• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

8 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

How did John (the immerser) know to leap in his momma's womb? Maybe, Mary was actually aware of scripture, wasn't the Messiah predicted to be a worker of miracles? At the wedding in Cana, Jesus did not seem that pleased with Mary (in my estimation) to be put on the spot that way.

I think it would be a great mistake to say Jesus was displeased.

I think it would be a great mistake to even imply Jesus was in any way was disrespectful of His mother or in any way did not show her the full honor God commanded children to give to their parents.

Jesus did not become God at His baptism.   He was God from His incarnation.  Mary knew Him more intimately than any other human being ever.   I think Mary knew because of whom Jesus showed Himself to be to her throughout His life to that point.  He was already about His Father's business as a child.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Sorry, don't know why, my posts keep coming up twice???

Edited 14 hours ago by HAZARD
Double post, will contact admin.

My posts come up twice also, and I AM an administrator. We know, it is a glitch in the software. You can do us a favor, by deleting your doubles, as we have difficulty keeping up deleting doubles ourselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

of Christ---Col. 2:9 NKJV  For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.  (ESV uses Deity in place of Godhead)

Col. 1:15-16 ESV  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation, for by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible--  ---all things were created through Him and for Him.  

Genesis 1:2b  And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 

Acts 5:3a  But Peter said," Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit--  4b  You have not lied to man but to God."

Jesus prayed to our Father in Heaven, and cried out to Him, Abba, Abba, which is a familiar  Aramaic term for Father such as Pa Pa, or Daddy.  He came to reveal the nature of the Father to us.  So the Father is not the Son, The Father is not the Spirit, but all three are God.  The Lord our God is One God.  It is hard to explain how they can be one and yet three separate Beings.  I think of it like an egg.  There is a shell, a white and a yoke.  They are one egg.  

of Christ---Col. 2:9 NKJV  For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.  (ESV uses Deity in place of Godhead)

Col. 1:15-16 ESV  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation, for by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible--  ---all things were created through Him and for Him.  

Acts 5:3a  But Peter said," Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit--  4b  You have not lied to man but to God."

Jesus prayed to our Father in Heaven, and cried out to Him, Abba, Abba, which is a familiar  Aramaic term for Father such as Pa Pa, or Daddy.  He came to reveal the nature of the Father to us.  So the Father is not the Son, The Father is not the Spirit, but all three are God.  The Lord our God is One God.  It is hard to explain how they can be one and yet three separate Beings.  I think of it like an egg.  There is a shell, a white and a yoke.  They are one egg.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

.... Remember the road to Emmaus ? Grown men, disciples walking with Jesus - their hearts burned within them as they walked  and as He Spoke to them.

((tangent, remember He never appeared nor made Himself known to any unbelievers: this is very important to note))

The disciples had already lived lives on earth for some number of years, and been "dirty" physically with dirt and spiritually with sin, and mentally with religion, politics, society, etc etc

In the womb, Yochanan the immerser had not yet become so defiled/ impure/ soiled physically with dirt nor spirituallly with sin nor mentally with religion, politics, society, etc etc ...

40 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

How did John (the immerser) know to leap in his momma's womb?.....

Has that changed or is it still getting worse ? 

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

... Matthew 13:58, And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Mark 6:4, But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

V 5, And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
   V 6, And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Has that changed or is it still getting worse ? 

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

... Matthew 13:58, And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Mark 6:4, But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

V 5, And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
   V 6, And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Willa said:

They are one in unity not body.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

I think it would be a great mistake to say Jesus was displeased.

I think it would be a great mistake to even imply Jesus was in any way was disrespectful of His mother or in any way did not show her the full honor God commanded children to give to their parents.

Jesus did not become God at His baptism.   He was God from His incarnation.  Mary knew Him more intimately than any other human being ever.   I think Mary knew because of whom Jesus showed Himself to be to her throughout His life to that point.  He was already about His Father's business as a child.

She knew who Jesus was and why He was here. She even call Him Her saviour, because she knew she needed a saviour just the same as all of us.

Her one words in Luke 1:46-47.

Luke 1:46, "And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,"

Luke 1:47, "And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour."