IGNORED

How Much Of The Law Is A Christian Under?

wyguy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

Talking to various Christian friends of mine, it seems they all have a different perspective when it comes to the Mosaic Law and how much a believer is under it.

Some say we are to still obey the Law including all the Feast Days. Others say we are no longer under the Civil Law but still under the Moral precepts of the Law. And finally, some maintain that we are no longer under any aspects of the Law because Christ did away with it on the cross.

What say you guys?

In Matthew 5:17 the words of Jesus are very clear, He came to fulfill the Mosaic Law ad not to abolish it. So what in the world does that mean? Until Jesus died on the cross and entered Paradise to open it up noone entered into Heaven for none were saved! (John 14:6) Then when He was asked for the greatest of the commandments He summed the whole Ten with just two. Here-in lies the big argument and that prevails only for the lack of study, Nobody was ever saved by the Law ad nobody can be saved by the Law! The Old Testament Saints were held in Paradise until Jesus died and preached to them so they could make the decision to follow Him.

Noone likes this scripture reference but you need to get serious about your study and read the entire Bible to understand what I just said. Further-more, it must be read in a manor that acknowledges the author, the inspiration, as no other can, is Jesus. (John 1:1-3)

It is a very good thing to live life in the manor that the Two Great Commandments demand we do but one thing must be understood when living that life! We are saved men and women and we are not God! If we plan to sin, as we did before we were saved... we might want to look at our Salvation for a security check. When we are saved, the Holy Spirit 'Indwells' us and we no longer plan to sin but, on occasion, we might stumble into it.

When we do we need to repent, right then, and put our direction back on the path.

HereÅ› hoping this helped and did not open more qestions than it sought to answer.

Law ~ Love ~ Intimacy

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

Talking to various Christian friends of mine, it seems they all have a different perspective when it comes to the Mosaic Law and how much a believer is under it.

Some say we are to still obey the Law including all the Feast Days. Others say we are no longer under the Civil Law but still under the Moral precepts of the Law. And finally, some maintain that we are no longer under any aspects of the Law because Christ did away with it on the cross.

What say you guys?

... Grace

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:7-10

... And Celebration

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

... Think It Will Last At Least A Thousand Years

And seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the LORD, seven bullocks and seven rams without blemish daily the seven days; and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering.

And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and an hin of oil for an ephah.

In the seventh month, in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days, according to the sin offering, according to the burnt offering, and according to the meat offering, and according to the oil. Ezekiel 45:23-25

... Me Too

Thou shalt daily prepare a burnt offering unto the LORD of a lamb of the first year without blemish: thou shalt prepare it every morning.

And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a meat offering continually by a perpetual ordinance unto the LORD.

Thus shall they prepare the lamb, and the meat offering, and the oil, every morning for a continual burnt offering. Ezekiel 46:13-15

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What say you guys?

Jesus gave us two commandments..... Love God and Love our neighbors..... If we love our neighbors we will not break the last of the ten commandments, and if we love the Lord with all our heart mind and soul, we will lead the kind of lives that will keep us from breaking the first of the commandments...... if we make Jesus our Lord as romans tell us we will follow his teachings and be baptized and lead lives of good servants of the Lord. We won't just remember the Sabbath to keep it holy, we'll live daily understanding that we have entered the Fathers rest when we were saved. We will live the Sabbath every day.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

What say you guys?

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars

Guest Butero

What say you guys?

It is the moral laws that still apply today. The laws concerning Israel's separation from the gentile nations, and the laws concerning the office of the Levitical Priesthood no longer apply. The key however is if we walk in the Spirit, we don't need laws on tables of stone, because we will automatically fulfill them. Galatians 5:22-25

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Verse 18 of the same chapter says, "But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."

If you are not walking in the Spirit, then the moral laws are still there as a schoolmaster to tell us right from wrong. We know the moral laws still apply because of what it says regarding those who walk in the flesh. Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

There are two ways to look at this. If you are walking in the Spirit, there is no need to concern yourself about any laws because you are not under the law. At the same time, if you are not walking in the Spirit, then you do have reason to be concerned because that means you are walking in the flesh, and that will manifest itself in the works of the flesh. Those that do those things will not go to heaven.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

we are under no law whatsoever except the law written on our hearts. we are being transformed, having put on the mind of Christ. it is not a matter of what we do - that can be faked. it is who we are and what we believe that determines what we do and whether Jesus will know us or not when we stand before Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

What say you guys?

I can only speak for myself, I follow the Torah, the instructions of God. I keep the Sabbath and the feasts, none of them 'save' me from anything, just wanted that out there before someone decided thats what I think or believe.

The commands Yeshua gave everyone, love YHWH first and love your fellow man were quoted from Due. 6:5 and Lev. 19:18, all of God's laws are based in love, every single one. There are supposedly 613 laws outlined by Moses, laws given to him by God in order to show, give guidelines for good and righteous living according to Him, not all of those laws apply to everyone so they are not all followed by everyone. If someone is 'under the law' for me it means at least two things, they are striving to become saved by the keeping of the law or that they are still running around sinning with the idea that they are forgiven all when they confess and go out and do it all over again. Being under the law shows that we are still walking in darkness, anyone walking/obeying God is walking in His light and does not fall under any condemnation of the penalty of death that sin leads us to.

Torah is instructions, sin is the transgression of the commandments, if we are not to follow the instructions set forth by God in the OT where is the 'instructions' in the NT? There is no new commandments, the love God above all and love one another as I have loved you are as I pointed out were quoted by Messiah not something new. I suppose in the end its a choice to walk in His cycles/paths. The thing I have a problem with is the idea we are just to love, not that we are not!, but define love, your idea, mine and everyone else can come up with some idea of what we think love is in our thinking. God defined it when He took a pagan, complaining, whining bunch of people out of oppression and gave them a way of living that leads to a right relationship with Him. What grace He shows us all!

The feasts are so full of meanings, each year I celebrate them new meanings open up, more richness is added to the scriptures and more is revealed. Ya know Messiah said that His ways are not burdensome, that His ways are an easy yoke I, like Nebula, cannot see why so many consider His ways done away with, burdensome and thrown away at the cross, especially when we read how He kept them Himself and told His followers to do as He did. :noidea: Its a choice I suppose to either do or not, yet if we look ahead we see we will be following His ways during the millennial reign so we can rehearse what is to come or learn when He comes.

The question I guess is what is being written on our hearts today, His Torah or ? Its a question I often ask and get so many different views or ideas. I know this is an old discussion, but if we take a look at how God dealt with those who did not keep His ways we see destruction, and His people being scattered to the far corners of the world, in the dark without His guideance and light. One day we all will live under His Torah so why not take another look at what He wants of us and how we can serve and please Him in our lives. Like I said though I can only speak for myself.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

before Jesus was crucified, He did keep the laws. after His resurrection, it's a different story.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Yet with His death and resurrection we are under grace not the law - though that does not negate all law but we are not bound by it.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

What say you guys?

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars