of the angels sinned. What was the law that they sinned against?

Well, God's standards are God's standards even before given to Moses to record.

Most believe these angels sinned sexually, the reasoning is a bit weird, but that's what I've heard.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

As we are created with a conscience, with God's commandments written on our hearts, so also the angels knew/know God's standard.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare sinning angels, but thrust them down into Tartarus, and delivered them into chains of darkness, being reserved to judgment.

1Jn 3:4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness.

We are not told what laws the angels had except if you believe some of them sinned against God by taking human woman. Its my opinion that God held the angels to a higher standard than man, they were to help Him with with keeping the earth and watching over mankind, they failed miserably. God put those responsible in prison for breaking those commandments. I am pretty glad I don't know what their 'Torah' was and is, His Torah for my life is what matters. Thing that always amazes me though in the end we will know what to judge them by, so perhaps theirs goes as such Love God above all else, keep all my Torah, love mankind as you love Me, always do what is in the best interests for my creation.... kinda stuff?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Most believe these angels sinned sexually, the reasoning is a bit weird, but that's what I've heard.

I've also heard this as a possibility...personally I think it is highly unlikely in view of the verse that says there is no giving or taking in marriage in the next life, and that we will be as the angels, which strongly suggests sexlessness....something most live without till puberty and go without in old age...there is no need for procreation, and the pleasures of sex are like having chicken-pox in view of what G-d has in store for us in eternity...although naturally it is difficult to grasp eternal things when our only experience makes comparisons from the physical.

As Mizzdy pointed out, we have no idea what the Torah of the angels involved...we just get the slightest inkling about pride and rebellion when we read about the manner in which Satan and a third of Heaven fell....not something we have to worry about, as G-d will resolve everything according to His eternal plan...some of which we are privvy to, and some we are not.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

OK Thanks, I haven't found anything in scripture about this either, so I'll put it in the mystery box, and move along.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3

See

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Isaiah 14:14

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've also heard this as a possibility...personally I think it is highly unlikely in view of the verse that says there is no giving or taking in marriage in the next life, and that we will be as the angels, which strongly suggests sexlessness....something most live without till puberty and go without in old age...there is no need for procreation, and the pleasures of sex are like having chicken-pox in view of what G-d has in store for us in eternity...although naturally it is difficult to grasp eternal things when our only experience makes comparisons from the physical.

As Mizzdy pointed out, we have no idea what the Torah of the angels involved...we just get the slightest inling about pride and rebellion when we read about the manner in which Satan and a third of Heaven fell....not something we have to worry about, as G-d will resolve everything according to His eternal plan...some of which we are privvy to, and some we are not.

The Bible says that the Angels do not marry in heaven, it does not say that they don't or can't on earth...... no where does the Bible call son or sons of God humans (with the expeption of Jesus and Adam) untill Jesus is resurected and it's possible for us to be born of the spirit where we will then be like the angels in heaven.

Humans are not the sons of God until we are saved.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1959

Lucifer sinned against God by rebelling against God's authority. The other angels that joined him are also guilty of outright rebellion.